What's new

Govt develops cold feet over General No.1

Wrong.. It is an untold truth. Bureaucracy is simply the veil behind which they hide.

In the military we have a clause that in case of national emergencies such as war or large scale disasters, the defence heads have full power to say no to the central government if their activities hamper speedy solution to the aforesaid problem.

What do you make of that?

That provision has never been removed due to unforeseen reasons as Manekshaw used it very well to not let MOD ruin the pace of war in 71 and briskly follow what Indira commanded. So much so that Indira was worried at the pace and brilliance with which Manekshaw executed each plan.

In fact, she was so scared that she once asked him whether he would take over the government after he had won the war and become popular in India. The general simply said that if she doesn't interfere in his work, he won't interfere in hers.

The civilian regime especially that of Congress is morbidly scared of a loss of power from the Gandhi dynasty and everyone knows that.

Agar kuchh bina kamae muft mein miley to use khone ka dar aur bhi hota hai.. especially when it is a huge country in your hands full of ignorant, individualistic and self-discriminating people.

Don't propagate conspiracy theories brother , it is not pakistan or bangaladesh defence section and congress & bjp both are two sides of one coin. Both foreign policy, defence policy , economic policy etc are same which is very good but some bad also.
You does not answer my question give any deal or project which has not delay except increasing salary of lawmakers bill.

Don't propagate conspiracy theories brother , it is not pakistan or bangaladesh defence section and congress & bjp both are two sides of one coin. Both foreign policy, defence policy , economic policy etc are same which is very good but some bad also.

Nope. Both are not the 2 sides of a coin. This is something apologists see it.

I am not saying BJP is the best but it is way better than what we have. At least they took a war head on. What did UPA do? It went and begged Pakistan to stop terrorism after 170 innocent countrymen died.

That's the difference.

You does not answer my question give any deal or project which has not delay except increasing salary of lawmakers bill.

Because the system is corrupt as a whole. That's why the delays happen.

The archaic structure we have of a thousand approvals before something is cleared has to go.

I have read many times that once Indira Gandhi on suspicion asked Manekshaw whether he was planning a coup to which he simply pointed his finger to his abnormally large nose and said I don't use it to poke in other peoples matters :lol: he had a great sense of humour

I wish he did rule India. He had great integrity and a commitment to India. A true gem. sadly, we have not seen the like of such since then.....whenever we do, they are marginalized and never allowed to get in to govt

Back
Top Bottom