What's new

HAL pegs price of Tejas fighter at Rs 162 crore

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Icarus All my attempts to edit your post to make your reply not appear as a quote have failed. Buggy Xenforo

When will Tejas be flying in a squadron, fully operational? 2015 2017 or when?

You can see the jft vs gripen table for the specs of jft based on dubai airshow 2011 , however we dont know under what paramaters/configuration the tests were done moreover ''what we contributed in the project 5years back'' is not as important as what capability in aviation industry we've attained/will attain with the jf-17 project in the near future. SAAB is known to manipulate the paramaters particularly when competing with twin engine fighters

I am talking about difference between combat radius of JF 17 and Tejas.

I do not think the pilots with IAF agree with your Kamikaze doctrine. You might have to staff the IAF with the Mujaheddin.

Even when IAF exhausts is budget, all that money would have been spent in India and recirculated in India boosting the economy. Not boosting the economy of France.
Ok lets take discussion to a logical level... I see both arguments are fine.. one with 800 LCA against 657 Mig 21... you need to see why we went for such a huge fighters.. why didnt we purchase Mig-29 or Mirage for higher numbers when we initially brought?? try to find answer you will understand the same...

The best option which any air-force finds now is a mix of high medium low... This is how we can maintain operational cost.. LCA will fit the bill in many places.. it can perform 3-4 sorties which is a greater achievement.. If range is increased considerably it is going to wreck havoc.. adding further hard points (which IAF has ignored cooly only because of Medium fighters in place).. There are some places where Rafale will fit the bill ...

@Icarus All my attempts to edit your post to make your reply not appear as a quote have failed. Buggy Xenforo

I gave it a shot and gave up myself. But deserve credit for trying anyway.

By the way, your expertise are particularly catered to this thread. I, being an analyst am slightly out of place :p:

Where do these pak forum posters live.

They make things up as they go along

There are 248 Arjuns in service or on order

There over 120 Dhru Helicopters in service

Dozens of warships and a nuclear sub in final Testing..

Coming back to Tejas price at $26million a peice a bargin especialy how advanced amd modern the FCS is with all those composites and when you consider cost of Americam engines and israeli jammers ew suites and radars.

This will realy help IAF fill up nos at cheap pricves we cant afford 650 SU30MKI RAFALE alone.

Prehaps

250 SU30 mki @ $60m each average
126 rafale @ $100m each
125 Tejas @ $26 m each

plus 150 upgraded mirage 2000/mig29

I am talking about difference between combat radius of JF 17 and Tejas.

And what the official figures given based on what profile?
For e.g. On a High low high(high transit, low ingress to target, high return) the F-16 does 600km with 6 bombs and A2A weapons.

Do you or anyone have figures on that for the Tejas? or the JF-17?..

I gave it a shot and gave up myself. But deserve credit for trying anyway.

By the way, your expertise are particularly catered to this thread. I, being an analyst am slightly out of place :p:
I dont debate with repetitive "saaray jahan se acha Bharat hamara" Parrots of which populate this thread more than the more astute Indian members.

An example of which is post number 172

For e.g. On a High low high(high transit, low ingress to target, high return) the F-16 does 600km with 6 bombs and A2A weapons.

I dont debate with repetitive "saaray jahan se acha Bharat hamara" Parrots of which populate this thread more than the more astute Indian members.

An example of which is post number 172

So true, I seldom login these days because our finest members have gone dormant and these newbies cant provide me with the intellectual stimulation that I need to get into my state of argument. How I miss those old days...........

Its funny how the usual Indian "expert" opinions emerge on the JF-17 to come up with "confirmed" performance figures on the fighter out of well.. I'd rather not say. In some effort to downplay the aircraft, to feel good about the LCA. Lage raho.
True. I think the whole LCA vs JF-17 argument is childish at best. In reality it is quite futile to measure these fighters against one another a they have very different utility to their respective air forces. Whilst the Thunder is very much a necessity for the PAF, if the LCA never came into service the IAF would still have a very lethal force and could make up for this void quite easily. Some idiots would like to equate the JF-17 as the PAF's answer to the LCA or vice versa but this is such flawed logic. YOu cannot look at things in isolation. Really you need to be comparing the PAF with the IAF and that is a discussion for another place.

Anyway it's always been next to impossible to truly compare systems like fighters on a fair and objective basis and in the case of the LCA vs JF-17 it is near impossible to truly see how these 2 fighters stack up.

Su-30MKI was later "allowed to leave" Pakistani Airspace while being "locked" by F-16s all the way to border :lol:
:coffee:

Which sounds a bit like a tiger being "allowed to leave" by a lamb, with the lamb thinking he is so tough because he scared the tiger off!

PAF versus IAF is no longer even a contest, it's more a question of IAF fighting off potential PLAAF attacks while destroying the PAF as an afterthought.

So true, I seldom login these days because our finest members have gone dormant and these newbies cant provide me with the intellectual stimulation that I need to get into my state of argument. How I miss those old days...........

Somewhat true. Joe sir is not posting anymore.

Where is he?

On Topic>

Thanks.

Do you or anyone have figures on that for the Tejas? or the JF-17?

No. That's why I asked Manticore. Can you get those figures?

BTW do you agree with Post No. 98?

HAL pegs price of Tejas fighter at Rs 162 crore | Page 7

Mein bhiii nahin ? :cray:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom