What's new

Give Pervez Musharraf Support

" I am setting up a fund who's constitution is being written".. Perveiz Musharaf in the video interview above.

How many of you believe he as ability to abide by the written rules and constitutions? Wasn't this the same guy who was court-martial for breaching Military Laws in Army and and who broke Constitution of Pakistan twice? Is everybody an electray-ray fish in Pakistan who's memory is 15 seconds long? I guess NOT! We remember all the "good" you brought for this country and the way you followed constitutions.

NO Musharaf - The guy is Andhon me Kana Raja. I am not disappointed as I hope and want a person who has 2 eyes and a functional brain. Musharaf tum se door hi bhale hum. Thank you for your services, your name has been written in the history of Pakistan for many "good" reasons already.

well i dont think ur r rite at all buddy in the times of musharaf there was no inflation at least not of this type and belive me or not he was the man of guts he told off even the american when other polititions workshipped it military ecnomically i have seen his performance when 2005 earthquake was due and i am seeing the politicians performance in floods the decision of the lal masjid was correct even if the method of handling was wrong

The proof of Musharraf's cowardness is his allowing USA to use Pakistan's soil against Afghanistan! I think he was not a brave General

yeah i guess u forgot the time when he told the americans to hold off and let me clear it to you musharraf alone does decide all core commander is behind these type of decision. there is a saying that "there are only two type of people who r very brave one is the person who has nothing to lose and other is a person who is very stupid " and because of bravery we couldnt afford to be bombed back a century :coffee:

@ Thread

When he was in power, you booted him out. When he is not, you want him back.

I seriously believe, had mushy been in power a lil bit longer and had internal situation in pakistan not worsened, kashmir issue would have been resolved.

What US could do about tiny North Korea or Iran??? They believed in their own power and potential. Dignified nations do not succumb to undue pressure from biggest powers on earth. Musharraf got his forehead sweat when a single call of Armitage shivered his body! He would have resisted to the last extent. It is his actions which have led Pakistan to the catastrophic stage we are facing now. Economy no doubt was good at his time but after selling many innocent people to Guantanamo and Bagram detention centers. During his times, US aid was reaching people that was good thing for the people for the time being but nations do not depend on the price after auctioning their prestige. We have even more tough times ahead, Musharraf or Zardari or Nawaz Sharif, these are sold products and their loyalties are attached to USA. It is better not to dream for good when you see any of these vultures in power.

ur one delusional person let me tell u the complete situation 1 at that time iran had no such atomic thingy next at that time america was not involed in iraq or afghanistan second pakistan didnt had any icbm third pakistan dont export oil very unlike iran and what did it had to deter america when u ur self werent able to even stand up to india things are not what they seem and politics is a game of mind not heart but yes i belive that selling of pakistani ppl was the unforgivable crime but if they were terrorist then no complaints

Musharaf waz a great leader Pakistan had got, in his era our economy waz world 2nd fastest growing, he start building a new city in Balochistan, Pak defence Forces were doing brilliantly, KSE index waz up 2 15000 now around 10000, value of Rupee waz stable at 58,59 now 85.
But sad he did some mistakes in the end.
Zardari Govt is failed in all fields but v must wait 4 next elections 2 elect some1 else.

if pakistan even has the money to finance the elections :whistle:

Six get life term for plotting to kill Musharraf

By Mudassir Raja
Wednesday, 01 Sep, 2010

hailmusharraf_600.jpg

The arrested men confessed during interrogation that they had planned a suicide attack on the Army House in Rawalpindi to kill Pervez Musharraf. -File Photo

RAWALPINDI: An anti-terrorism court on Tuesday sentenced to life imprisonment six men who had planned a suicide attack in 2008 to kill former president Pervez Musharraf and had accumulated a huge quantity of explosives for the purpose.

ATC-II Special Judge Raja Ikhlaq Hussain said in his verdict the convicts, Intikhab Ahmed Abbasi of Islamabad, Mohammad Kabir of Abbotabad, Abid Khan of Attock, Mohammad Ishaq of Peshawar, Qamar Zaman of Dera Ismail Khan and Zafar Ali of Kohat, had been sentenced for hatching a criminal conspiracy.

