What's new

Gripen Offers Complete Technology Transfer In Bid To Win Indian Air Force MRCA Contra

Dude, what the reaction was for Agni III does not determine anything. Heck, tell me what was the reaction for Agni I, or II. Sanctions CAN be imposed, there CAN be curcumstances in which US and INdia have to part ways.

India is NOT indispensable, no country is indispensable. You are not getting it at all.

The US is not a reliable weapons supplier. If they want to so badly sell us airplanes then they should come with full ToT otherwise they'll be told to bugger off.

If there are precedents, I dont care. It's not India's problem.

I am not talking about indespensible or not. Its the capacity of India to make sure it is not despensible, it is a matter of choice, wether you want to be just a pawn or kingmaker, especially in our case.

The carrot and stick policy should be adopted to US, i am talking about role reversal. Why not India play with US rather US. They have more to gain from us from a strategic and idealistic point of view.

Everyone is talking about how the US will use us, I am more worried about India using US.

I am not talking about indespensible or not. Its the capacity of India to make sure it is not despensible, it is a matter of choice, wether you want to be just a pawn or kingmaker, especially in our case.

The carrot and stick policy should be adopted to US, i am talking about role reversal. Why not India play with US rather US. They have more to gain from us from a strategic and idealistic point of view.

Everyone is talking about how the US will use us, I am more worried about India using US.

The only way India can US is in tech knowhow and thats exactly where they can trap us too. Look at history. We were helped at critical stages by Russia and israel with arms and spares. Can you expect the same thing from US.

Im skeptical.

Jt development is Ok.

Its about knowing where the traps laden before-hand, taking pro-active steps at the same time engaging our fair weather friend. US-India alliance is of paramount importance, especially in this region. We have China, lets not forget that. I am not talking being about sanction prone, i am saying know it take remedial measures, but engage the US. Play their own game. Our People when it comes to diplomacy are no amateurs and we are NO Pakistan.

Well agreed. But lets discuss this wrt MRCA deal ok. How can we make sure we are not held hostage by US?

The US is not a reliable weapons supplier. If they want to so badly sell us airplanes then they should come with full ToT otherwise they'll be told to bugger off.

If there are precedents, I dont care. It's not India's problem.

Yes its not their problem either. You guys might be in you element but its something that US can live without. The moment you start thinking of yourselves as indespensible, you become dispensible.

Its about knowing where the traps laden before-hand, taking pro-active steps at the same time engaging our fair weather friend. US-India alliance is of paramount importance, especially in this region. We have China, lets not forget that. I am not talking being about sanction prone, i am saying know it take remedial measures, but engage the US. Play their own game. Our People when it comes to diplomacy are no amateurs and we are NO Pakistan.

True but you really trust the babus of India to guide India through all these issues unscathed, unexposed to risk??

we are NO Pakistan.

I am sure that is very reassuring...one advice, never say no or never...you may find yourselves in the exact same situation as Pakistan.

Sorry for using Pakistan as an example in all earnest, \but Pakistan is the best example for politicians allowing an external power to compeletly infiliterate very nook and corner of the country.

Sorry for using Pakistan as an example in all earnest, \but Pakistan is the best example for politicians allowing an external power to compeletly infiliterate very nook and corner of the country.

Yes and in the past I have mentioned that it had a lot to do with external factors which remained out of Pakistan's control...no reason to believe that they same cannot happen to India.

Yes and in the past I have mentioned that it had a lot to do with external factors which remained out of Pakistan's control...no reason to believe that they same cannot happen to India.

Sorry it has to do with Pakistani dictators and their quest for unlimited power and unquestioned global recognition of their illegal acts

India doesnt have the history, And soviet union tried its best...never happened. Lets not hope, rather talk about what has happened in history, what makes you think Indian decision makers wont take lessons from Pakistani experience.

Sorry it has to do with Pakistani dictators and their quest for unlimited power and unquestioned global recognition of their illegal acts

India doesnt have the history, And soviet union tried its best...never happened. Lets not hope, rather talk about what has happened in history, what makes you think Indian decision makers wont take lessons from Pakistani experience.

Well if they were taking lessons, they would not be rushing headlong into the American embrace.
Pretty much all of India is going gaga over the pat on the back that you have been receiving from the US.

Pakistani leaders embraced the US because most of the prevailing bi-polar politics. NAM was not a realistic option for Pakistan becasue nobody was able to help out Pakistan in its face off with India. Maybe going with USSR like the rest of the arab world was an option, however Pakistani leaders correctly chose the path of opening up to the West. Most of USSR's partners have done the same since the 80s including India.

Being the smaller of two parties in a dispute, you want bigger friends to avoid getting bullied. This was the reason that Pakistan had to wheel and deal with the Americans. You guys did the exact same when pushed by China in Aksai Chin in 62...you guys ran into the Western camps asking for military aid and then were weaned back by Soviet largess...For Pakistan, we needed them more than they needed us...lets see how you guys fare...talk is cheap, next decade will lay out the reality in terms of who demands and who obliges in terms of US-India relations.

I can say this with surety, the next decade will mean that we are a major economic power, one that cannot be ignored or sidetracked.

I can say this with surety, the next decade will mean that we are a major economic power, one that cannot be ignored or sidetracked.

Agreed but a major economic power in a very turbulent area. All it takes is one conflict of significance which can result in realignment and re-ordering of priorities.

Turbulent area has been a constant since India's freedom. Today, almost all the states surrounding India have no democracy, in most cases dictatorship, what will be different in a decade, apart from the fact that India will increasingly command more and more influence.

Back
Top Bottom