What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

most likely Srilanka but that purchase wont be more then 7 fighters.
To start with even 7 is not bad its about the first order only when that materializes there are plenty other customers looking for quality lethal planes at reasonable price .

SMT's or Flankers (which is actually the plane our pilots want), both of which are in the same price range. I would guess there's some TOT deal or strategic considerations if it is us getting the JF-17.

Or maybe Chinese financing.
Has to do with having no money and making sure Myanmar takes up a loan from China to finance this purchase.

New Flankers are definitely upwards of 50 million USD

The base SU-27 is about 35mil I think. The SMT has to be around there.

Since 30m seems peanuts to you, why don't you buy Flankers?

Complete opposite. At 30mil a pop, it's a big risk being the first export customer of an untested plane. Chinese influence and financing and TOT has to be part of the deal. If it's true.

We also sold APCs and tanks to Nigerians .. Did anybody know about tht ? Till a ship was stopped by the Saudis which was carrying the equipment to Nigeria from Pak..

And that's just one example.
Why the hell did the Saudis stop the shipment??

Bangladesh , Srilanka are the only two viable option as they are already using our k8 and other military hardware made by heavy industries taxilla
with the attitude of Hasina I dont find that likely that we will ever enter in a trade deal with Bangladesh

Definitely not Bangladesh.
hope not

I think the one order by Myanmar will be using WS-13 Chinese engine which is a major reason for securing the first export.
How come Pakistan hasn't installed the WS-13 on Pakistani JF-17's?? Also what are the improvements of WS-13 over RD-93??

that map,,,Pakistan, where it wishes to be :D
edit:-changed map,,,last one was funny
on topic-congrats Pakistan
@asad71 opinion :D
The map showed Pakistan in the middle east, when Pakistan is a South Asian nation. I think it's pretty clear now that Pakistanis have no desire to be Arabised, especially after the insult Pakistan suffered.

Why don't you petition your govt and stop it before it's too late?
Hi,
Petition :rofl:
Last i checked this place was run by Junta which was in sanctions for poor Human right records and all, it's just recently after US pivot to Asia that US had to put up with them, otherwise they were more or less of North Korea , Actually they still are

Back
Top Bottom