The court acquitted seven other men, Mohammad Touqir, Mohammad Sajjad, Mohammad Zameer, Rashid Mehmood, Farhan Mehmood, Abdul Sattar and Noor Mohammad, for lack of evidence. The decision was announced in Adiala Jail where the 13 men had been tried.

The six convicts were also found guilty of accumulating over 900kg of explosive material for an attack to kill Pervez Musharraf, then president of Pakistan, using bogus registration numbers and tempering with the chassis number of three vehicles seized from them.

Special prosecutor Chaudhry Zulfiqar Ali told Dawn that the convicts had been arrested on June 6, 2008, from Dhoke Kala Khan locality of Rawalpindi.

Federal Investigation Agency found the explosives concealed in 15 pressure cookers and large drums, six canisters of diesel, five bottles containing different kinds of splinters and three detonators.

Advocate Zulfiqar Ali said the men confessed during interrogation that they had planned a suicide attack on the Army House in Rawalpindi to kill Pervez Musharraf.

DAWN.COM | National | Six get life term for plotting to kill Musharraf

Its funny, the current setup..is Musharraf's Marriage bureau service.. and the NRO is the nikah namah.. and people still believe him to be some sort of reformer.

Media hyped, People of Pakistan wanted exiled politicians back hence NRO was only way out.
NRO is not part of constitution, it expired two years ago.

50 leaders of Muslim Leagues expected to meet Musharraf

By: Jawad R Awan | Published: September 07, 2010

LAHORE - Some 50 leaders of PML-Q, PML-Q (Like-Minded Group) and members of other factions of Muslim League minus PML-N are expected to meet former president Pervez Musharraf in London next month, TheNation has learnt.
Insiders in Musharraf’s upcoming All Pakistan Muslim League (APML) told this scribe on Monday that many of the political visitors of former president’s forthcoming moot would be the same who met him earlier in Abu Dhabi and Dubai, however, new faces would also be seen this time. The insiders informed around 250 delegates in total were expected to take part in Musharraf’s moot, which include politicians from Pakistan, media men and think tanks from London, United States and Canada.
Musharraf will express his vision about Pakistan through lectures and salient features of his upcoming political party’s manifesto. He is also expected to formally announce his party in the October moot. They further informed the former president’s aides were busy in getting visas for the political leaders expected to meet Musharraf in London.
It is pertinent to add Musharraf had planned the London moot this month, however, he delayed the meeting for October to get the outcome of the moot to be called by Pir of Pagara, Chief of PML (Functional) after Eid, as many of the Musharraf’s likeminded are expected to take part in the Karachi’s Muslim Leagues’ meeting. The meeting is expected to form a larger alliance or unification of all factions of Muslim Leagues minus PML-N.

50 leaders of Muslim Leagues expected to meet Musharraf | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

Musharraf orders ration supply to 1,000 affectees

Published: September 06, 2010

LAHORE - Former president Pervez Musharraf has directed Gen (r) Rashid Qureshi to supply one month’s ration to 1,000 flood affected families in Sindh.
Accompanied by artiste Atiqa Odho, Gen Qureshi has started purchasing the items needed most by the victims in Karachi. The late actor Wa-heed Murad’s widow - Salma - is also lending a helping hand to them.
The families who would be provided ration are in Gh-otki, Jacobabad, Lark-ana, Thattha, Kashmore and Shikarpur.
The former president had donated Rs 10 million to the flood affectees.

Musharraf orders ration supply to 1,000 affectees | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

Musharraf plans to return to Pakistan with new party

10 September 2010 Last updated at 18:54 ET

By Owen Bennett Jones

BBC News

_49063355_004753942-1.jpg

Mr Musharraf says there is a good chance he may be president again

The former military ruler of Pakistan Pervez Musharraf has said he is forming a new political party with a view to returning to politics in the country.

He said he will be going back to Pakistan before the next elections which are due in 2013.

Pervez Musharraf who now lives in London has for some months been talking about the possibility of returning but now his plans are firming up.

He said he will be standing for a seat in the next parliament.

From there he hopes to become either prime minister or president.

