What's new

Foreigners' trip to Pakistan - 2011

unfortunately we give them far too much attention..which is demeaning ourselves and making us look small.....
Do we really need Pakistan to be endorsed by western tourists? As long as we as Pakistanis love our country that is a that matters.

I disagree with you here, us Pakistanis have always loved Pakistan, despite the ineptitude of the leadership & the attacks from the international media, & are continuing to do so, & will continue to do so. It is personal experiences like these that develop a sense of compassion, a sense of humanity for everyone. No one is looking for the approval of others, but Pakistanis that welcome common people from other nations propagate their values of love & sharing to others to develop a better sense of cultural understanding, & to develop bonds based on our common, inherently shared humanity.

What's the number of tourists that visit Pakistan every year before the WOT and now, anyone?

Number of tourists year in & year out in Pakistan:

Untitled-4.jpg

Tourism in Pakistan is actually increasing despite the WOT.

`Pre- and post- 2008 might show another story. Some people I know gladly visited Pakistan in 2007 but won't today.

Maybe those are just your personal experiences, but as I have shown in this thread, there are plenty of tourists in (& people willing to visit) Pakistan today.

Well,i personally wouldn't want to visit Pakistan at this time.
And i know many Pakistanis will even agree that its not the safest time to visit Pakistan..
Well,that's right now its not that safe but there are some places where not even a single terrorist attacked happened.No target killing nothing at all like my Village (CHERAT) home of Pakistan army (SSG) which is about 2 hours drive from Peshawar.We live in Peshawar but the Village is much more safe.Right now i am in the US and when i visited back lots of my friends from other cities came there and they were surprised to see how people respected them,they offered my friends tea,lunch and dinner.The best part was the cool mountainous environment,visit to the SSG academy and yes walking with AK 47 during night time while they did fire about 300 rounds on one of my friends MEHNDII.If you ever visit Pakistan do visit Cherat area it will be about 3-4hrs from Islamabad,but if you can't must visit the Northern side.

Looking at this pictures i can say that if extremist elements were not present in pakistan, it would have been a sizzling hot tourist destination

Earl Spencer, Princess Diana’s brother, while talking to a live forum with BBC’s royal correspondent, Jennie Bond as the host, spoke of how her sister, Diana, felt about Pakistan:

‘Diana adored Pakistan. It was this strange spiritual connection this very English girl had with such a different culture and I think America and Pakistan were the two places where she felt most at home.’
PrincessDianaLahore2.jpg

Number of tourists year in & year out in Pakistan:

Untitled-4.jpg

Tourism in Pakistan is actually increasing despite the WOT.

Gee...I'd hate to say it, but I think this may've changed after summer of 2007 as that's when the WOT really started in Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom