What's new

Gripen Offers Complete Technology Transfer In Bid To Win Indian Air Force MRCA Contra

Super Hornet HAS The best bang for the BUCK.

Tomorrow if India decided to sign a pact with China indirectly aimed at countering US overtures in Asia, wud US supply us with parts for hornets?

Tomorrow if India decided to sign a pact with China indirectly aimed at countering US overtures in Asia, wud US supply us with parts for hornets?

you cant live like that can you, nothing is 100%.....we arent signing anything with china

you cant live like that can you, nothing is 100%.....we arent signing anything with china

We will be severly hit incase of a US embargo unlike a russian embargo. With Russia we still can manage somehow not from uncle sam. And thats why i say get the frame from russia and then get it MKI-ed.

Thats why i am for inducting arjun with whatever flaws it has and evolve it as feedbacks keep pouring in.

I don't want India to buy F-18s if they're not transfering the entire production line to India including the engine and radar with full transfer of technology. Anything else is prone to sanctions.

The US is not a reliable weapons supplier.

I am not here to argue, and I do know that you have valid reasons for your views

But what makes you think the variables havent changed now, What makes you think US would do a Pakistan on us. We are not Pakistan nor do we have the same varibles as they. Chinese threat which threatens India, United States, South-East Asia and Australia. What makes you think US could cuff us. We are different, the times are different, the US is different now.

I no longer give a fcuk about which plane to buy, I'v wasted too many hours and days of my bloody time. Just please, let them buy something..!

I no longer give a fcuk about which plane to buy, I'v wasted too many hours and days of my bloody time. Just please, let them buy something..!

You're acting like a man who's married for ten years and has to go shopping with his lovely wife....lol :lol:
PS....don't forget to mow the lane. :rofl:

What makes you think US could cuff us. We are different, the times are different, the US is different now.

You have got it completely wrong Adux. Sure, circumstances have changed, we have the money, we have some weight, but other things are same. US is the same, they are not loyal to anyone, they look out for their own interests, and they can and will ditch any nation and that includes India, when it comes to the crossroads or if it is convenient at that time.

Make no mistake, if you think that India is a pillar of loyalty and help. India is just the same as the United States. India will look after her own interests first and foremost, if that means, whether tomorrow, we have to take a U turn with Myanmar or Nepal or any other country, in lieu for some strategic gains that India deems most important. I assure you at that point , India will not hesitate,for a second.then it will be people in those countries who would say that India is not a reliable country, etc, etc.

The United State's and India's love fest is only because at the present moment both of us broadly have very similar objectives and aims for the future. Please dont bother to confuse yourself and think that this is the long subdued love that is emerging between the two countries. India will in due time, be the third biggest or fourth biggest economy in the globe, make no mistake, an economy like that brings significant military power to the table. India will be the regional behemoth, it is only natural for the US to try and cultivate India as an ally now, that is in THEIR interest. They would most definitely have India with them, rather than against them.

At this point, Russia would like no better than to have India completely in an alliance with China against the US, while the US would like nothing more than having India in an alliance against China. We are in a precarious yet lucrative position.

For India, US is currently a quick road to gain military superiority and strategic parity and influence with China, among other reasons, so that is in our interest. It increases our clout and diplomatic influence with the rest of the world to have the US recognize India's abilities. Case in point being US wishes to eventually let IN handle all the SLOC's in Indian Ocean, ineffect a tacit acknowledgement of India's capabilities, not over them, but sufficient for the region. This certainly makes it easier for India to conduct its foreign policy with an upper hand in the region, conduct gun boat diplomacy, etc, etc.
Its very very lucrative to have US supporting you.

YET, Look at the U turn we did with Myanmar a while back. We were on the verge of cutting off relations with them at one point, but China taking the leap there made us change our ways. Who could have imagined at that time, we would be sending military equipment to Myanmar by truckloads? Or sell fighter planes at 'friendship prices' ?

Look at the big picture Adux, your missing a good chunk there.

You have mis-read me by a mile,

My question is this,
what makes you feel that we would take the bait and have the fall.
Even if we buy thier plane's, Indians would make sure they get everything!!!! I am not adovcating for the US, rather that our Strategic planners have grown wiser and better

You have mis-read me by a mile,

My question is this,
what makes you feel that we would take the bait and have the fall.
Even if we buy thier plane's, Indians would make sure they get everything!!!! I am not adovcating for the US, rather that our Strategic planners have grown wiser and better

We would still not be getting the ToT for the AESA radars from US, while we are getting that by every other manufacturer. There are things that US will just simply not give us mate. And during the period of sanctions or whatever, that will count and that will hurt the AF.

Malay,

You again missed the point, Who says that there will be sanctions, times have changed, we just need to understand how to play Ball.
What was the American reaction to Agni 3,
Diplomacy, Its our duty to show them that we are indespensible as well as independent, how we do it is the uestion

Malay,

You again missed the point, Who says that there will be sanctions, times have changed, we just need to understand how to play Ball.
What was the American reaction to Agni 3,
Diplomacy, Its our duty to show them that we are indespensible as well as independent, how we do it is the uestion

Adux,

I think you are making way too much of this US-India deal. Leave US aside, do you think that LM or Raytheon or any of the other key technology providers would allow US to export their cutting edge technology for a one time deal to a country like India?? Certain precedents have to be set for such deals. Assembly is one thing, manufacturing on ToT is another.

If delays (akin to sanctions) can be applied to Israel then I am not sure why you are on such a high-horse? Until a few moths ago, UK was giving thought to opting out of Lightening II program because US based companies did not want to part with sensitive technology involved in the F-35 program and here we are talking about UK.

I am sure you must have heard of the adage, "in politics there are no permanent friends, only interests" so India is in no way immune to US sanctions. Why would US have a reaction to Agni 3?? India already has a BM program and you have tested nuclear weapons, the delivery is of lesser concern to the US than other issues where leverage (such as key technology transfers) would come in very handy. In case of a conflict in the region involving India, you can bet your rear that US leverage would be at work.

I am not sure if you have read much of Stephen Cohen's works, but he succintly makes the point that whereas in Pakistan, US has leverage at multiple levels, this is not the case with India (this was his observation in the 80s). Now you have contacts at multiple levels, things are being bought, investment being brought in (in reverse you pretty much have the Indian outsourcing but that is it), so lets not assume that US will NOT use these things if they needed to. Now I do not foresee the threat of sanctions lingering over India (but for that matter I do not see it over Pakistan either), however the possibility of it happening against India has not been negated (in any which way you look at it, the guarantee is not even close to being fool-proof).

Back
Top Bottom