"I believe very strongly that it's better to try and fail rather than not try and go down without trying," he said.

"At this moment we see darkness all over in Pakistan, we have to show light, we have to show an alternative, a viable alternative where the people see light and gain some confidence."

Low standing

Asked whether he had already has his chance and that it was time to give others an opportunity to lead he said last time he lacked legitimacy internationally because he was in uniform.

"I can't be sure of becoming President again but I believe there is a good chance of my winning" he said.

He dismissed his low standing in the opinion polls saying that polls can be manipulated and that his popularity is increasing.

The retired general acknowledged that if he did go back he would have to face some legal cases and he said there would be risk of his being killed.

But he said he would answer every allegation against him.

"A time has come in Pakistan when we need to introduce a new political culture, a culture which can take Pakistan forward on a democratic path, on a correct democratic path, not on an artificial, make-believe democratic path," he said.

BBC News - Musharraf plans to return to Pakistan with new party

Last edited:
@ Thread

When he was in power, you booted him out. When he is not, you want him back.

I seriously believe, had mushy been in power a lil bit longer and had internal situation in pakistan not worsened, kashmir issue would have been resolved.

Agreed on the bold part.

By the way, Pakistan has been on the decline since Musharraf sacked the Chief Justice in March 2007. After that, there have been so many crises and acts of terrorism. Lal Masjid alone contributed to the loss of thousands of lives in acts of terrorism eventually and quite possible loss of billions to the economy. The security situation got so bad that Musharraf was reduced to being a 'bunker' president by the time he finally left office in Sept. 2008. Economic slide had also started after terrorism incidents increased a lot. Of course, the global financial crises were really bad for Pakistan which has long term reliance of foreign trade and aid....
Musharraf's apologists are always fooling people by quoting the financial figures. Yes, he worked hard. Very hard and honestly and he was a tolerant person. A fairly civil guy for being the absolute ruler. But the decline had started in 2007 and that was undoing much of the achievements. The trend was set for the decline way before the 2008 elections. Final nail in Musharraf's coffin was the assassination of Benazir Bhutto. After that, Musharraf HAD to go and he acknowledges that fact.

Having said that, I welcome his return to power IF he comes through proper channel of elections. PMLQ has plenty of big rich people who are rejected by Nawaz Sharif and an alliance with PPP--which still has considerable support in Punjab--can mean the next coalition could be between Musharraf-PPP in some fashion. MQM is likely to facilitate that.

PS. I still wonder as to why the end of Musharraf era led to the Kashmir solution being delayed? I mean, it is the Army which controls Pakistan's foreign and security policy. Zardari cannot even enter Pakistan's nuclear facilities--and neither can PM Gillani. PM Singh is still there to negotiate with. What are your thoughts about it?

Musharraf raises Rs250m for flood-hit: news channel

Tuesday, 14 Sep, 2010

musharraf-608.jpg

Mr Musharraf said only 5 per cent of the money collected by his foundation for the flood-hit would be spent on overheads. - File Photo.

KARACHI: In what may be described as a noteworthy turn of events, former president Gen (retd) Pervez Musharraf, who resigned just over two years ago after facing threat of impeachment, joined hands with a private television channel on Sunday night to seek and then garner pledges of hundreds of millions of rupees for the relief and rehabilitation of flood-affected people.

Taking part from London in a three-hour live “telethon” on Dunya TV, Gen (retd) Musharraf appealed for funds and people from all over the world responded generously, collectively pledging upwards of Rs250 million, the news channel claimed.

The people who phoned in to the television show to pledge donations for the Pervez Musharraf Foundation which, according to the former president has already been registered in the UK, also asked the retired general about his future plans. Gen (retd) Musharraf told them he planned to return to Pakistan to take part in the next general election.

Mr Musharraf said only 5 per cent of the money collected by his foundation for the flood-hit would be spent on overheads.

Notable among the people who called the former president to pledge sizable donations were former ministers Khurshid Mehmood Kasuri and Ameer Muqam.—Dawn Report

DAWN.COM | Front Page | Musharraf raises Rs250m for flood-hit: news channel

Back
Top Bottom