What's new

Geo's back! | Geo TV shuts down!

Thanks webby, but source is someone else so he should be given the credit...its an open truth but things have now been revealed as what the actual agenda was.
Another interesting development is that Geo has run to India for broadcasting it's programs.

Not a good idea. It would just hurt their credibility.

That IS their right.

If they were lying the correct image had to be portrayed.

You can't gag it.
well well well...its their right to de stabilize the country by only showing the negative things, free media does not mean might is right...u can do whatever u can......they have no right to play wth the emotions of the common layman.

Another interesting development is that Geo has run to India for broadcasting it's programs.

dear asim,

This speaks for itself as the bas***d would always seek help from his or her illegitimate father...looooosers

well well well...its their right to de stabilize the country by only showing the negative things, free media does not mean might is right...u can do whatever u can......they have no right to play wth the emotions of the common layman.
They do have that right. Free common man has the right to switch off the TV!

The thing is our arguments should be so strong that people laugh at Geo TV when they make such ridiculous news claims like Kayani arrests Musharraf n all.

We have given Geo TV this validity which its exploiting by gagging it.

dear asim,

This speaks for itself as the bas***d would always seek help from his or her illegitimate father...looooosers
Well see now we should exploit the same thing and televise that. This would be our propaganda against them. Even though it could be something harmless as utilizing Indian stations to broadcast their channels, everything technical, but we can make it look like Geo was on India's payroll and that's why it was doing all this.

That's our right. We can manipulate things too just as they have. But each side should be free to speak their hearts out and try their best!

Well see now we should exploit the same thing and televise that. This would be our propaganda against them. Even though it could be something harmless as utilizing Indian stations to broadcast their channels, everything technical, but we can make it look like Geo was on India's payroll and that's why it was doing all this.

That's our right. We can manipulate things too just as they have. But each side should be free to speak their hearts out and try their best!

Thats what brain washing is all about, I am a patriotic person like any other Pakistani but unlike most of the Pakistanis I am not emotional at all. But you cannot hide the fact as whatever their agenda is. Media is a the fourth people of any country but that does that mean they start degrading their own country by tell only negative things...unfair haan....I am the member of this forum since almost a year now, I read the articles on daily basis..but this things left me no choice but to let other brothers also know that what is actually happening...Pakistan is forever and will remain forever.

In my last post I wrote fourth people...infact its fourth pillar...my applogies

Thats what brain washing is all about, I am a patriotic person like any other Pakistani but unlike most of the Pakistanis I am not emotional at all. But you cannot hide the fact as whatever their agenda is. Media is a the fourth people of any country but that does that mean they start degrading their own country by tell only negative things...unfair haan....I am the member of this forum since almost a year now, I read the articles on daily basis..but this things left me no choice but to let other brothers also know that what is actually happening...Pakistan is forever and will remain forever.
Yes but say if I tried to hide your point of view? I can just delete off all your posts and won't give you a chance to speak. That would be unfair. So we allow you, and we allow the Geo supporters to both say their things. One side would win. The side that is most convincing.

The government should have sent people like Sheikh Rasheed and all their tough speakers to these TV channels and let them duke it out. Counter argue everything they are saying. Heck try to convince some other TV channel to make fun of Geo for all it's blunders! That is legal too.

That is what is called the media war. Everyone has to fight it.

Why do you say this? They have done the smartest thing. Approached a country which has a free reign on credible media sources and an open market. This way they still stay on the air without any interruption.

Why do you say this? They have done the smartest thing. Approached a country which has a free reign on credible media sources and an open market. This way they still stay on the air without any interruption.
There is Singapore as well.

Now it will seem like they were doing all this on the directives of India.

some are saying that Geo is moving to thailand for broadcast rights. so the situation is not so clear. singapore has a restrictive press/media policy.

some are saying that Geo is moving to thailand for broadcast rights. so the situation is not so clear. singapore has a restrictive press/media policy.
Will they be able to broadcast this far from there?

They need someone with a satellite over this area...

Arabsat was of Saudis will probably not come into their consideration... Asiasat's of Hong Kong won't come either because of China... I think Singapore has one too through which we primarily get Star, Orbit, etc. It's also I think going to be the most expensive option.

There is Singapore as well.
Singapore is a police state; the press doesn't have total freedom. Nor do any of the Arab countries.

By moving to India they keep their costs low since there's already a big cable/sat broadcasting infrastructure, no hassles with media policing and most of all... a crap load of air time sponsors. It's a win win for geo.

Which broadcasting satellite do Indian channels use?

Currently Star Plus, Zee Network, Sony Net, all are being broadcasted from the same sat where Geo was.

They are all using ArabSat and AsiaSat over here... Which is the same what you get in India and Pakistan.

Geo India chaloo..
Now in Hamid Meers program we ll see guest like Lalo Ram Parasad and discussion will be Pak politics.....beautiful...Indian politician and topic will be Pak politics.
I don t think Indian govt will allow this. Indian govt won't allow mud slinging from on Pak from their border.

Back
Top Bottom