F-16 Thread

Who would u go for:

• F-16

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • J-10

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I already corrected my claim in post #25.
Thanks for the article though! :thumbsup:

Imho, the nineties were bad, probably the darkest decade in our history.
But without the US sanctions we would not have developped the JF-17.

Consider glass half epplty!;)

RAPTOR said:
are you an indian?

The Mirage 4000 was developed for Saudi Arabia in the early 80's by Dassault. They refused it and bought the F-15 instead.

No im not an Indian, Im pakistani alhamdulillah. I live in melboure so last night i went to an indian restaurant with my friends.

India did select Mirage 4000 twin engine AC, as it has got all the necessary avionics india wants.

Neo said:
Mel, what magazine was that, could you please post a scanned copy or provide a link if its avaiable on the net?
Thanks!

I will try to get that magazine from that indian restaurant.:thumbsup:

melb4aust said:

i wouldnt really bother, and i wouldnt even trust anything coming out of an "indian" magazine. Just go to the Dassault website or Janes.

Neo said:
I already corrected my claim in post #25.
Thanks for the article though! :thumbsup:

Imho, the nineties were bad, probably the darkest decade in our history.
But without the US sanctions we would not have developped the JF-17.

Consider glass half epplty!;)

Yeah youre right, a Big bonus of the sanctions was the development of the JF-17 and Pakistan's Missile Program.:thumbsup:

Neo said:
I'm well aware of financial aid from the ME, its common knowledge that first batch of 6 F-16's was funded with Saudi money.
PAF did ask for the E-3A Sentury AWACS but could you provide a source about E-2C being offered?
We would have taken anything at that time, seems unlogic to me that PAF would reject it!

Back in the eighties, high military expenditures were already a burden on our treasury, buyimg two different types simultaniously would not be the problem but the high operational costs would cripple the economy and minimised the purchse of new spares and subsystems for existing fleet.
Pak economy grew rapidly once the USAID started to pour into the sountry, as result we ordered 71 F-16's in 1988.

Yeah i'll try to locate that news article and post it on here regarding the Sentry's and the offer of 7 E-2 Hawkeyes in 1986. What happened was that the indians caught a wind of it through the jewish lobby on the Capitol and got worried. Had the US sold Pakistan the 4 E-3 Sentry AWACS......Pakistan would be the ONLY country in Asia at that time to operate an AWACS system. So......******** as usual raised a hue and cry through the jewish lobby in D.C and Congress didnt approve it and instead the Hawkeyes were offered instead, which PAF rejected and that was really stupid of them to do that!

Well that happenend in the past, talk about now and future, i guess we are gettng away from the topic as well.

Now the question is how long do we have to wait to see those F-16's and J-10's in our skies. I cant wait for sure......:banana2:

The SAF is upgrading all out their 96 Torndoes to the "GR4 Multirole" varient along with the purchase of the Typhoons. The GR4 standards provides a greater fighter and ground attack plane, helmet mouted sights latest weapon layouts like the Storm Shadow, Asraams WVR, and AIM-120, and improved defensive aids suite.

With the GR4 upgrade it basically turns it into a heavy weight, true mutirole warplane simliar to a F15E in terms of performance. Imho it should out perform the downgraded F15S series. :thumbsup: :cool:

melb4aust said:
Well that happenend in the past, talk about now and future, i guess we are gettng away from the topic as well.

Now the question is how long do we have to wait to see those F-16's and J-10's in our skies. I cant wait for sure......:banana2:

Pakistan has ordered 60 MLU kits so i am sure we shall get all the 2nd hand F-16 late 2006 and some where early 2007 as for the new F-16 even if they are configured in a different way PAF shall get them all before the end of 2008 as for the J-10 hummmmm i think we shall have em all by 2009 coz i have heard that its a pretty modified version of the J-10 especially in the case of electronics and rader besides that south africa and pakistan are working on joint ventures these days so i am damn sure we might be locally producing the entire Danial Darter series on our jets so all's cool i still wish PAF includes some more 2nd hand F-16's perhaps block 30 or 40 in its fleet and give em MLU's besides PAF should also get some F-16's for the NAVY armed with harpoon block 2's:thumbsup: now that would give the indian carrier group an *** wooping lol...:cheesy:

hope i answered all ur questions melb4aust vbmenu_register("postmenu_9794", true);

