What's new

Firing at a Gurudwara in US, several people shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no point of arguing with him. For him to really know what US is like he would have to come here and experience it himself. It would be funny to see how fast he gets himself a gun living in areas like Compton, California or Brownsville, NYC.

Nope accountant, he just went through all the legal channels. It is not hard really it is just that most people would not even get past the background check.

I grew up in South Jamaica Queens, one of the roughest neighborhoods in America, particularly in NYC. When there was a murder nobody said anything out of fear of facing retaliation from the street gangs. After the 2008 recession things got really heated up, people were being robbed and black gangs began to raid middle class white neighborhoods because that is where they got a lot of their loot from. The cops weren't always around, they only reached the crime scene after some 7-10 minutes, by that time the perps fled the scene. These gangs in particular targeted south Asians since they are easy targets, a lot of Taxi cab drivers got murdered as well, most of whom are South Asians.

Its the law abiding citizens who face the brutality of criminals when the government denies them the right to own a firearm for their self defense. A criminal will acquire a gun illegally no matter what, these gangs have connections and they will always get guns no matter what the government does.

CNN news reporter is an asshole. He kept on saying they are not "Muslims."
Actually avoiding people to get hot headed and target American Muslims coz they gets agitated and act on their prejudice.

Its pathetic, but its a necessary action. You know the twisted minds in US. They need any reason to attack Muslims after 9/11.

i talked to a guy who live 3 mins from the temple and goes there. He said that most prolly this is the case of a white guy looking to kill some muslims, but ended up killing sikhs. There was a big party there and they thought it is ramadan and muslims are gathering. wow i cant believe this is stilll happening.

What is wrong with you?

Wtf is wrong with you.

And my reply to that would be people with guns kill people.

So nobody kills people with knives or their bare hands anymore because they all have access to guns? :undecided:

I grew up in South Jamaica Queens, one of the roughest neighborhoods in America, particularly in NYC. When there was a murder nobody said anything out of fear of facing retaliation from the street gangs. After the 2008 recession things got really heated up, people were being robbed and black gangs began to raid middle class white neighborhoods because that is where they got a lot of their loot from. The cops weren't always around, they only reached the crime scene after some 7-10 minutes, by that time the perps fled the scene. These gangs in particular targeted south Asians since they are easy targets, a lot of Taxi cab drivers got murdered as well, most of whom are South Asians.

Its the law abiding citizens who face the brutality of criminals when the government denies them the right to own a firearm for their self defense. A criminal will acquire a gun illegally no matter what, these gangs have connections and they will always get guns no matter what the government does.

Agreed and yes I have heard of that part of Queens but I have lived in Brooklyn my whole life. Brooklynites are known for being gangsters and thugs and it is obvious if you tell someone from out of state you are from Brooklyn just by their reaction.

Try Brownsville, Sunset Park, East New York, Bedstuy, Flatbush, heck even Coney Island.

Between Brooklyn and Compton it is pretty much a toss up for gang capital of the country.

Krait, Guns don't kill people, people kill people.
Agreed, but make guns easily available. You can see the difference. I am not taking without any basis. I have studied the social crimes and effect of population, income, availability of guns and the new technologies introduced to control the situation. The case studies are from research papers on US crime statistics in international journals.

Also, read about behavior pattern and psyche of a criminal. You will get my point.

Actually avoiding people to get hot headed and target American Muslims coz they gets agitated and act on their prejudice.

Its pathetic, but its a necessary action. You know the twisted minds in US. They need any reason to attack Muslims after 9/11.

this posts makes absolutely no sense.

i talked to a guy who live 3 mins from the temple and goes there. He said that most prolly this is the case of a white guy looking to kill some muslims, but ended up killing sikhs. There was a big party there and they thought it is ramadan and muslims are gathering. wow i cant believe this is stilll happening.

Wtf is wrong with you.

What he said was exactly on line. Anish was trying to imply that it would have been okay if it had been Muslims and that is what he was reacting to.

Wtf is wrong with you.

Would it have been ok either way?
IF the redneck was stupid enough to mistake Sikhs for Muslims.. that does not take away the presence of Islamophobia from this case.

this posts makes absolutely no sense.
No sense. Well I can say nothing anymore. Hope you can observe what has been fed to US society. And learn from external stimuli and feedback effect on response mechanism which affects our decision making ability. Its a wonderful branch of science. And criminals are studied. The criminals who were sometimes innocent and commit crime cause they lost their mind.

Also study rumor transmission. There are hundreds of research articles based on US population. May be then you can understand what I am trying to say.

Wtf is wrong with you.

Stupid is what stupid does.

Sir now you are bringing Man behind the Machine. We all know that. All I pointed out is, if you have a gun and you are too much angry at that person, or your child or your life is in danger, what would you do ?
That comes down to self restraint, responsibility, and self control, something one needs to exercise when using/doing anything in his everyday life. Same question can be asked with regards to if one has a kitchen knife and one is angry at someone, or if one's life is in danger or that of his children, what would he do?

Normal citizen can't have their hands on guns for protection while the criminals can get it from anywhere. What do you think people will want, its simple matter of survival. They don't believe in Police too much and they don't want to take chances.
Of course they would want a gun, but the difference between a normal citizen and a convicted criminal is that a law abiding citizen would not use his/her weapon for the wrong reasons. In America once you acquire your firearm it is mandatory to get your gun registered take a training course just as one would for a drivers license.

I agree the gun control law will definitely have effect just like you mentioned the other country. But you do forget the social structure , and threat perception in US and other countries.
Elaborate what you mean by threat perception in the US and other countries. Most of the shootouts and street crimes are carried out by street gangs, for them its a every day life thing, they kill and if they happen to get caught they go to prison, but in prison they only end up with their other "homies" who also get arrested for similar crimes.

You can't compare two countries just like we don't fire AK-47 while other people do during marriages. Still more number of people are killed in India. Here is another instance which support your view.
Which is why i said guns can't kill people on their own, its people who kill people whether by using a gun or any other inanimate object to commit the crime.

Regarding firing AK-47's in the air, that is irresponsible behavior and people who indulge in such should have their guns confiscated and their license suspended for a period of time. Bullets falling down from hundreds of feet are just as dangerous as a bullet straight from the barrel of a gun.

Point is no matter what you have, crimes will happen. But when it comes to choice, a person will rather have a gun in hand and feel secure than doubtful of security forces to protect them.
Exactly.

You are in US but can you present entire picture of US with your experience in NYC ? Generalization is not that easy, demographics matters.
The reason why i gave example of NYC because it is one of the most difficult places to acquire a gun, not that you can't own one legally, however you must have a valid reason to own a gun, for example working in the law enforcement or another occupation that makes you a potential target for attackers, criminals, robbers, etc. Yet the crime rate is high in NYC.

I dont know what to do. I went to a white high school and that time i had a a long beard. Many thought i was a muslim. They shoud be thought the different, i guess in the religion course in high school they should be tought the difference in muslims and sikhs. So that they can kill the right person atleast. :lol:

Sad..
the level of human dignity NOT showing in that statement.
JUST plain.. pathetic.

I dont know what to do. I went to a white high school and that time i had a a long beard. Many thought i was a muslim. They shoud be thought the different, i guess in the religion course in high school they should be tought the difference in muslims and sikhs. So that they can kill the right person atleast. :lol:

Mods, ban him please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom