What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

i think jf 17 thunder will get good reputation and an export break through after induction in plaaf

The Pakistan Air Force will start receiving the improved version of the JF-17 Thunder fighter jet Block II. The Block II Thunder will include newer and improved capabilities including data link and electronic warfare capabilities aerial refuelling, new radar & avionics.

The JF-17 Thunder Block II will also expend its inventory of new generation precision guided weapons including cruise missiles. Pakistan and China are also developing a two-seater version of the JF-17 Thunder.

The deliveries of the Block II Thunder to Pakistan Air Force are scheduled to start from the second half of the 2012 and will continue till 2015. From 2016, JF-17 Thunder Block III will enter into production .

Pakistani Air Chief Marshall Rao Qamar Suleiman has said at the Dubai Air Show, “We offer performance comparable to U.S. and European fighters when it comes to radar, dogfight missile, range and BVR [beyond visual range] capabilities, for one third of the cost.”

The officials of the joint marketing team for the promotion and sale of the JF-17 Thunder has said that at-least five middle eastern countries has shown interest in the JF-17 Thunder and will be test flying the aircraft for in future to experience its performance first hand.

The People's Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF) is also evaluating the FC-1/JF-17 Thunder and will take decision regarding its induction into the service in near future.

EGYPTIAN AIR FORCE 'VERY INTERESTED' IN THE JF-17 THUNDER: EFE AIR CHIEF
1:54 AM MJ QAMAR NO COMMENTS

Commander of the Egyptian Air Force (EFE), Air Marshal Reda Mahmoud Hafez Mohamed has visited the JF-17 Thunder Fighter jet at the static display. The JF-17 Thunder has been developed jointly by the Pakistan and China as an affordable 4th generation aircraft.

Taking to the media personal at the Dubai Air Show, Air Marshal Reda Mahmoud Hafez Mohamed has said that Egyptian Air Force is 'very interested' in the JF-17 Thunder and one of the EFE pilot has already flown on the flight simulator.

Last year, Janes Defence Weekly had reported that the Egyptian Air Force is closely following the development of the JF-17 Thunder and has launched negotiations with Pakistan & China to discuss the the possibility of licensed production of light weight fighter jet in Egypt.

Egyptian Air Force already operates K-8 Karakorum intermediate jet trainer which was also jointly develoed by the Pakistan and China.Pakistan Air Force is looking to induct over 250 JF-17 Thunders to replace their ageing fleet of A-5s, F-7 P/MP and Mirages.

hey guys , thanks naseem shah for your post
is there any confirmed news about a sale to Egypt or even not confirmed but recent news something 2013 i am so exited to see the jf-17 in Egypt

sir,

level of dissatisfaction depends on what timeline you perceive it was developed from, If you want the traditional Indian media rhetoric, which loves to endorse foreign maal, the timeline publicized is of 1983, till 91, India was almost bankrupt economy, not a single dime came for LCA or a machine for ADA was bought. The timeline that I am aware of started on Jan of 1994; and even by that date of inception I closely agree to what you say.

Sir i think Pakistan economy is not at a good stage and still we manage to make this bird which was started after you and has been given operational clearance so what are you saying bro i am not disrespectful to LCA but i do think the time it has taken and still not a single sqd ready HAL is the which has insulted LCA

sir,

level of dissatisfaction depends on what timeline you perceive it was developed from, If you want the traditional Indian media rhetoric, which loves to endorse foreign maal, the timeline publicized is of 1983, till 91, India was almost bankrupt economy, not a single dime came for LCA or a machine for ADA was bought. The timeline that I am aware of started on Jan of 1994; and even by that date of inception I closely agree to what you say.

Sir i think Pakistan economy is not at a good stage and still we manage to make this bird which was started after you and has been given operational clearance so what are you saying bro i am not disrespectful to LCA but i do think the time it has taken and still not a single sqd ready HAL is the which has insulted LCA

is there any confirmed news about a sale to Egypt or even not confirmed but recent news something 2013 i am so exited to see the jf-17 in Egypt
Lets hope brother i would love to see JFT's in EAF also

Lets hope brother i would love to see JFT's in EAF also

Not Yet. I believe PAF is engaged in fulfilling its requirements First, secondly EAF might be looking for a large scale purchase that too Block II and beyond. Lastly there are internal problems in Egypt.

EAF did show interest in initially 48 JF-17s we don't know what was China's decision/reaction but my personal view is China sales of F-7s BGI and 7-10 F-7s to another Nation is A bad dirty marketing based upon getting quick cash opportunity. They should have stopped all F-7 sales and limited the support and only offered FC-1/JF-17 even so with RD-93 Engines from Russia.

