What's new

Greatest Persians in history

Ḥashshāshīn;3735163 said:
300-movie-image-rodrigo-santoro.jpg

This movie was insult to Iran and our history. Xexses was bearded and dressed in same manner as his grandfather cyrus.
You name suggest you're Iranian so you should know at least a little about Iranian history before posting such a nonsense.

I left my first post hope thats ok, the other 2 edited.

Yes, Thank you pal :)

My hero and name, Surena:

The Battle of Carrhae, fought in 53 BC near the town of Carrhae, was an important battle between the Parthian Empire and the Roman Republic. The Parthian Spahbod Surena decisively defeated a Roman invasion force led by Marcus Licinius Crassus. It was the first of the battles between the Roman and Persian empires, and one of the most crushing defeats in Roman history.
SurenaImage.jpg

Ḥashshāshīn;3735180 said:
I posted to get an opinion of what people think of him. Of course I know the movie was made as an insult to the Persians.

You could had posted a more appropriate picture. like this one on the right:

1xerxesespe6.png

The record of Cyrus the Great has not been beaten even until today.

Even Ancient China at the height of our power has never had as much influence as the First Iranian/Persian Empire under Cyrus the Great.

The only country that has had comparable influence is probably the USA from 1990-2010.

Interestingly, Cyrus the Great also freed the Jews from enslavement under the Babylonians. Which is interesting to note in the context of today's tensions in the Middle East.

Ḥashshāshīn;3735195 said:
No, I wanted to get an opinion on the MOVIE, not the actual Xerxes.

If you have seen the movie you know how badly it depicted Persians, how do you think they feel about it??

Ḥashshāshīn;3735195 said:
No, I wanted to get an opinion on the MOVIE, not the actual Xerxes.

Stop attempting to troll, shame on you for using a Iranian figure as your name and then coming here to troll a Persian history section. You already said you wanted an opinion of "him" and now it's the movie.
What do you think we are going to think of a propaganda film? love it?

If you have seen the movie you know how badly it depicted Persians, how do you think they feel about it??

Just leave him now. He is just a troll.

Stop attempting to troll, shame on you for using a Iranian figure as your name and then coming here to troll a Persian history section. You already said you wanted an opinion of "him" and now it's the movie.
What do you think we are going to think of a propaganda film? love it?
ok bro, I wasn't trolling but if you think that, i will edit out all my posts

The record of Cyrus the Great has not been beaten even until today.

Even Ancient China at the height of our power has never had as much influence as the First Iranian/Persian Empire under Cyrus the Great.

The only country that has had comparable influence is probably the USA from 1990-2010.

Interestingly, Cyrus the Great also freed the Jews from enslavement under the Babylonians. Which is interesting to note in the context of today's tensions in the Middle East.

My dear friend. He did not free them because they were jews. he freed them because they were captured and taken away from their lands. If Cyrus was alive today, he would more likely free the PALESTINIANS from the jews.

Yes :( Persians have proven time and time again what are capable of. but now our country is run by bunch of backward apes.
These Mullas cannot control Iran for ever. It's time for the Persians to return again. we've been hibernating for too long.

Persian history is our pride , Identity and glory . but If you just look on our history in the last 200 years you'll find thousands of known and unknown people that can be placed in that list . No one remembers Mirza Kuchak khan who fought against Russians in the north and froze in Jungle, no one remembers Rais ali Devari who fought against British army in Bushaehr and again no one remembers Amir kabir ,Dr Shariati , Mosadeq , Kashani , Motahari and thousands of people who were killed in war with no claim . I don't think the value of a teenager who used his body to open minefields in Iran-Iraq war be less than Cyrus the Great , Darius the Great and other names written in that list .

I don't wanna ruin this nice thread by answering your idea about what you call mullah .

Regards .

My dear friend. He did not free them because they were jews. he freed them because they were captured and taken away from their lands. If Cyrus was alive today, he would more likely free the PALESTINIANS from the jews.

Why would Cyrus give lands to Arabs, while he supported the return of the Jews to their ancestral homeland called Israel? That's contradicted to each other. The Israelites were inhabiting that area long before the Arabs left their deserts. No Persian king would ever support Arabs.

Back
Top Bottom