What's new

Gunmen kill 16 in terrorist attacks near Quetta

foxbat

Reaction score
Country
India
DAWN.COM | Provinces | Gunmen attack bus, kill 10 near Quetta

QUETTA: Gunmen attacked a passenger bus and shot dead at least 10 people in insurgency-hit southwest Pakistan, officials said on Saturday.

The incident took place in Aab-e-Gum area, 75 kilometres southeast of Quetta, the capital of oil and gas rich Balochistan province, on Friday night.

“A group of 30-35 gunmen stopped the bus in Aab-e-Gum area, off-loaded passengers at gunpoint and shot dead 10 of them,” top provincial home department official Akbar Hussain Durrani told AFP.

He said the bus was travelling to Quetta from the eastern city of Lahore and all those killed in the attack were Punjabi-speaking people.

A senior local official in Aab-e-Gum area, Ismail Kurd, also confirmed the incident and casualties.

No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attack. – AFP

Killing of innocent people is BIG NO NO NO!!!

I hope Pakistan takes steps to control the rise of violence. May the souls of the dead rest in people :(

BLA need to get air strikes soon. 1,000 of theirs for 10 of ours.

These cowards are hiding among common people. You cant use air power.

But these bastard.s are now slowly being recognised by locals too.

These BLA terrorists have failed to gain public support hence you see they are cleansing other ethnicities in Balochistan

I just wish there was a way to draw the militants out and use precision bombing on them. They are a serious cancer to Pakistan but we are not using the military option properly. I think they can only be defeated through military might. Developing the province and getting the common person on Pakistan's side is not even an issue. So we should work on assassinating their brass and foot soldiers. Maybe drive a few innocent looking buses concealed with a team of special forces in their neighbourhood.

killing innocents is bad..any idea on who is funding and supporting them?

Back
Top Bottom