What's new

First female president of Pakistan

Neo

RETIRED

New Recruit

Reaction score

ISLAMABAD: National Assembly Speaker Dr Fehmida Mirza became the first female president of Pakistan when she took charge as acting president under Article 49(2) of the Constitution.

Under the article, she will hold the office until the return of either the president or the Senate chairman. The Senate chairman performs duties as acting president in the absence of the president. President Asif Ali Zardari and Senate Chairman Mohammadmian Soomro are both abroad. Pakistan has now obtained the distinction of being the first Muslim state with a female prime minister (Benazir Bhutto), female speaker of parliament, and a female acting head of state.

Welcome to Circustan! :pakistan:
Change the name of the capital into Notankiabad. :crazy:

Please correct me if i am wrong.

I thought it was Chairman Senate who used to become Acting President but she is speaker of National Assembly. Is she allowed to?

Anything is possible with PPP - Pagal Pakistan Party - in power. :crazy:

She is an acting President for god sakes! Not an elected President! Why all the fuss?!

Please correct me if i am wrong.

I thought it was Chairman Senate who used to become Acting President but she is speaker of National Assembly. Is she allowed to?

I think Soomro was out on a state visit as well, so she was the nest in line as per the constitution

Back
Top Bottom