What's new

FGFA vs J-XX

with Possible lift of EU arms ban this year it will mature swiftly.
If anything, the EU/American arms embargo has been a blessing in disguise for China. During the 1970's to late 1980's, there were many naive decision makers in the Chinese government that thought modernization can be brought on by purchasing weapons from the West. This experience taught the Chinese that self-reliance is the only way forward. Only fools would start buying from EU/American again.

While in all fairness, EU might have some nice toys, they have nothing close to a 5th generation fighter like J-20. F-35 is an American development and they will withheld certain aspects of it. When the J-20 is inducted into service around 2018, I think China can say it has exceeded the EU in aviation.

xuwei..I said T-50 is a prototype, it will go through tests and trials during its phase of development.
Now that J-20 has come to the scene, I believe Russians are going to bring in considerable many changes to T-50. The only thing I am thinking about is the Airframe finishing even the prototype of J-20 has sort of single piece frame somewhat similar to F-35/F-22 while T-50 has a crude finish.
The T-50 has a single piece canopy like the F-22 in development. Also, remember just b/c the J-20 has a single piece doesn't mean that a whole lot, who knows how well it will work out. Also the Russians most likely will have something better. Like you said the T-50-1 is a prototype, its just confirming the flight characteristics of the plane it also has the bare minimum in terms of avionics. The second flying prototype is supposed to have some changes and will fly in feb-march with more avionics installed but the third flying prototype is supposed to be much different' from the first two, its supposed to have the AESA radar installed on it.
The Russians might change the IRST to something similar to what the F-35 has.

Actually, the pace of Chinese developments is so swift that i believe they don't need the Europeans anymore, on the contrary, Europeans do need China.

Actually, the pace of Chinese developments is so swift that i believe they don't need the Europeans anymore, on the contrary, Europeans do need China.

Yea! The pace Chinese have, the way this J20 program has been made public, testing of a brand new plane on brand new engine and physically look of J20.... all creates doubt this was first flight of J20. It is indeed surprising!

Haha China has no embargo against Europe. Maybe we will sell them a watered down version of J-20...

how? will Russia or US attack China for this? or they "will stop their components" being used in J-20 :lol: dont base your claims on empty air

Well I meant in the sales department by putting more pressure on the governments based on diplomatic efforts. And would you be happy to let go of one of your biggest customers?

I dont think so. the US is over-protective about its present and future markets.

Russia n the other hand will be threatened by the massive air power build up n Europe that threatens its own security and remember the J 20 is still flying on Russian engines.

Well I meant in the sales department by putting more pressure on the governments based on diplomatic efforts. And would you be happy to let go of one of your biggest customers?
???????????? how? simply how?

I dont think so. the US is over-protective about its present and future markets.
Everyone is, but look at the growing impact of China in developing countries and in Europe. If China provides them with a quality product than US at that too at lower price tag, there would be no reason to go for an equilent costlier US product
Russia n the other hand will be threatened by the massive air power build up n Europe that threatens its own security and remember the J 20 is still flying on Russian engines.
So Russia has an option to increase its number and thus bleed more for staying competitive.

???????????? how? simply how?

Everyone is, but look at the growing impact of China in developing countries and in Europe. If China provides them with a quality product than US at that too at lower price tag, there would be no reason to go for an equilent costlier US product
So Russia has an option to increase its number and thus bleed more for staying competitive.

Can China provide something as competitive as F 22? I think it will take atleast a decade for the J 20 to prove itself and iron out all the production and reliability issues. By that time the F 35 and PAK-FA would have entered the export scenario.

Remember. Russia and US hold more strategic grounds and energy resources than China has right now. So J 20 sales pitch to Europe is kinda far fetched right now. And China has not yet declared J 20 is for sale!

Can China provide something as competitive as F 22? I think it will take atleast a decade for the J 20 to prove itself and iron out all the production and reliability issues. By that time the F 35 and PAK-FA would have entered the export scenario.

Remember. Russia and US hold more strategic grounds and energy resources than China has right now. So J 20 sales pitch to Europe is kinda far fetched right now. And China has not yet declared J 20 is for sale!

Please leave the PAK-FA out of this unless you want a flame war. We Chinese have a very very low opinion of the T-50.

By the way, it is pretty established now that J-20 does not use Russian engine, and certainly will not use Russian engines in future.

^^^You want to leave PAK FA out of a debate concerning the FGFA? Are you high? I dont think the Russians give a rats @$$ about that you think
And all he was trying to say is China selling arms to European countries will adversely affect the Europeans..
Considering the amount of Economic muscle the USA and China can flex

Back
Top Bottom