What's new

French bag India’s largest defence order for fighter jets

:cry: :cry: :cry:

RIP EFT. Goodbye.

A sad day for me and other EFT fans. :cry:

Rafale Beats Eurofighter In Indian MMRCA Contest : Defense news

The Dassualt team has been issued a letter confirming the Indian MOD's choice, sources told Defenseworld.net. Separately, Eurofighter executives were called in and informed of their elimination from the contest this afternoon,sources close to Eurofighter informed Defenseworld.net.

The final choice was made on price, sources said adding that the French aircraft's total cost worked to about 20% cheaper than that of the Eurofighter.

BBC News - French Rafale jet beats Eurofighter in $10bn India deal

Shares in Dassault Aviation rocketed more than 20% as the latest news broke.

French Minister of State for Foreign Trade Pierre Lellouche welcomed the deal, the first foreign order for the Rafale multi-role jet.

He said: "This is good news and France needs good news right now... It is good news for our aerospace industry and for our defence industry."

Dassault Statement On Rafale Winning MMRCA
Saint-Cloud (France), January 31, 2012: Following the announcement of the final selection of the Rafale in the frame of the MMRCA program, Dassault Aviation and its partners are honored and grateful to the Indian Government and the people of India to be given the opportunity to extend their long-lasting cooperation. Dassault Aviation and its partners reiterate their commitment to meet the operational requirements of the Indian Air Force and underline their pride in contributing to India’s defence for over half a century.

Statement from French President Nicolas Sarkozy:
The President of the French Republic has learned of India’s selection of the Rafale for the acquisition by the Indian Air Force of 126 fighter aircrafts. France is pleased with the Indian government’s decision to select the French aircraft to enter into exclusive negotiations with Dassault. This announcement comes at the end of a very high-level, fair and transparent competition involving two European finalists. The Rafale has been selected thanks to the aircraft’s competitive life-cycle costs, after the April 2011 pre-selection on the basis of its top-level operational performance. The negotiation of the contract will begin very soon and has the full support of the French authorities. It will include important technology transfers guaranteed by the French government. The realisation of the Rafale project will illustrate the depth and scale of the strategic partnership between France and India.

Livefist

Now I am a Rafale fan as well. :D

It's active radar cancellation system and 360 degree sensors are great.
LCA will greatly from Kaveri-Snecma deal.
Best nuclear delivery system
Meteor factor
Hoping for some tech share from Neuron

But still I can't forget the beauty, Typhoooooon..... Specially its agility and CAESAR radar. :cry:

Katrina (Rafale) beats Kareena (EFT). Now my eyes should look at Katrina only. :D

France's Rafale deal to include tech transfer-Sarkozy - Reuters
In a statement, Sarkozy said talks over the contract would begin shortly, adding that the deal would include significant transfers of technology guaranteed by the French state.

It's active radar cancellation system and 360 degree sensors are great.

Kinectic - Active radar cancellation system is a myth and not a reality. Spectra is just hyped up EW suite and nothing else. I am all for Katrina !!!!!

I am for Rafale, its truckload of bomber

1074687.jpg

rafale_ag.jpg

70944-bigthumbnail.jpg

1. Its good that we have not gone for EFT because that will make us dependent on 4 nations for technology, spares etc. etc. :tdown:

2. And that 4 nations are US puppets indirectly US would have effected us in future. :tdown:

3. Now, we have single partner and after scorpene submarine and nuclear deal that bond is strengthen into a good strategic partnership. :yahoo:

4. We already have experience of mirage from France and this will make transition easy. :tup:

- It will take less time for IAF pilots to master it

- It will be economical

- MRO issues can be managed.

Finally.
Hurrahhhh.
Now let the comparisons begin Jf-17 vs Rafale, J10 vs Rafale, J20 vs Rafale.:lol:

Don,t make it a comparison threat dude .... 2ndly we all hope that there will be no conflict between both countries so no rafale vs jft or else and if it occurs then there will be every thing vs any thing ok so just stick to the topic u got a high tech plane so congrates

Kinectic - Active radar cancellation system is a myth and not a reality. Spectra is just hyped up EW suite and nothing else. I am all for Katrina !!!!!

No dude, ARC system is very much real. And one of the big advantage of Rafale is Spectra along with omnirole, Spectra, ASMP-A and Meteor.