EAF did show interest in initially 48 JF-17s we don't know what was China's decision/reaction but my personal view is China sales of F-7s BGI and 7-10 F-7s to another Nation is A bad dirty marketing based upon getting quick cash opportunity. They should have stopped all F-7 sales and limited the support and only offered FC-1/JF-17 even so with RD-93 Engines from Russia.

There is an article from some airshow last year with an AVIC official saying they talked some African country away from FC-1 to F-7s!

There is an article from some airshow last year with an AVIC official saying they talked some African country away from FC-1 to F-7s!

Not sure why China cannot fulfill by manufacturing FC-1 in its Plant/Factory with offer of RD-93 and later replacement with WS. Lastly China needs to let it go stop F-7 manufacturing and sales.

Source? I don't think China would do that, and if they did, there must be a better reason that quick cash.

Source? I don't think China would do that, and if they did, there must be a better reason that quick cash.

Here buddy: Aticle by Alan Warnes's from the Dubai Show in November 2011

igPpBgk.jpg

Not Yet. I believe PAF is engaged in fulfilling its requirements First, secondly EAF might be looking for a large scale purchase that too Block II and beyond. Lastly there are internal problems in Egypt.

I think you are wrong!

Selling F-7s is a different thing from JF-17. Some countries cannot afford buying JF-17. the price of one JF-17 is equivalent to three J-7s. There is nothing "DIRTY" here as you said

Also until now the sale of JF-17 still have the engine obstacles to tackle. Correct? So countries would not bet on the clearance of the obstacles for their decisions.

Here buddy: Aticle by Alan Warnes's from the Dubai Show in November 2011

igPpBgk.jpg

1. Where is the link to the source?
2. The statement has clearly explained the problem with the purchasing country.
You cant drive a Formula 1 or 2 race car before you have a driver's licence
Both the people from both China and Pakistan participated in the discussion

1. Where is the link to the source?
2. The statement has clearly explained the problem with the purchasing country.
You cant drive a Formula 1 or 2 race car before you have a driver's licence
Both the people from both China and Pakistan participated in the discussion

Ans 1: Login | AirForces Daily

Ans 2: i thought the whole idea of modern digital cockpits and FBW and computerisation was to reduce workload for pilot and make the planes easier to operate? ... ... i.e. the engineers do more at design and buil and reduce operating effort for both pilot and ground crew!

Ans 1: Login | AirForces Daily

Ans 2: i thought the whole idea of modern digital cockpits and FBW and computerisation was to reduce workload for pilot and make the planes easier to operate? ... ... i.e. the engineers do more at design and buil and reduce operating effort for both pilot and ground crew!

1. it requires a login and I am not preparing to register, yet
2. true but it makes a hell of difference driving a formula one to a honda civic no matter how the race car is simplified

I think you are wrong!
Selling F-7s is a different thing from JF-17. Some countries cannot afford buying JF-17. the price of one JF-17 is equivalent to three J-7s. There is nothing "DIRTY" here as you said

Also until now the sale of JF-17 still have the engine obstacles to tackle. Correct? So countries would not bet on the clearance of the obstacles for their decisions.

I'm still Correct you guys need to let F-7 go its 2013 think different don't run for a 10m-50m cash, show the best you've got not selling around vintage. Gripen has been sold with US Engines to Thailand, South Africa, Hungry, Czech Republic. If Pakistan can buy and use RD-93 so can other countries it would be beneficial to Russia. When you say russians are your best allies and they've even offered SU-35 so what is so wrong about purchasing RD-93, russians would be glad to furnish the orders.

Price of F-7 is at 10m [F-7BGI]. Even Angola flys su-27 did you know? so russians have no problem exporting RD-93 to those interested in FC-1 you can sell it with downgraded avionics according to their requirements still it would surpass F-7s in all Areas. After all a basic FC-1 cost 15m they are not going to die paying 5m more for a over all better Aircraft.

I'm still Correct you guys need to let F-7 go its 2013 think different don't run for a 10m-50m cash, show the best you've got not selling around vintage. Gripen has been sold with US Engines to Thailand, South Africa, Hungry, Czech Republic. If Pakistan can buy and use RD-93 so can other countries it would be beneficial to Russia. When you say russians are your best allies and they've even offered SU-35 so what is so wrong about purchasing RD-93, russians would be glad to furnish the orders.

Price of F-7 is at 10m [F-7BGI]. Even Angola flys su-27 did you know? so russians have no problem exporting RD-93 to those interested in FC-1 you can sell it with downgraded avionics according to their requirements still it would surpass F-7s in all Areas. After all a basic FC-1 cost 15m they are not going to die paying 5m more for a over all better Aircraft.

With All this its clear that FC-1/JF-17 is Chinese plane and PAK has nothing Say in it. More the advance the plane is more care /maintenance required.

When India brought Mirage , French asked us to build special Shelter to protect it from Sun/heat or else they wont sell mirages.

Back
Top Bottom