What's new

Facts a Day

There are weird similarities between Abraham Lincoln and John F. Kennedy.

Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846. John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.
Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860. John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.
Both were shot in the back of the head in the presence of their wives.
Both wives lost their children while living in the White House.
Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.
Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy.
Both were succeeded by Southerners named Johnson.
Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808. Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.
Lincoln was shot in the Ford Theatre. Kennedy was shot in a Lincoln, made by Ford.
Lincoln was shot in a theater and his assassin ran and hid in a warehouse. Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and his assassin ran and hid in a theater.
Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their trials.

Its 3.28 Feet per meter and not 3.3.
Even a millimeter can ruin your life...
Let me tell you how:

when the (then) world famous Petronas tower was in construction in Kuala lumpur the following happened:

Hope you people understand the gravity of such fault lines in building or elsewhere.

If it comes to ball bearings, the tolerance limit is zero mm.

1 metre = 3.2808399 feet if you wanna be really precise.

I know where you're coming from.

China Airlines Flight 006 met with an accident by pushing the flight envelope by the load factor of 0.0001 but so much precision is useless when you're talking about how further can your heart push your blood in the air.

Plus I don't like feet/inches/lbs and so on! Stupid Imperial units!! Americans are so adamant on this outdated system :/

Plus I don't like feet/inches/lbs and so on! Stupid Imperial units!! Americans are so adamant on this outdated system :/

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/240558-facts-day-20.html#ixzz2OZNQ9Hed

And in the same vein, whats wrong with Indians to still stick with lakhs and crores which global citizens dont understand.
Hell, even Pakistan changed to millions. And it was Pakistan which started the color TV first, then came India.
So, why are Indians adamant about their adamant/outdated system?

BTW, Feet/inches/Lbs is a British measurement unit and not American who work with metric system.

crap !!!!!

i found a pic

goldenpoopREUP.jpeg

:lol: :rofl: :omghaha: it looks disgusting !!!!!!
:rofl::rofl: i died laughing

A Thai woman accidentally slipped on "farmyard mud," grabbed a naked live wire and got electrocuted to death. After the funeral, her sister was showing her neighbors how the accident happened when she herself slipped, grabbed the same live wire and also got electrocuted to death.

In order to make one pound of beeswax, the bees must collectively fly 150,000 miles, or roughly 6x around the Earth, to gather the required amount of materials.

Back
Top Bottom