What's new

Govt ready for unconditional, meaningful dialogue with PTI: Ishaq Dar!

If true then truly commendable. However, i'd request you for a source for your claim.
Google Bloomberg news about Pakistani leaders visiting China, as it tell that NS went to chins in Nov, 2014 and signed deals for all,aspects including power etc.

dude it seems no matter how much i will try to convice you, you will just stick to the fact that our Army killed and killed and killed well then i cannot convince a person who lives abroad and is giving his views on a country's institution which he has neither seen nor clearly read about aside from a few wiki searches
DUDE, my Nana was a 16th grade military officer and worked as an auditor when Dhaka fell to Bengali-Indian hands. He was among those 90,000 West Pakistanis POW that were later released by India and Bangladesh. Get real!

DUDE, my Nana was a 16th grade military officer and worked as an auditor when Dhaka fell to Bengali-Indian hands. He was among those 90,000 West Pakistanis POW that were later released by India and Bangladesh. Get real!

Mukti Bahni should have killed your nana. One less youthia for us.

They are not. People who can kill citizens instead of opening investigation into polls are guilty to their throat.There is simply no other solution than to have early elections under caretaker govt. Military on the other hand is losing patience as they have a limit to how much people can be allowed to get murdered by Nawaz Sharif.
what is the guarantee that these mid term elections will not be rigged

LAHORE: Finance Minister Ishaq Dar on Wednesday announced that the government was ready to resume meaningful dialogue with Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) unconditionally over the latter’s longstanding demand of conducting an independent inquiry of the general elections of 2013.

While addressing a press briefing at 90 Shahrah-e-Quaid-e-Azam in Lahore, Dar said that the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leadership, including Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, had given him a go-ahead to resume talks with PTI.

“We are putting no condition on resuming dialogue with PTI, but we expect that being patriotic Pakistanis they [PTI] cancel their plan to close Karachi on Friday. Dialogue will continue but closure of county’s major cities shouldn’t happen,” Dar said.

“Without compromising on principles, negotiations should be conducted within the framework of the Constitution.”

The finance minister, while welcoming PTI’s decision to resume talks, noted that there was no impediment in talks since Imran Khan had backed-off from the unconstitutional and illegal demand of PM stepping down or going on a month long leave. He added that the PTI had been told in the very first round of talks that the demand of PM’s resignation was non-negotiable.

Dar added that Minister for Planning and Development Ahsan Iqbal will accompany him during talks with PTI.

Clarifying that there was no precondition from the government to resuming talks, the finance minister ‘requested’ PTI chief Imran to call off his shut-down protests in Karachi and Lahore.

While reiterating that no unconstitutional or illegal demand should be made from either side, Dar said that it was the Judicial Commission’s prerogative to ask for help from anyone, whether they are intelligence officials or journalists.

“JC judges will be the judges of apex courts. They are pride of this country and whatever decision they will take will be acceptable to us,” he added.

Dar appreciated the efforts of Political Jirga spearheaded by Jamaat-e-Islami’s Sirajul Haq and Pakistan Peoples Party’s Rehman Malik, but said that it was PML-N’s initiative to restart unconditional dialogue with PTI.

“They [political jirga] did not play any role in this,” he said, adding that the government will take political parties into confidence on the dialogue.

“We had never ended the dialogue yet we are ready to start it. Many international organisations have said that the elections in 2013 were transparent and fair than the previous elections.”

Dar added that he was trying to contact the PTI leadership to resume talks as soon as possible.

Regarding the PTI chairman’s statement that his party will not come back to the assemblies if the commission says there was no rigging in the 2013 elections, Dar said PTI leader Shah Mehmood Qureshi had clarified that there was a misunderstanding.

“Shah Mehmood has given me a clarification that Imran has been misquoted and there has been a misunderstanding,” he said.

