What's new

Farewell To The Fantan

Goodbye big boy & Thanks for your help in our defense we wont forget you !

A-5PICTURE3.jpg

I think PAF should give these birds to Engineering Universities that they can get their students to study it.

Goodbye big boy & Thanks for your help in our defense we wont forget you !

A-5PICTURE3.jpg

I think PAF should give these birds to Engineering Universities that they can get their students to study it.

I think they would end up as monuments and show pieces on famous public places as other past planes did.

We don't even many freed up spaces to put these planes as monuments with every ground or open space have many Ad Boards making whole Pakistan look ugly.

Good old A-5 has served Pakistan well.

Fare well to A-5's a service well given... but what will happen to the stored ones?

tahnks to him . i always wonder how it can carry nuke? as per some sources it can.

tahnks to him . i always wonder how it can carry nuke? as per some sources it can.

Only a limited number of these aircrafts designated Q-5 were built for PLAAF to perform the nuclear strike role, however in the PAF, it served in tactical attack squadrons equipped with some specialized weapons.

A5.jpg

it was always rumoured that the A-5 was capable of carrying nukes and that the A-5 pilots trained for the 'toss method' of delivering a nuke device!

Sionara .... FAN-TAN....

May be these planes should be donated - for other friendly nations for their research and development on engines etc and other parts of planes

So 40 A5s have been retired...but we don't have 40 JF-17s yet? So there seems to be a net shortage of fighters in the North-West

So 40 A5s have been retired...but we don't have 40 JF-17s yet? So there seems to be a net shortage of fighters in the North-West
Although Sir Fatman is in a better position to comment on this, however in certain scenarios one aircraft can perform the task of three others.
For example, an A-5 could carry 4000 pounds of ordnance, where as the F-16 can perform the same task with a 12000 pound load, with reputed theoretical limit of 17000.

Sionara .... FAN-TAN....

May be these planes should be donated - for other friendly nations for their research and development on engines etc and other parts of planes
:lol: lets just keep it to first part, I dont think anyone will be willing to research a half century old design. A-5 already had massive up gradation over Mig-19. Srilankans will be very happy to have this squadron of these Ground attack capable boys

Back
Top Bottom