What's new

General Motors Is Headed For Bankruptcy -- Again

German and japanese cars are the ones to buy , very reliable , good looking and innovative . Toyota , Honda , Lexus ,Mercedes , BMW , Audi , Volkswagen :enjoy:

They should just sell off GM to somebody :lol:

they wish but who is going to buy them with the load of of employment benefits in arrears which is causing the company to break its back!

A smart buyer would wait for the company to go under and then start buying up it's assets.

that is beyond Chapter 11; and the company will go into effective liquidation which I believe will not happen. As I said before, the US has bailed out Chrysler, they will bailout GM as well. I think both the union and auto workers will finally conclude with the Company to take a concession on their retirement benefits and then move on to new contracts with massive pay and benefit cuts.

Had a Corolla which was good to me in the 80s and early 90s before I bought a Honda Accord back in 95. Still driving it.

Then it follows you are not driving it in areas and times of road salt use.

Unions have ruined the auto industry and they are starting to do the same to other manufacturing sectors as well. with benefits the average wage of a GM worker is 68 USD per hour (6,436+ PKR, 3,692+ INR). It is the benefits where they have really cleaned up.

Boys in the Union did bot design cars like Pontiac Aztec, Buick Road Master, Saturns or Chevy malibus.

GM need to build cars that people wanna buy, blaming the Union is ludicrous.

Along with freedom of expression, freedom of speech and exporting democracy and liberty, the west also preaches the lesson of free trade, lowering tariffs and free market economy.

This is while it gives full protection to its failing corporations like GM and Chrysler. Toyota also manufactures as many autos as GM, but it is not granted same type of concessions as their archaic, bureaucratic and unionized GM.

Along with freedom of expression, freedom of speech and exporting democracy and liberty, the west also preaches the lesson of free trade, lowering tariffs and free market economy.

This is while it gives full protection to its failing corporations like GM and Chrysler. Toyota also manufactures as many autos as GM, but it is not granted same type of concessions as their archaic, bureaucratic and unionized GM.

The fact that Toyota has access to joint industrial R&D consortia co-sponsored by several industrial giants banding together under the aegis of the Government of Japan may have escaped your notice:

http://www.oecd.org/science/innovationinsciencetechnologyandindustry/1907997.pdf

Back
Top Bottom