What's new

Greatest Persians in history

No that's not it. But your behaviour and thought process is not very far from that of the followers of the Arab religion. When fanatically adopt whatever point of view you believe to be the opposite of the followers of the Arab religion, you actually become more like them.

The one thing I don't like about our culture is our live and let live attitude when it comes to matters such as this. That's why arabs and turks were able to walk all over us in the past. That's why the mullahs are walking all over the Iranian people.

Cyrus the Great was a fanatic too. I'm a proud Iranian fanatic and I have no reason to hide it.

I think revival of old Persia will be in Pakistan's favor :D Provided you successfully pull it, what would be your stance on:

1- Relationship with Islamic world.
2- Nuclear status of Iran
3- Expansion, Reunification of old Persia

2 - I don't think Persian peeps are interested in nukes.
3 - No Thanks, not in our interest.

Herodotus works are pretty much accurate about Persian and Iranian history. His claims about Cyrus, Persian tribes and for instance Scythians, have proved to be quite accurate.

And the source you provide, isn't contradicting my claim. They only provide 'a possibility'.

I guess it could be a case of potato-tomato. After all, 'Persians' and "Encampment of the Persians' carry exactly the same significance in all languages I'm aware of.

As for Herodotus's claims, please be sure to inform the leading philologist and archaeologists of your feelings on this matter. Because they seem to be under the misguided assumption that Pasargadae was the name of the city and not the tribe.

Two non muslim iranians here are trying to represent a very wrong image of iran.

Iran has the lowest mosque attendance of any Islamic nation. The evidence is punching you in the face.

Yet according to surveys by Iran's own ministry of culture and guidance, fewer than 1.4% of the population actually bothers to attend Friday prayers.

Iranian clergy have complained that more than 70% of the population do not perform their daily prayers and that less than 2% attend Friday mosques.

The one thing I don't like about our culture is our live and let live attitude when it comes to matters such as this. That's why arabs and turks were able to walk all over us in the past. That's why the mullahs are walking all over the Iranian people.

Cyrus the Great was a fanatic too. I'm a proud Iranian fanatic and I have no reason to hide it.

Be a fanatic then! Just don't get upset when I compare you to your brothers in fanaticism like Khomeini and the pasdar/basijis beating up on innocent people who don't share their views.

And that lack of fanaticism and openness to the world is the reason why our culture and nation has survived up to this point in history. Otherewise, we would have been gone a long, long time ago.

Whenever we allowed dogmatism, fanaticism and pride to take the place of reason and rationality, is when we became weaker and fell pray to outside forces. Examples abound. If Sassanians had not brutally crushed the organic offshoots of Zoroastrianism to freely develop and had not stifled the evolution of the religion, Zoroastrianism would have never fallen by decapitating it from the top and the lay Iranians would have never looked at Islam as an alternative.

As for me, I will continue to work and wish for the day when the follower of the Arab religion and the followers of no religion like me, will be able to coexist and have our rights equally protected under the law, and more importantly within the society at large.

Iran has the lowest mosque attendance of any Islamic nation. The evidence is punching you in the face.

Yet according to surveys by Iran's own ministry of culture and guidance, fewer than 1.4% of the population actually bothers to attend Friday prayers.

Iranian clergy have complained that more than 70% of the population do not perform their daily prayers and that less than 2% attend Friday mosques.

It is not necessary to offer prayers in mosque.

You can pray at home.

so they went to every single iranian and surveyed whether they go to mosque or not?
oh by the way uk source? hehe

so they went to every single iranian and surveyed whether they go to mosque or not?
oh by the way uk source? hehe

The source is Iran's own ministry of culture and guidance

In Iran you can stay for a month and not hear Azan in the streets b/c nobody bothers going to a mosque anyway. Even Rick Steves noted this:

And yet, here in the Islamic Republic of Iran, the atmosphere seemed surprisingly secular compared to other Islamic countries. Skylines are not punctuated with minarets, I barely heard a call to prayer.

min 11:27

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you talking about? Do you even know anything about our great history?
These Turks are notorious for going around and stealing things from other nations as theirs. some of them even claim scythians, Elam and Summerians were Turkish. Just ask the greeks about how much things Turks have stolen from them.

There are no such thing as Iranian Turks. Iran means exactly the same thing as Persian. Persians have been calling themselves Iranians and their country Iran "Eran" for thousands of years. Do you even know what a "Turk" is? Turks were originally a Mongolian tribe whom migrated to Middle east.

All Iranic people such as Azeri (I am from Ardabil) , Kurds and Lurs and so can all be considered Persian.
but in Iran we call ourselves Iranian , The greeks called us Persian so now the west knows us as Persians.
All people in Iran are Iranic by blood except the immigrants such as afghans,Arabs and Turks.
Only difference is we might speak another language but we are all Iranic. so please do not create words like "Iranian Turk".

Iranian Turk ? The word means the Turks living in Iran . I did say that all were Iranians or Persians but you can't deny that Iran has several tribes not just 1 special one . and all are counted as Persians no matter they are from a Turk dynasty or ... . They are counted as Iranians and that's the point .

For me it is the famous Parthian dude called surenes. He kicked the Roman legions led by Cracus, the very senator who had put down the sparticus rebillion

Exactly.

But lets be honest. We have to thank those mullahs for destroying Islam in Iran. Nobody could have done a better job.

What if Umar in Khattabs army fought against Surenas Light cavalry of Parthians? How do you think the outcome the battle would be.

We were forced by the sword. Period.

And why we didn't converted back? Simply because of a lack of historical awareness. Unlike then, most Iranians now do know about their great pre-Islamic history, and Iran has become less religious by the day.

Although I agree with Surenas in some ways . And I have a great respect for our history but have you Surenas read the history of last Persian empires while Muslims attacked ?

You need to know that neither Arabs nor Roman forces and other nations had been able to beat Iranians before that cos Iranians always fought till their last breath but when Muslims attacked you can't see the previous resistance from Persians cos the last Persian empires had brought poverty , injustice , Class differences in society and even had forgotten their divine religion . Arabs had attacked Iran many times but they were always beaten by Persians but after Islam it changed and people didn't support their empire however the Iranian army and their commander Rostam fought bravely and died manly .

I do agree that the way Islam came to Iran wasn't peacful and again have read the Arabs' atrocities , They killed thousands of Iranians , used Iranian women and girls as slave or an article for selling which came from their Ignorance and Brutality .

But we first need to know who brought Islam to Iran . The prophet ? whose life and manners does not need to be explained .

Imam Ali ? or other Muslim Caliphs who even didn't Pity to their prophet and his family and just used Islam for their power and wealth .

I just suggest you to read the history about the relation between shia Imams and Iranians , Then you get why Iranians always supported their Imams in the history of Islam .

like nader shah and shah ismail

he was from kayi clan like me :) am i iranian lol :)

Hey man . If you wanna count him as a Turk not Iranian cos his ancestors were Turks a century before he was born , In this case Iranians and Italian guys should cut the world in 2 halves and say half of the world are originally Persian and the other half are Roman cos they belonged to one of these countries or I dunno nations 4000 years ago . right ?

This man was born In Iran even his father was born in Iran and they'd been living in Iran for a century , and they fought for Iran . then you call him a Turk or if I wanna make it clearer you call him a person in Turkey's history which is kinda denied to say by you ?

Distorting the history bring you nothing . by putting Jalaledin or Rumi in your history you can't reach anything cos the world and the historians call them Iranians .

Ahh the good old days! All right guys, now back to reality.

Say hello to Mr. Ahmedinajad.

Back
Top Bottom