He added that as far as electoral reforms were concerned, a parliamentary committee was already working on it.
Govt ready for unconditional, meaningful dialogue with PTI: Ishaq Dar – The Express Tribune

OK, my flight was delayed at the airport so I GOT to share this important update with my fellow PDF members :). I guess now there won't be any Lahore or Karachi 'lockdown' by IK, thank God, while I am in Pakistan :D PLAN C WORKED AS EXPECTED. NO NEED FOR MORE PLANS :)

PTI, please don't be taken in by this nonsense! Don't be distracted by rambling about 'talks'!
Your fair demand is not for resumption of talks!
Your demand is for setting up judicial commission under which is a joint investigation team which you agreed upon before!
The time for talks is over!
Lockdowns must go ahead until the government starts the judicial commission as agreed upon earlier.

Read Sarmila Bose's "Dead Reckoning", which shows how the accusations against the Pakistan Army in Bangladesh have been exaggerated.
She is an Indian Bengali researcher by the way.

LAHORE: Finance Minister Ishaq Dar on Wednesday announced that the government was ready to resume meaningful dialogue with Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) unconditionally over the latter’s longstanding demand of conducting an independent inquiry of the general elections of 2013.

While addressing a press briefing at 90 Shahrah-e-Quaid-e-Azam in Lahore, Dar said that the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leadership, including Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, had given him a go-ahead to resume talks with PTI.

“We are putting no condition on resuming dialogue with PTI, but we expect that being patriotic Pakistanis they [PTI] cancel their plan to close Karachi on Friday. Dialogue will continue but closure of county’s major cities shouldn’t happen,” Dar said.

“Without compromising on principles, negotiations should be conducted within the framework of the Constitution.”

The finance minister, while welcoming PTI’s decision to resume talks, noted that there was no impediment in talks since Imran Khan had backed-off from the unconstitutional and illegal demand of PM stepping down or going on a month long leave. He added that the PTI had been told in the very first round of talks that the demand of PM’s resignation was non-negotiable.

Dar added that Minister for Planning and Development Ahsan Iqbal will accompany him during talks with PTI.

Clarifying that there was no precondition from the government to resuming talks, the finance minister ‘requested’ PTI chief Imran to call off his shut-down protests in Karachi and Lahore.

While reiterating that no unconstitutional or illegal demand should be made from either side, Dar said that it was the Judicial Commission’s prerogative to ask for help from anyone, whether they are intelligence officials or journalists.

“JC judges will be the judges of apex courts. They are pride of this country and whatever decision they will take will be acceptable to us,” he added.

Dar appreciated the efforts of Political Jirga spearheaded by Jamaat-e-Islami’s Sirajul Haq and Pakistan Peoples Party’s Rehman Malik, but said that it was PML-N’s initiative to restart unconditional dialogue with PTI.

“They [political jirga] did not play any role in this,” he said, adding that the government will take political parties into confidence on the dialogue.

“We had never ended the dialogue yet we are ready to start it. Many international organisations have said that the elections in 2013 were transparent and fair than the previous elections.”

Dar added that he was trying to contact the PTI leadership to resume talks as soon as possible.

Regarding the PTI chairman’s statement that his party will not come back to the assemblies if the commission says there was no rigging in the 2013 elections, Dar said PTI leader Shah Mehmood Qureshi had clarified that there was a misunderstanding.

“Shah Mehmood has given me a clarification that Imran has been misquoted and there has been a misunderstanding,” he said.

He added that as far as electoral reforms were concerned, a parliamentary committee was already working on it.
Govt ready for unconditional, meaningful dialogue with PTI: Ishaq Dar – The Express Tribune

OK, my flight was delayed at the airport so I GOT to share this important update with my fellow PDF members :). I guess now there won't be any Lahore or Karachi 'lockdown' by IK, thank God, while I am in Pakistan :D PLAN C WORKED AS EXPECTED. NO NEED FOR MORE PLANS :)

