What's new

Full sale of Javelin Missile to India: USA

wonder why Americans are so confused about their relations with India ...
American leadership should have a firm view about India... that India is a fellow democracy who is supportive of American
leadership on the planet ..and should more firmly come forward to support India... and as the time passes ... America can
transfer some of the responsibilities to India ... specially in Middle East and Africa...

wonder why Americans are so confused about their relations with India ...
American leadership should have a firm view about India... that India is a fellow democracy who is supportive of American
leadership on the planet ..and should more firmly come forward to support India... and as the time passes ... America can
transfer some of the responsibilities to India ... specially in Middle East and Africa...

Americans still have withdrawal effects of Cold war, we have British Raj syndrome and the net beneficiaries are enemies of both.

See the problem is that Indians talk about having the responsibility etc, but the truth is that India tends to shirk it's responsibility when it comes down to it, hopefully this is changing as India really needs to step up to the plate, the USA and a lot of other countries are trying to help India, but at the end of the day it's up to India if it wants to lead the world along with the USA or just play follow the leader.

See the problem is that Indians talk about having the responsibility etc, but the truth is that India tends to shirk it's responsibility when it comes down to it, hopefully this is changing as India really needs to step up to the plate, the USA and a lot of other countries are trying to help India, but at the end of the day it's up to India if it wants to lead the world along with the USA or just play follow the leader.

Wrong analogy, the world is more multi polar than it was ever before. We still can get befits from what America and western world has in offer for us without being in a permanent symbiotic relationship; by just behaving civilized and non complicit. There are no free lunches as per an American saying and if we are going to buy our lunch by paying it then there no need to call the shopkeeper 'Grandfather or Uncle'.

Yes that is obvious that there is no free lunches, every country takes care of number one first and that is how it should be, but India does seem to talk a lot about leadership etc, but when it comes down to it India does not lead, its just words and in this world actions speak louder. India really needs to start taking center stage, at the moment there is a lot of respect and love for India all over the world and India needs to take advantage of this.

Yes that is obvious that there is no free lunches, every country takes care of number one first and that is how it should be, but India does seem to talk a lot about leadership etc, but when it comes down to it India does not lead, its just words and in this world actions speak louder. India really needs to start taking center stage, at the moment there is a lot of respect and love for India all over the world and India needs to take advantage of this.

May be you can give some examples.

If I can guess what you are saying then Indians don't think leadership comes with the barrel of gun. The good case study is our relationship with dictatorship of Burma and its gradual gait towards democracy; even appreciated by Americans.

May be you can give some examples.

If I can guess what you are saying then Indians don't think leadership comes with the barrel of gun. The good case study is our relationship with dictatorship of Burma and its gradual gait towards democracy; even appreciated by Americans.

bro ... just be more subtle with Shatterpoint ... i think he is a frnd of India a rarity in this forum ... i have seen his numerous posts ,,, and i agree with him ... India should be more proactive for taking up responsibilities... If she wants a UNSC seat .. anytime soon ....

bro ... just be more subtle with Shatterpoint ... i think he is a frnd of India a rarity in this forum ... i have seen his numerous posts ,,, and i agree with him ... India should be more proactive for taking up responsibilities... If she wants a UNSC seat .. anytime soon ....

I know shatterpoint and he is great fellow. Disagreeing with someone's POV doesn't make one enemies. We both are discussing things with great civility and openness, I think Shatterpoint will agree with on this. :cool: .

Regards :angel:

Guys its ok I don't mind a good argument and debate and I enjoy reading all the post of the Indian posters on here, no I am not saying that India should use the barrel of the gun, India has done very well with it's peaceful rise hence the world is looking to India to lead the way as well.

I just think on too many occasions India has let slip golden opportunities, and also reading some Indian news papers etc I get the feeling there are still a lot of people in India who are very anti Indian or anti Western. Like I said at this point in time India has a lot of friends and love around the world, and India really needs to make a massive push to be up front and in the middle along with the USA in leading the world.

Two massive democratic nations leading the world will only help drag everyone forward, India and the USA both have their own positives and negatives, India's positives are it's soft power in a lot of the Middle Eastern countries and in Africa, while USA is the only super power at the moment, this is one of the biggest reasons the USA and the World wants India to be that next super power, I don;t think there has ever been two super powers that are democratic countries.

I think the USA and India leading from the front will usher in a new golden age for the world, India wants to be on the UN, but you need to make the hard decisions if you want to be a permanent member of the UN. India really needs to grab this opportunity with both hands.

I think the USA and India leading from the front will usher in a new golden age for the world, India wants to be on the UN, but you need to make the hard decisions if you want to be a permanent member of the UN. India really needs to grab this opportunity with both hands.

The US should free itself from the Neocon lobby, which will make cooperation easier.

As a first step, the US could work with Russia to facilitate a democratic election in Syria, instead of backing Al Qaeda terrorists there.

Well the USA has a lot to answer for, but that is what happens when you are a super power, there is no black and white, there is only shades of grey and everything in between, the USA needs help and like I have suggested India could be a perfect foil for the US.

Indian culture is respected in almost every country on Earth, India needs to use this soft power it has, I think India can do a lot more in the world than it is doing at the moment.

The best available options in the world are the weapons of choice for us.

Rare feat and a welcoming sign.

image763.jpg

2h3n6ub.jpg

^^ lol ok whatever you say, India and the USA have the most military exercises in the world, in fact the number of exercises this year alone is around 60 and its not even July yet.

^^ lol ok whatever you say, India and the USA have the most military exercises in the world, in fact the number of exercises this year alone is around 60 and its not even July yet.
But the operations that US did in Pakistan might be more than 60 which include drone attacks , secret raids , attacks on civilians and soldiers . Still Pakistanis and US share blood relationship (former sheds their blood for latter) which can never be replaced by India . On the other hand we will only look US as friend and partner and not more than that because we both are democracies that prefers self interests . Though we have large no of military exercises with US , it cannot be as trust worthy as Russia , Israel and France .

Back
Top Bottom