Best of the Best said:
Pakistan has ordered 60 MLU kits so i am sure we shall get all the 2nd hand F-16 late 2006 and some where early 2007 as for the new F-16 even if they are configured in a different way PAF shall get them all before the end of 2008 as for the J-10 hummmmm i think we shall have em all by 2009 coz i have heard that its a pretty modified version of the J-10 especially in the case of electronics and rader besides that south africa and pakistan are working on joint ventures these days so i am damn sure we might be locally producing the entire Danial Darter series on our jets so all's cool i still wish PAF includes some more 2nd hand F-16's perhaps block 30 or 40 in its fleet and give em MLU's besides PAF should also get some F-16's for the NAVY armed with harpoon block 2's:thumbsup: now that would give the indian carrier group an *** wooping lol...:cheesy:

hope i answered all ur questions melb4aust vbmenu_register("postmenu_9794", true);

Yeah man I agree with you. Also dont forget the thunder are coming which will be enough to deal with everything in the IAF accept the MKI. There were rumors floating around at the Pakistan military consorption that Pakistan is having talks with British Selex for there new light weight Advanced AESA which migh be for the J-10 but then again thats where the "LIGHT WEIGHT" part comes in, So it might be for the thunder. The F-16 deal is 100% confirmed like it or not where gonna go for alot of vipers.

fa4c5ddcbb04524384257fa179677ebb.jpg

c21a10d571b2a5619a7e653401d1e3d3.jpg

The cockpit and redesign body of the FC-1 with DSI is looking very very sweet. And those words of an AESA light model from the UK is indeed true than hm this may just get a bit more interesting hehe.;)

melb4aust said:

Btw Im pretty much up to date with all the latest technology and news of the aviation world and I dont want to offend anyone here, but the Mirage-4000 is a canceled project back in the 90's after Saudi kingdom rejected it for the F15, which was way to expensive to further develop on their own and a much smaller varient came to be, the "Rafale".

India MRCA project currently stands:

F16
MIG-35 (3-D TVC engine with foreign avionics, the Elta 2052 AESA is optional for the redesigned Mig-29)
F/A-18 E/F
Rafale
Typhoon

MOO said:
http://strategycenter.net/imgLib/20060319_18b.jpg

http://strategycenter.net/imgLib/20060319_18a.jpg

The cockpit and redesign body of the FC-1 with DSI is looking very very sweet. And those words of an AESA light model from the UK is indeed true than hm this may just get a bit more interesting hehe.;)

Btw Im pretty much up to date with all the latest technology and news of the aviation world and I dont want to offend anyone here, but the Mirage-4000 is a canceled project back in the 90's after Saudi kingdom rejected it for the F15, which was way to expensive to further develop on their own and a much smaller varient came to be, the "Rafale".

India MRCA project currently stands:

F16
MIG-35 (3-D TVC engine with foreign avionics, the Elta 2052 AESA is optional for the redesigned Mig-29)
F/A-18 E/F
Rafale
Typhoon

I wouldnt bother with the indian MRCA contract since thunder can handle anything IAF has for e.g MIG-29 and M2K5 and one correction Mig-29 OVT better yet the Mig-35 has been drawn back from the MRCA instead russia is offering the I-2000 a so called 5th-generation fighter jet to india most of u seem to be impressed by 3D TVC well the J-10 PAF is suppose to buy will have TVC engine and contols in it and for those who dont know PAF could also have gone for a TVC engine for the thunder but it didnt so i guess TVC isnt a much big of a deal so chill out guys its all cool and the F-16 and J-10 purchase is supposity a stop gap purchase F-16 are entirely being funded by the U.S and PAF is buying J-10 on a long term credit the real PAF purchase would be after the indian MRCA contract which isnt happening any time soon.:laugh:

I dont consider Mirage-2000 a threat. They are so damn old, (Just to let you know they are nothing more than our F-16 Block 15) So personally i wouldn't consider a threat, they will be more like Mig-21 BISON with the BVR capability.

Zeeshan S. said:
I dont consider Mirage-2000 a threat. They are so damn old, (Just to let you know they are nothing more than our F-16 Block 15) So personally i wouldn't consider a threat, they will be more like Mig-21 BISON with the BVR capability.

With all due respect any jet in a hand of a good pilot is a treat.....in the end its the pilot which makes the differece and the M2K of the IAF have been upgraded and are superiour to our current F-16's in terms of rader...electronic's and weapons.

Best of the Best said:
With all due respect any jet in a hand of a good pilot is a treat.....in the end its the pilot which makes the differece and the M2K of the IAF have been upgraded and are superiour to our current F-16's in terms of rader...electronic's and weapons.

Actualy india still hasnt upgraded any of its Mirage 2000 which are all old and will likely do so in the next 5 years.Our thunder with a superior fighter pilot will probaly shoot down an MKI with a indian pilot who doesnt wanna be in the iaf.The thunder still lacks long range and payload but that can be made up when if we exploit our current situation and get the British selex radar for a small batch of thunders dedicated to air superiority (30-50). A nice name would be the JF-17-PHK (pakistani hindian killer!)

Back
Top Bottom