What's new

H2 And H4 are AAM Or AGM?

Show me an IR guided air-to-air missile with a range of 60 km?
I read somewhere that one of the R-77's version was IR guided.
Sorry guys. Cannot release the image. However, check out the "R Darter" and its Pakistani copy on the right. Missile is an all aspect BVRAAM has already been inducted in PAF.
How can you be sure that the second image is of the Pakistan R-Darter?
So what is the verdict? H-2/H-4 a BVRAAM or PGM?

well I can say for sure that Pakistan hasn't got the technology to domestically produce Seekers however it may be able to modify or optimise the existing seeker technology. When talking about solid state electronics Pakistan is way way too behind__SADLY!!

I read somewhere that one of the R-77's version was IR guided.

How can you be sure that the second image is of the Pakistan R-Darter?
So what is the verdict? H-2/H-4 a BVRAAM or PGM?

Well! I took pictures. For your information.

I will disclose the name that Pakistan has given it. It is named "Crescent Arrow"

Pakistan has acquired several members of the Denel Darter family with TOT. These may include the "Raptors as well. They are not only being tweaked to Pak specification but inducted into PAF. They include both BVRAAM and PGMs. So go figure.

PAF does not want the full information out at this time but will disclose when appropriate. They agreed for this picture to be out but will not provide full details now beside its name.

When, few years ago, I disclosed for the first time on Pakdef that Navy was going for U-214, many did not believe me at that time as well. So nothing new now as well. I cannot help the skeptics or rather care whether they believe it or not.

Pakistan hasn't got the technology to domestically produce Seekers however it may be able to modify or optimise the existing seeker technology

How does that make sense? It seems contradictory, on one hand it does not have the know how, it is claimed, and on the other hand, it is claimed, that it does have know how to "modify" or "optimise" them. It does not seem to be a clearly thought out statement.

Last edited:
How does that make sense? It seems contradictory, on one hand it does not have the know how, it is claimed, and on the other hand, it is claimed, that it does have know how to "modify" or "optimise" them. It does to seem to be a clearly thought out statement.

Read his post again. Modifying an acquired technology with related know how is easier than developing a new one from scratch is far easier.

I thought I understood you to say earlier that the seeker was manufactured in Pakistan?

How does that make sense? It seems contradictory, on one hand it does not have the know how, it is claimed, and on the other hand, it is claimed, that it does have know how to "modify" or "optimise" them. It does to seem to be a clearly thought out statement.

Exactly! especialy keeping in mind that the Chinese have taken a long time to come up with and mature the SD-10 even though they had access to all the Russian R series AAM's for some time. And on the other Hand, we all know that DRDO has been trying to acheive any thing since time immemorial (also having access to Russian Missiles and Scientists). Yet their current status is clear to every one.

None the less .. i will have a good sleep tonight :cheers:

So i guess this clears out all this mystery, PAF does indeed possess a BVRAAM but the question is how advanced is it. Is it in the same league as AIM120C or even more advanced? Thank You very much for the information Shahim Sahab.

I thought I understood you to say earlier that the seeker was manufactured in Pakistan?

Exactly! especialy keeping in mind that the Chinese have taken a long time to come up with and mature the SD-10 even though they had access to all the Russian R series AAM's for some time. And on the other Hand, we all know that DRDO has been trying to acheive any thing since time immemorial (also having access to Russian Missiles and Scientists). Yet their current status is clear to every one.

None the less .. i will have a good sleep tonight :cheers:

I don't believe your read pshamim sahibs post accurately:

"Pakistan's copy has been modified extensively. It is more agile, improved manoeuvrability, an superior seeker and far more lethal.

and yes-seeker has been improved in Pakistan."

Not developed from scratch, but improved.

Since we do not have insight into the improvement process, we can't really say whether Denel or other 'non-Pakistani' consultants were involved in the improvement process.

I don't believe there are any contradictions in pshamim sahib's account so far.

So i guess this clears out all this mystery, PAF does indeed possess a BVRAAM but the question is how advanced is it. Is it in the same league as AIM120C or even more advanced?
We probably won't find out anytime soon, given that we only have one image and a name right now.

And all those times Musharraf said, 'the Indians know what we have, let them try ..', now I suppose we could speculate that there was some substance behind that bravado ....

One could also speculate that Operation Parakram may have been India's last opportunity to utilize overwhelming air superirority against Pakistan ... provided the US doesn't end up sharing the F-22/F35 or associated technology with India ...

Well! I took pictures. For your information.

I will disclose the name that Pakistan has given it. It is named "Crescent Arrow"

Pakistan has acquired several members of the Denel Darter family with TOT. These may include the "Raptors as well. They are not only being tweaked to Pak specification but inducted into PAF. They include both BVRAAM and PGMs. So go figure.

PAF does not want the full information out at this time but will disclose when appropriate. They agreed for this picture to be out but will not provide full details now beside its name.

When, few years ago, I disclosed for the first time on Pakdef that Navy was going for U-214, many did not believe me at that time as well. So nothing new now as well. I cannot help the skeptics or rather care whether they believe it or not.

Thanks again for bringing us this info sir, Crescent Arrow is a good name. If they have other members of the Darter family then they will almost certainly have U-darter too and perhaps A-darter when it finishes development.

Please forgive the skeptics sir, they clearly do not know of your history in the PAF and at General Dynamics/Lockheed Martin.

I also read the posts on PakDef where you talked about PAF's upgraded J-10 designation "FC-20" and everybody said "that doesn't make sense, that can't be right." So of course, some months later, you were proved to be right when COAS told the press about FC-20 :lol:

Thanks for the info Pshamim sir.FYI guys Pshamim is ex-PAF Pilot who also worked with Lockheed Martin/General Dynamics when we were acquiring F16's from them.

I have another question from Shamim Sir, if you kindly answer. Will Darter series "Pakistani copy" missiles also be integrated with JF-17s? If so, in what time frame? Why PAF then needs SD-10 or Mica as was speculated by some. Can you please do some comparative analysis among Darter series, SD-10 and Mica?

everything that been created is a copy of some things.
Even the US stealth bomber was a rip off from a Nazi X-plane and the Saturn V rocket was a stolen Idea from V-2 rockets.

Lets not forget also that it was Tipu sultan that started to use metal cased rockets as weapons. The Europeans came took the Idea and reversed engineered it
this is how Germany created the V2 rockets. Its is on that bases.
All in all we can say that America should owe its thanks to Muslim for the Moon landing and they call Muslims backward.

http://www.tipusultan.org/writ1.htm

Last edited:
I have another question from Shamim Sir, if you kindly answer. Will Darter series "Pakistani copy" missiles also be integrated with JF-17s? If so, in what time frame? Why PAF then needs SD-10 or Mica as was speculated by some. Can you please do some comparative analysis among Darter series, SD-10 and Mica?

I am not as energetic as you youngsters or my good old friend MuradK is with whom my friensdhip started on a sleepy night 45 years ago when we joined PAF and had our heads mowed by the Hajjam.

My health and vision problem not allow me to sit infront of a screen for long time-so writing a lenghty and exhaustive comparative analysis is out of question.

Regarding the SA origined PAF missiles, they hare already modified, tested and integrated . I am not aware of SD-10s or Mica been inducted yet. Whether they are being tested I do not know. PAF has tested several missiles and conducted missile separation tests in March, so we should be learning more about the details soon, about the identity and results for these missiles. Please remember that no Air Force is equipped with just one kind of missiles but several and they are used based on what the mission calls for. So, i am quite sure that Darters will be a part of JF-17 inventory.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom