What's new

Farnborough 2010: Air Tractor starts production of AT-802U COIN aircraft

A-37 Dragonfly would also be a good one since pakistan operates T-37 Tweets for trainers.

A-37B%20Dragonfly%20%23605%20Chile.jpg

I like everything about this aircraft with one exception.

The good: These aircraft are ultra-rugged, and ultra-simple. Derived from crop-sprayers, they are designed to fly, refuel, fly more, over and over, with almost zero maintenance.

They can carry a heavy load. The wing area is large, lots of lift, maneuverable at slow speeds.

My problem? The canopy arrangement frankly sucks. Those heavy bars limit visibility. Remove the clunker canopy and replace it with a proper bubble canopy, and I'd be on board.

COIN/observation aircraft need a canopy like the OV-10 Bronco, or that Pucara. The OV-10 was a brilliant aircraft ahead of its time. In the 1960's, COIN was in the future. Observation was needed, and it fulfilled that role well, but light attack was not a player in Vietnam, and when it was, it was done mostly by the A1 skyraider.

Apparently, they could stuff several soldiers or paratroops in the rear of this thing for either insertion, or evacuation! Must have been tight.

gov10.jpg

Wt a balanced Air Craft.............Its nt easy to design

A-37 Dragonfly would also be a good one since pakistan operates T-37 Tweets for trainers.

A-37B%20Dragonfly%20%23605%20Chile.jpg

A-37 is the advance version of T-37.
Its airframe is more stronger and few more advance feaures.

A-37 is the advance version of T-37.
Its airframe is more stronger and few more advance feaures.

Yep it would be great from a pilots perspective since it is pretty much a T-37 setup for light attack.

Yep it would be great from a pilots perspective since it is pretty much a T-37 setup for light attack.

according to my info, the production-line is closed at Cessna.

i hope it is not us,,
PA can meet any such requirment from the Mushaq

i will be ridicules if we are getting turbo props from US while the indians are getting th F-18z

regards!

Indians are paying for it. If you had the money, you might get the F-18z too. These AC's are excellent for your western front, which is the only real threat as of now.

according to my info, the production-line is closed at Cessna.

Couldn't PAF just use the new F-16s for attack roles ? That is what Turkey does. We use LANTIRN equipped ones for night attacks on the PKK with AGM-65G Maverick,GBU-10 and GBU-12 LGBs. Just use UAVs for Intel. A COIN aircraft would be great but i think the F-16s/UAV could fill that role easily.

Couldn't PAF just use the new F-16s for attack roles ? That is what Turkey does. We use LANTIRN equipped ones for night attacks on the PKK with AGM-65G Maverick,GBU-10 and GBU-12 LGBs. Just use UAVs for Intel. A COIN aircraft would be great but i think the F-16s/UAV could fill that role easily.

PAF has already been doing Laser Guided attacks on Taliban positions, but it was lacking night attack capability, which now with induction of Blk 52s and new Sniper pods has been taken care of.

Here see some of the guided attacks on Taliban positions:

Last edited by a moderator:

so does the PAF -

TK>>>the blast and plume indicates that the airforce was using their 500IB ers on these targets.

From what i heard they even used the heavier ones also in some cases depending on the target to be hit.

Back
Top Bottom