What's new

HAL LCH| Updates and Discussions

These attack helos can be a decisive threat for enemy armor. Dedicated attack helicopters
like the Apache-type were designed to shread the threat of large enemy armored forces since
the Cold War and have promisingly done so ever since.

If I was given a choice of taking a column of attack helicopters or a regiment of MBTs, I'd choose
the chopper option anyday.

Well I would pick both to work in synergy insead of sending the attack chopper alone.

These attack helos can be a decisive threat for enemy armor. Dedicated attack helicopters
like the Apache-type were designed to shread the threat of large enemy armored forces since
the Cold War and have promisingly done so ever since.

If I was given a choice of taking a column of attack helicopters or a regiment of MBTs, I'd choose
the chopper option anyday.

Actually, fighters are the way bigger threat for tanks, since they can carry even higher numbers of rockets or anti tank missiles and even drones have credible anti tank capability today. The days of the massive tank wars are clearly over, today tanks are big targets, that have various threats to counter, since even militia with RPGs or smaller ATGMs was able to destroy very modern and expensive tanks without much trouble.
It is true that India faces big armies with 1000s of tanks, but with IAF capabilities, Rudra and LCH in IAs airwing + in future armed drones, the tank threat is way less than it was in past decades.

P.S. Take the Libyan war as an example where the allied forces easily was able to take out numbers of tanks with fighters and drones only.

Well I would pick both to work in synergy insead of sending the attack chopper alone.

That is precisely what the thrust of the recent Exercises in the west have been. Helicopters working in synergy with Tanks and ICVs with Top Cover by Aircraft when needed, and Battlefield Surveillance and Monitoring by UAVs and Sats. That is what future warfare in that terrain is likely to be. Little 'dug-in' stuff and fixed arty bombardments. Hence also the shift towards MBRLs and Missiles.

No answer to these really . I used to lead an organization working on software of various types. You never can tell what a pilot will do until he does it.

Personally I would use these helos as airborne artillery platforms, able to access targets land-based systems can not.

Who can tell what a pilot decides he can do?

Indeed. A machine's capability lies in materializing everything the pilot thinks he should in a situation, but the final decision is always of the Pilot's.

hallch.jpg

hallch2.jpg

Armed LCH TD-2

They add more fairing.

Posted by BlueDot_in_Space, decided to put it in the bigger thread.

dis one project DRDO has done exceedingly well.........i real thank them for there efforts
way to gooooo:yahoo::tup:

FLASH! Light Combat Helicopter Sea-level Trials From Tomorrow
Thursday, June 28, 2012

India's Light Combat Helicopter (LCH) is all set to begin a week of sea-level trials early tomorrow morning at Tambaram, on the outskirts of Chennai. A prototype of the LCH landed at Tambaram today along with a chase helicopter. The trials will include speed calibration and manoeuverability trials. The trials which could stretch to ten days will include generic performance and handling at sea-level (Bangalore is at 3,000 feet above sea level), calibration of the LCH's air speed measurement system and measurement of forces in terms of stress on various components of the platform.

Livefist wishes the test team the very best for the week ahead!

Incidentally -- something big to look out for soon is the third prototype of the LCH, which my sources tell me will be the defining shape and configuration of the final LCH. I'm told it will look significantly different in terms of dimensions too.

Livefist: FLASH! Light Combat Helicopter Sea-level Trials From Tomorrow

How would an expert rate LCH against TAI/AW T129 ? can anyone please provide comparative analysis based on technology used in both CH's

FLASH! Light Combat Helicopter Sea-level Trials From Tomorrow(June, 29th, 2012)

LCH%2BFlying-759542.JPG

India's Light Combat Helicopter (LCH) is all set to begin a week of sea-level trials early tomorrow morning at Tambaram, on the outskirts of Chennai. A prototype of the LCH landed at Tambaram today along with a Mi-8 chase helicopter from the Yelahanka air force station. The trials which could stretch to ten days will include generic performance and handling at sea-level (Bangalore is at 3,000 feet above sea level), calibration of the LCH's air speed measurement system and measurement of forces in terms of stress on various components of the platform.

Livefist wishes the test team the very best for the week ahead!

Incidentally -- something big to look out for soon is the third prototype of the LCH, which my sources tell me will be the defining shape and configuration of the final LCH. I'm told it will look significantly different in terms of dimensions too.

Livefist: FLASH! Light Combat Helicopter Sea-level Trials From Tomorrow

:super: = LCH

I remember an LCH pilot in some interview saying that during the Kargil War the Pakistani troops were stationed on hilltops and none of their weapons were able reach them properly, thus the requirement for the LCH, which will be able to reach atop hilltops, fly in a high altitude and be extremely maneuverable.
That is the reason why it has a better service ceiling than the other comparative helicopters.
:triniti:

Both are Indian so we will leave that offender for one, what say ;)

Its develop by HAL and not DRDO, But DRDO may also have a hand in the development so I guess its fine.

I got chance to meet some HAL officials, They were very Angry the DRDO handled LCA project. The HAL wants to go alone for further projects.

I assume Major part of AMCA project will be under HAL control now. HAL wants DRDO to work for only subsystem.

Back
Top Bottom