Katrina all the way. :)

137477.jpg

gr8 news and a new year bonanza for IAF.. Congrats to all followers of Indian MMRCA, the long wait is over.. Indeed the best choice..

But still I can't forget the beauty, Typhoooooon..... Specially its agility and CAESAR radar. :cry:

Now my eyes should look at Katrina only. :D

LOL you have changed very quick. Guess it's like marriage, if you praise other than your wife after marriage. You are done.

But you learned real quick, you are wise my frnd. :woot:

No dude, ARC system is very much real. And one of the big advantage of Rafale is Spectra along with omnirole, Spectra, ASMP-A and Meteor.

Katrina all the way. :)

137477.jpg

Naa yaar - I have had huge conversations with French posters themselves. Pretty much everyone believes there is nothing called active noice cancellation system - it is just a EW system - maybe a good one at that. You can also take Sancho's inputs.

Gambit had an awesome post reasoning out why ARC cannot work !!

Go My Chikni Chameli !!!

^^^ i think, somewhere read about it.

LOL you have changed very quick. Guess it's like marriage, if you praise other than your wife after marriage. You are done.

But you learned real quick, you are wise my frnd. :woot:

Long experience bro. :D When two beauties are fighting, it doesn't matter who wins or loses ;)

Rafale aka Katrina's time starts now.....

Great news guys.
images
. now I'm waiting for the PAk-FA
images

as a EFT fan i am disappointed but Rafale is cheaper and not to mention this will give the IAF a considerable ground attack capability and nuclear weapons delivery system.

15 Factors for the Dassault Rafale wins MMRCA

1.IAF's love for Mirrage 2000 which is a very potent platform.

2.Infrastructure created for over 100 mirages in the 80's can be used now.

3.Upgrade of Mirrage 2000 to Mirrage 2000-5 MK2 standard which will be a similarity with Rafale

4. The 1 billion dollar invested in MICA missile.

5.Dassault Rafale was build from ground up tp be a omirole or multirole platform which the IAF wants

6.SPECTRA + AESA in 2012 (Typhoons AESA 2015) + AASM (proved in Libya)

7.Dual sit version useful for training and more useful for ground attack(twin seater of typhoon is only a trainer without any advantage)

8.Dassault Rafale is cheaper than typhoon.

9.French a reliable supplier not sanctioning india after 1998.

10.All components from one country no dealing with 4 countries.

11.Dassault Rafale has almost all french components while Typhoon has some american components susceptible to sanctions.

12.Full transfer of technology including source code.

13.Today in European crisis France can give us more political leverage than UK+Germany,italy and spain are in deep crisis.

14.Marine version present which makes it attractive for Indian Navy.

15.Hidden deals in STRATEGIC , ECONOMICAL and IINDIGENOUS DEVELOPMENT(KAVERI,MCA,SSN,SSBN etc) arena.

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Engine and payload comparison between Dassault Rafale and Eurofighter Typhoon
Dassault Rafale

Empty weight: 9,500 kg
Loaded weight: 14,016 kg
Max. takeoff weight: 24,500 kg
Powerplant: 2 × Snecma M88-2 turbofans
Dry thrust: 50.04 kN (11,250 lbf) each
Thrust with afterburner: 75.62 kN (17,000 lbf) each
Fuel capacity: 4,700 kg (10,000 lb) internal
Payload:9,500 kg
Thrust/weight: 1.10 (100% fuel, 2 EM A2A missile, 2 IR A2A missile)

Eurofighter Typhoon

Empty weight: 11,150 kg
Loaded weight: 16,000 kg
Max. takeoff weight: 23,500 kg
Powerplant: 2 × Eurojet EJ200 afterburning turbofan
Dry thrust: 60 kN (13,000 lbf) each
Thrust with afterburner: 89 kN (20,000 lbf) each
Fuel capacity: 4,500 kg (9,900 lb) internal
Thrust/weight: 1.15(clean)
Payload:7,500 kg

so you can see a TOW of Dassault Rafale 1.10 (100% fuel, 2 EM A2A missile, 2 IR A2A missile) is much better than 1.15 (clean ) of Eurofighter Typhoon

Dassault Rafale is

1.Lighter(so a 75.62 kN engine is enough) but have more Max. takeoff weight than Typhoon.
2.Carry more fuel.
3.Carry more payload
4. Dassault Rafale has a 30mm gun as to 27 mm of Eurofighter Typhoon.

Back
Top Bottom