What's new

F16 ARE NO GOOD AGAINST THE US AIR FORCE

mate, mki can act as mini awac. It reserve many advantages over jf-17. Many pakistani members accepted comparing both jf-17 and mki is unfair. Tell me from whom we need to get certified our mki as 4.5 gen.

Oh dear God mini AWACS thing again????
All it is, is a fighter with a large radar and datalink, by that measure F-15 with An/APG-63 can also act as a mini awacs, hell even JFT can act as a very mini awacs relaying data to other fighter via datalink.....

it is nothing unique to MKI, nothing that classes it as a 4.5 gen fighter.
Also remember that the BARS is limited to 200km track and 350km search..... not to mention there is no way in hell it can defeat the purpose of an AWACS, a dedicated aircraft with a larger more powerful radar and dedicated crew.

IAF must have been mad to by AWACS aircraft when they already have hundreds upon hundreds of mini awacs!

here is a link you should see... put 2 and 2 together, hopefully it will help clarify what I mean when I say that it cannot be classed as a 4.5 gen yet.

Fighter aircraft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and as for MKI vs JF-17.... well lets see, why not debate this with me mate?
I've said that with SD-10B and AWACS, MKI can be shot down and in certain scenarios, rather ranges of engagement MKI can be shot down without AWACS support.

man, I wish PAF would release those HUD videos of MKI, perhaps they will remove the cloak of invincibility you've shrouded MKI in.

but anyway you have the floor, please prove me wrong....

lol.. nevr underestimate ur opponent...
let the JF 17 blk 2 come out thn u will definitely c some nightmares..

First..put the JF17 in some war game, evaluate and then compare. With what specification JF17 is having, it can be compared to the upgraded Mig 21 Bison Versions and at max Mirage fighters in IAF. Su 30 MKI comes in the league of top 5 operational fighters in the world. Respect the fact.

Oh dear God mini AWACS thing again????
All it is, is a fighter with a large radar and datalink, by that measure F-15 with An/APG-63 can also act as a mini awacs, hell even JFT can act as a very mini awacs relaying data to other fighter via datalink.....

it is nothing unique to MKI, nothing that classes it as a 4.5 gen fighter.
Also remember that the BARS is limited to 200km track and 350km search..... not to mention there is no way in hell it can defeat the purpose of an AWACS, a dedicated aircraft with a larger more powerful radar and dedicated crew.

IAF must have been mad to by AWACS aircraft when they already have hundreds upon hundreds of mini awacs!

here is a link you should see... put 2 and 2 together, hopefully it will help clarify what I mean when I say that it cannot be classed as a 4.5 gen yet.

Fighter aircraft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and as for MKI vs JF-17.... well lets see, why not debate this with me mate?
I've said that with SD-10B and AWACS, MKI can be shot down and in certain scenarios, rather ranges of engagement MKI can be shot down without AWACS support.

man, I wish PAF would release those HUD videos of MKI, perhaps they will remove the cloak of invincibility you've shrouded MKI in.

but anyway you have the floor, please prove me wrong....

i agree with you.. SU 30 MKI iz not a stealthy 5th gen fighter which can not be detected by radar.. lyk i posted before tht it wuld be difficult to detect it coz of itz lower RCS but once it is in the radar thn it wont say tht em 4.5++ gen fighter so u can not shoot me.. :P
remember our JF 17s are BVR capable n r connected to KARAKORAM EAGLE ..

First..put the JF17 in some war game, evaluate and then compare. With what specification JF17 is having, it can be compared to the upgraded Mig 21 Bison Versions and at max Mirage fighters in IAF. Su 30 MKI comes in the league of top 5 operational fighters in the world. Respect the fact.

i do respect the fact... and the fact is MKI is not a 5th gen fighter.. lower RCS is not going to make it invisible all the tym in radar... TVC wont save it frm couple of SD-10s.. long range radar wont help MKI every tym to shoot first.. u must respect the fact

above any one of these?
F-18E?
F-15E/K/S/SA/SG/I??
F-22?
Euro fighter?
Dassault Rafale?
Su-35S?

