P15 Delhi Class Destroyer:

INS Delhi
INS Mysore
INS Mumbai

P15A Kolkata Class Destroyer:

INS Kolkata
INS Kochi
INS Chennai

If you observe, First and Last Destroyer of every Class are behind Metros and the Middle one is a Second Tier Southern City.

Assuming the Same Trend Continues, P15B Class will have First and Last Class Mostly of Important Cities which are Unused like Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune.

And the Middle Two will Mostly be Second Tier Northern Cities. Off course, This is only a Possibility.

Give your Naming for P15B and Why?

Let me Start Off:

Bangalore Class Destroyers

INS Bangalore
INS Imphal (Need one North Eastern City)
INS Jaipur
INS Patna

My Names would be -

INS Batalik
INS Vikram Batra
INS Dil Mange More
INS Ajay Ahuja

INS Ashoka
INS Harshavadana
INS Hyder Ali
INS RajaRaja Chola :)

I really want a carrier named after Rajendra Chola as he was the only indian emperor who used his navy to invade terrirories outside indian sub continent :)

Come on admit it, you want one named after your nick!

Actually they try to keep the naming politically neutral. I'm not saying Rajaraja Chola is not, but they have so far not named any after historical figures (they have used mythological figures for OPVs)

I have one thought, many of our friendly countries are landlocked and do not have navies. Why not name some of our new ships after their capitals as a token of friendship - like INS Kathmandu, INS Kabul, INS Thimpu etc?

This would be in line with Navies efforts to build relationships and friendship with other countries.

Come on admit it, you want one named after your nick!

Actually they try to keep the naming politically neutral. I'm not saying Rajaraja Chola is not, but they have so far not named any after historical figures (they have used mythological figures for OPVs)

I have one thought, many of our friendly countries are landlocked and do not have navies. Why not name some of our new ships after their capitals as a token of friendship - like INS Kathmandu, INS Kabul, INS Thimpu etc?

This would be in line with Navies efforts to build relationships and friendship with other countries.

Ya i agree..
But i also think the ships should be named after something agressive .. just a psychological fear or something..
U see the name INS Chennai or any other city name is very lame compared to INS Arihant or Vikramaditya... It should have something grandeour, something more powerfull name... I duno how to explain it more...
Just get my point....

Bhai mujhe ijazaat hai !

INS Tilak
INS Bhagat Singh
INS Gokhale
INS Annie Besant

Why ? Because I like them ! And I wonder if they get their deserved recognition when compared with Nehru, Gandhi and the other latter stalwarts of the Indian National Congress !

P.S Bhai eik opinion thaaa...koi dandaa dundaaa na maarnaa mujhe ! :)

Bhai mujhe ijazaat hai !

INS Tilak
INS Bhagat Singh
INS Gokhale
INS Annie Besant

Why ? Because I like them ! And I wonder if they get their deserved recognition when compared with Nehru, Gandhi and the other latter stalwarts of the Indian National Congress !

P.S Bhai eik opinion thaaa...koi dandaa dundaaa na maarnaa mujhe ! :)

You do have a point though..

offtopic : INC was equally responsible for the partition because of their high handedness of the Hindu-Muslim Issue.. :rolleyes:

so P15Bs are going to be called Bangalore class??
If its true, the first one will be named after Bangalore, thats for sure.
we really need one named after a NE town

No the P-15Bs will still be in the Kolkata class just updated versions of exisitng destroyers (P-15A).

How about some Punjabi?

INS AMRITSAR?
INS CHANDIGARGH?

Bhaiyyo koi bhi naam rakho bas INS Lucknow class mat rakhna, verna dushman k samne aane par Lucknowvva nawabi tehzeeb k chalte bum chalane me agar vo INS Delhi aur kolkata class ki ships se pahle aap pahle aap karne lagi to hamare bum chalane se pahle INS Lucknow class dushman se bum kha k doob jayegi!!:lol:

Back
Top Bottom