@A.Rafay @Ahmad1996 @airmarshal @Akheilos @Armstrong @arushbhai @AstanoshKhan @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @balixd @batmannow @Bilal. @chauvunist @Crypto @Dr. Stranglove @Evil Flare @EyanKhan @Fahad Khan 2 @GIANTsasquatch @graphican @Green Arrow @Guleen Ahmed @HRK @Jazzbot @Junaid B @Jzaib @Khalidr @khawaja07 @Leader @Luftwaffe @Marshmallow @mr42O @Muhammad Omar @nomi007 @Pak123 @Pakistani shaheens @Pakistanisage @Peaceful Civilian @pkuser2k12 @Pukhtoon @PWFI @raazh @Rafael @Rashid Mahmood @RescueRanger @Saifkhan12 @Sedqal @SHAMK9 @Spy Master @Stealth @Strike X @SUPARCO @sur @syedali73 @Tameem @Tayyab1796 @Zarvan @waleed3601 @AdeelFaheem @Rajput_Pakistani @Men in Green @orakzai4u @IceCold @LoveIcon @razahassan1997 @Cheetah786 @Dil Pakistan @asq @junaid hamza @Pukhtoon @jamahir @Strigon @Rafi @Ulla @HughSlaman @420canada @sathya @slapshot @raza_888 @TankMan
@SBD-3 @cb4 @AsianUnion @Aether @Proudpakistaniguy @WishLivePak @Waffen SS @FaujHistorian @Fracker @Ranches @ghoul @Jf Thunder @GreenFalcon @genmirajborgza786 @orangzaib @Pakistani Exile @KURUMAYA @Irfan Baloch @ali_raza @Syed.Ali.Haider @dexter @Patriots @muslim_pakistani @W.11 @Meengla @zaid butt @ajpirzada @Shoaib Rathore @OrionHunter @CHARGER @Major Sam @yesboss @TheFlyingPretzel @TheNoob @Bratva @ghazaliy2k @Viny @StormShadow @suresh1773 @SOHEIL @venu309 @danish_vij @Force-India @faisal6309 @SpArK @S.U.R.B. @vsdave2302 @jarves @WAJsal @pursuit of happiness @Winchester @janon @pak-marine @AgNoStiC MuSliM @Donatello

Lahore will be closed on the said date.. this is just pmln drama..

Took them a while ...Wonder what they have cooking up their sleeves :unsure:

yar its all BS, you know that.. one day they say dialogue, next day they say no. had they been any serious about it they would have never let things go this far !

Protests should not stop until the government forms the judicial commission according to the terms previously agreed (i.e. with a JIT which has a representative of ISI and MI etc.).

Government will try to do everything they can to weasel out of this...

Protests should not stop until the government forms the judicial commission according to the terms previously agreed (i.e. with a JIT which has a representative of ISI and MI etc.).

Government will try to do everything they can to weasel out of this...

and also even if they do, phir bhi Lahore band karo BC aik din kay liye :D

what is the point of that?? all opposition groups and the people know that the pml-n government shouldn't stay in goverment... so they should call for replacing the government with one comprising all ( non-jamaat ) groups, especially pti, pml-q and young promising people like fatima bhutto ( she is different from benazir, as i see it ).

any call for recount for 2013 is a wasted effort.

Actually almost all opposition parties do say there's been tempering with elections/votes but almost all do say that at this point govt. should stay in power else something bad may happen like marshal law etc.

Bhutto party just left last term, they cant get re-elected again just yet by law nor people have the patience to see their faces after how PPP left us in terrible conditions.

Just a tactic to spread positive outlook, behind the scenes they will never negotiate.

but almost all do say that at this point govt. should stay in power else something bad may happen like marshal law etc.

so all these protests against the government, with harassments and one person being killed, is just to keep the government in power so as to keep marshal law out??

then they are not thinking clearly... but there is musharraf, a former army man who will have support of the army... i still am not clear on the position of his party, pml-q, on these protests.

Bhutto party just left last term, they cant get re-elected again just yet by law nor people have the patience to see their faces after how PPP left us in terrible conditions.

isn't fatima bhutto independent of ppp??

Back
Top Bottom