HAL LCH| Updates and Discussions

EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: Light Combat Helicopter Sea-level Trials

LCH1+%281280x960%29.jpg

LCH2+%281280x960%29.jpg

LCH+hovering+-Tambaram.jpg

LCH+over+the+East+Coast.jpg

LCH+overflies+the+Bharat+Benz+factory+enroute+to+the+East+Coast.jpg

The+chase+Mi-8+accompanying+the+LCH+as+seen+from+the+LCH.jpg

Exclusive photos of the ongoing sea-level trials of the second prototype of India's Light Combat Helicopter (LCH) on the outskirts of the Chennai. Check out that sexy cockpit shot as the pilots near the East coast. The last photo, also taken from the LCH, shows the IAF chase Mi-8 from Yelahanka air force station that's flying with and observing/recording the LCH during the current round of sea-level trials. The trials will continue for another 7-9 days.

Livefist: EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: Light Combat Helicopter Sea-level Trials

These are TD-2s Shiv also said in his earlier post about TD-3s.

Kudos to Chinese people for developing sophisticated technology in defence.May be India(we) are behind you .If I am not wrong j-10 project was initiated by Deng Xiaping in 1988 and its first prototype was rolled out in 1997.Now to your one point about the LCA engine you commented that we are seeking foreign help . Then I dont know why the hell you fitted your Joke-10 with Russian Lyulka-Saturn AL-31FN turbofan engine. You are the second biggest economy you can rule the entire world that's you may be were little tired to fit joke-10 with chini made engines.
beaware Chinese goods doesn't come with warranty give proper parachutes to your pilots dont know when your plane stop in mid air hahahahhaha

no this is lch dude. lch has those yellow lines in there. look at the pic of inside lch at 6500m.

I'm still pretty sure this is the ALH. The colour is immaterial, that is merely the primer and so can be present on any platfomr especilly if it is on test. The postion of the seat just does not indicate it is in a tandem cockpit- the switchboard to the left of the pilot is NOT present on the LCH but IS not the ALH and if it were then the rear pilot would be slightly offset to the right and not in the centre of the cockpit (which is not how it is). Also look at the window/door to the left of the pilot, the windows/doors on the LCH are much larger (wider) than this and do not have the horizontal metal strips but the ALH doors DO:

1936.jpg

This is the LCH, lock at the cockpit- looks nothing like the layout in the pic but looks identical to ALH:

AI2011_LCH-9902.jpg

I'm still pretty sure this is the ALH. The colour is immaterial, that is merely the primer and so can be present on any platfomr especilly if it is on test. The postion of the seat just does not indicate it is in a tandem cockpit- the switchboard to the left of the pilot is NOT present on the LCH but IS not the ALH and if it were then the rear pilot would be slightly offset to the right and not in the centre of the cockpit (which is not how it is). Also look at the window/door to the left of the pilot, the windows/doors on the LCH are much larger (wider) than this and do not have the horizontal metal strips but the ALH doors DO:

1936.jpg

This is the LCH, lock at the cockpit- looks nothing like the layout in the pic but looks identical to ALH:

AI2011_LCH-9902.jpg

yeah ur right, good one :tup:

Sorry i wasnt reffering to you but to the above posted pic on whether it is ALH or LCH.

I am also finding it hard to identify but i dont think its DASH.

Which helmet is that?

Dash ?

AFAIK DASH is a fixed wing a/cs HMDS and not used on helos. I am led to believe though that soon IAF/IA will be inducting TOPOWL-I HMDS for a number of roatary wing assets including ALH which will be used in conjunction with QUADEYE NVGs. IMHO this is the standard helo helmet used by IAF/IA and nothing special.

Look at the visor carefull and you will come to know what it is. ;)

Good one- could have used this proof instead of my long-winded explanation!!

^^^^^ To counter helicopters , they should buy something good like 9K38 Igla or french mistral

Back
Top Bottom