Not going to mention F-16E/I, it's subject to debate....

i do respect the fact... and the fact is MKI is not a 5th gen fighter.. lower RCS is not going to make it invisible all the tym in radar... TVC wont save it frm couple of SD-10s.. long range radar wont help MKI every tym to shoot first.. u must respect the fact

If you try to judge the ability of a fish to climb up the tree, well that's not gonna happen. be happy at least you have PDF to prove the JF17 comparable to Raptor :bunny: Happy now

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

above any one of these?
F-18E?
F-15E/K/S/SA/SG/I??
F-22?
Euro fighter?
Dassault Rafale?
Su-35S?

Not going to mention F-16E/I, it's subject to debate....

For me the TOP 5 are:
Raptor,
Eurofighter,
Rafael,
Sukhoi 35
Sukhoi30 Mki

For me the TOP 5 are:
Raptor,
Eurofighter,
Rafael,
Sukhoi 35
Sukhoi30 Mki

I see.... so as per you.... F-15E variants and F-18 super hornet are inferior or this just your opinion, because if it is, kindly don't imply that you'd be forcing this opinion on others....

I see.... so as per you.... F-15E variants and F-18 super hornet are inferior or this just your opinion, because if it is, kindly don't imply that you'd be forcing this opinion on others....

I am going by the MMRCA evaluations, and different Air force exercises in which IAF participated with Rafael and Eurofighter. F16 and F18 suits US purpose, not for IAF so we rejected them. As of today, you can not compare the SU 30 Mki with any of the inventory in PAF arsenal. Till then PDF is your only help.

I am going by the MMRCA evaluations, and different Air force exercises in which IAF participated with Rafael and Eurofighter. F16 and F18 suits US purpose, not for IAF so we rejected them. As of today, you can not compare the SU 30 Mki with any of the inventory in PAF arsenal. Till then PDF is your only help.

lol haha! forget what suits Indian airforce you were openly comparing them.... don't try to change the matter at hand mate....
Just admit that you were wrong about the top 5 comment....

:lol:

lol haha! forget what suits Indian airforce you were openly comparing them.... don't try to change the matter at hand mate....
Just admit that you were wrong about the top 5 comment....

:lol:

Top 5 is something that can only be proven in WAR. So have you own top 5 and let me have the liberty of having mine. Anyway..the point I made was clear, the JF17 may be good but not against Su30 Mki.
And with the Rafael/ EF in IAF arsenal by 2015, it will be a nightmare for Pakistan and in PDF also. Well then you guys might prove in PDF the JF17 even better than Rafael/EF.:yahoo:

I didn't bother watching the clip.

But this is true. Pakistan Air Force's F-16s, even the Block 52s, cannot fight USAF. The best weapon against our F-16s isin't F-22, but USAF F-16, as it will be shown in green or 'friendly' and our pilots cannot lock a missile on it. Be Aim-9 or Aim-120.

As for the USAF, our F-16s would be Red, and shown as 'enemies', hence they can shoot us down from long way.

The US have programmed the F-16s in this way, before delivery, and to get rid of this, we need to spend extra billions to change the computers as the Turkish Air Force did. This isin't economical for Pakistan Air Force to do, especially when the only targets for our F-16s are IAF jets. Not the Sukhois, the JF-17 can shoot them out working out on its low RCS than a Su-30.

In short, the JF-17 and/or J-10B with SD-10 might be able to stand some chances against USAF.

Looking on the timeline and logic, PAF's F-16s are enough today to tackle IAF. So why are we getting those extra 50 thunders in emergency? Did the think tanks figure that out? Anyways Panetta has said it way long back, that Pakistan is going to be the next war-front of NATO. Looking on that, he is soon going toget power, PAF might have rushed for JF-17s. Current prototype is tested on SD-10 and new radar. It got a green signal and now can use the SD-10.

The situation is somewhat akin to the Falkland war when the RAF could not detect the incoming Argentine Super Etendards till they launched the Exocets which sank the British destroyer HMS Sheffield. Subsequent investigations showed that the Super Etendards being of French origin did not show up as hostile on British radars and so were not fired at by the British.

All Pakistan has to do is reconfigure the IFF abroad its F-16s. Whether they can do this on their own or not is the question as the US is certainly not going to help. Once reconfigured, this 'green' and 'red' problem will go away.

Back
Top Bottom