What's new

France offers to Indian Air Force for purchasing 40 Rafale fighters

Justin Joseph

Reaction score
France offers to Indian Air Force for purchasing 40 Rafale fighters

A French company offered to sell 40 of its state-of-the-art aircraft Rafale fighter jets to India for a bi-lateral air exercise on Friday. An Indo-French joint exercise is to be held somewhere in India in 2011 – 12. The offer was made by the maker of the Rafale and Mirage fighters, Charles Edelstennie, who is also the scion of the Dassult family. Dessult is a multi-billion French military and civil aerospace company.

The chairman and chief executive of Dassult said, “We know the Indian Air Force, with which we have a decade-long close association, is facing force depletion. So we are ready to supply 40 Rafales, the world’s first omni-role fighters to India, in a short span of time.”

The officers of French Air Force discussed the idea with the Indian Air Force team, which is now in France for a tri-lateral air exercise in which the Singapore air force is also involved. According to Edelastennie, Rafale fighters could be an interim sale to India to acquire 126 Multi Role Combat Aircraft at cost of Rs 40,000 crore. He said, “It is fulfilling the needs and tasks of the French air force and navy globally.

An Indian Air Force officer, who is the part of the Indian continent for Garuda-2010 exercise in Istres air base in France, said, “At present, the talks for the next Indo-French exercise are also on and the French officials have expressed their desire to bring the Rafale aircraft for the next joint air exercise likely to be held in 2011-12 in India.” The current exercise also reached its final stage and exercise will be finished tomorrow. K K Nowhar, Air Marshall of Indian Air Force, who visited the Indian contingent said, “Our participation in the exercise has reinforced the manner in which we conduct our operations.”

Read more: France offers to Indian Air Force for purchasing 40 Rafale fighters - All India Today France offers to Indian Air Force for purchasing 40 Rafale fighters - All India Today

Its a good offer if RAFALE is really that good...i think somehow they must have got a hint in the exercise..

i think mmrca should b extanded to 200 fighter and 40 should be directly inducted from france to fill squbqdon no.s

are those fighters offered for IAF or IN?????? Btw rafale is better for both in my opinion..:coffee:

well they are offerd for inidia i think we need the best planes for our AC iac2 3 and sorry to say that but mig29 are not in the list

we need rafale or f35 for our AC IAC 2,3

well they are offerd for inidia i think we need the best planes for our AC iac2 3 and sorry to say that but mig29 are not in the list

May be India go for f35 for its IAC 2&3

So you mean to say , its unclear, where these 40 rafales will be used.???????

So you mean to say , its unclear, where these 40 rafales will be used.???????

well i am talking about Indian navy and for Indian air force in mmrca yes rafale has chance but still there is competition

i hope India will reply fast and catch the best time:cheers:

Dude France offer these jets in short span of time and IAC 2-3 come in 2017& 2020 so who can we use these jets on them ??

well if my source is right in mid 2015 iac2 will be ready we have to complete as soon as possible so that we can work on nuke sub

don't tell any one its secret

Back
Top Bottom