What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

B'desh is wisely going for more Mig29s since JFs hardly bring any new capabilities to the table .
Africa would be best place for seeking buyer for this Sino-Pak endeavour. Any country which has had taste of any 4th gen fighter would not touch JFs.
Chinese should induct at least a sqadran of JFs to boast the figter's image since full hearted pakistani endrosment of the plane hasn't help in the finding buyer for the fighter.

As per 2007 DIA intelligence reports, china may end up building 1200 J-10 total, to replace ALL
J-7 (450), J-8 (200), A-5 (350), in service.

the figure for J-7 runs in the 1000's. F-6 also the same.

your mail is 'astonishing' - your claims are 'astonishing' - you are 'astonishing'

going by your utterly illogical logic why does india need the LCA when it has the SU-30MKK or the Rafale

Because we cannot afford to have 400 Rafales with a $40 bil budget But Chinese can with their $150+ bil budget. As simple as that.

Because we cannot afford to have 400 Rafales with a $40 bil budget But Chinese can with their $150+ bil budget. As simple as that.

A US$ 150 Billion budget do not mean you don't need to use your brain while out shopping!!
China may or may not buy it, i always fail to understand whats the big fuss about it??

Why are so many people are worried?
The role of JFT and its capabilities and services for PAF are proved when you look at PAF intentions of going on with the program with FC20 also an option.

A few years back, I remember an Indian campaign claiming that JFT project will be stopped since PAF no have an option of J-10 that is FAR MORE capable.. this didn’t happened!!
Then a few months back there was a same debate in multiple threads claiming that why should PAF go for J10 when it have an EQUALLY CAPABLE JF-17.. strangely, the most concerned peoples in this debate were our eastern neighbors!
Now this…

JFT is a very capable fighter jet, and most importantly, it have all the space and room, available for upgradation and modifications this means it can be kept up-to-date for decades to come!!
we are happy with it, we are getting it!!

China getting JFT or not is purely a matter of there doctrine and requirement and have nothing to do with the capability ..

i am not being able to understand this thing that PAF should not go for J10 as JFT and J10 are all the same and China will not go for JFT not because it have J10 but because it is ages apart from J10!!
well, in doing so, it was at least good to see some realty check from Indians recognizing at least J10!!
:lol:

A US$ 150 Billion budget do not mean you don't need to use your brain while out shopping!!
China may or may not buy it, i always fail to understand whats the big fuss about it??

Why are so many people are worried?
The role of JFT and its capabilities and services for PAF are proved when you look at PAF intentions of going on with the program with FC20 also an option.

A few years back, I remember an Indian campaign claiming that JFT project will be stopped since PAF no have an option of J-10 that is FAR MORE capable.. this didn’t happened!!
Then a few months back there was a same debate in multiple threads claiming that why should PAF go for J10 when it have an EQUALLY CAPABLE JF-17.. strangely, the most concerned peoples in this debate were our eastern neighbors!
Now this…

JFT is a very capable fighter jet, and most importantly, it have all the space and room, available for upgradation and modifications this means it can be kept up-to-date for decades to come!!
we are happy with it, we are getting it!!

China getting JFT or not is purely a matter of there doctrine and requirement and have nothing to do with the capability ..

i am not being able to understand this thing that PAF should not go for J10 as JFT and J10 are all the same and China will not go for JFT not because it have J10 but because it is ages apart from J10!!
well, in doing so, it was at least good to see some realty check from Indians recognizing at least J10!!
:lol:

My post was a reply to Fatman for his question on why India needs LCA when we have Rafale and SU 30. Not why China needs JF 17.

Seriously , I do not understand the Indian obsession with China inducting JFT ... How does it become a MUST for other nations to buy the plane ? ... Isn't it enough that Pakistan which joint ventured for the plane has already put 3 squadrons in operational service and plans to induct a total of 150+ JFT ? :azn:

Seriously , I do not understand the Indian obsession with China inducting JFT ... How does it become a MUST for other nations to buy the plane ? ... Isn't it enough that Pakistan which joint ventured for the plane has already put 3 squadrons in operational service and plans to induct a total of 150+ JFT ? :azn:

This obsession is same to Pathan obsession with "Naswar" ! :lol:

I think I remember this thread is about EXPORT of JF-17.

I think I remember this thread is about EXPORT of JF-17.

Yes it is , and something that your lot needs to be reminded of ... You aren't discussing the export potential of JFT , you are rather keen to nitpick on why China isn't inducting the plane and the doctrine of PLAAF :azn:

Yes it is , and something that your lot needs to be reminded of ... You aren't discussing the export potential of JFT , you are rather keen to nitpick on why China isn't inducting the plane and the doctrine of PLAAF :azn:

if you stop responding to trolling you will be fine

their own guy has said something they chose to ignore

JFT is stil useful for small budget air forces who need a 4 generation fighter in decent nos

and then we have some internet Aviation guru few posts above saying countries that have touched 4th gen craft wont touch JF-17
but they have to be offered that plane first and thats not happening for few years anyway.

the entire effort by Indians here is on one point... china has to use the JF-17 to make it worthwhile for rest of the market.. lol as if Pakistan using few hundreds of it doent count when it has to use it against a much larger enemy which it shares its biggest border and has had many conflicts.

the best part which is causing the sleepless nights among the trolls is that this plane has turned out to be far better than what was originally expecting from the plane
and that too for fraction of the costs.

but hey lets stop right here and let the video do the talking. this is really going to burn some behinds

Last edited by a moderator:
MoU Signed With China For JF-17 Export

Pakistan has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with China for the export of JF-17 aircraft, a joint Pak-China venture, Senate’s Standing Committee on Defence Production was informed on Wednesday.

The committee’s in-camera meeting, chaired by Mushahid Hussain Syed, reviewed the functions and performance of the Ministry of Defence Production and its sub-departments. Later, the committee’s chairman had a media talk.

In its briefing to senators, Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT) disowned the defective APC used in Lyari operation. Later, Senator Faisal Abidi explained to media persons that armour-piercing bullets were fired on that APC, killing a number of police officers in Karachi. These steel bullets were under the use of Nato forces engaged in war against terrorism in Afghanistan. He said there was a possibility that outlaws got hands on these steel bullets while plundering the Nato containers. The exterior of the controversial or flawed APC cannot withstand these steel bullets, he said.

The committee has passed two separate resolutions which will be presented in Senate.

Mover of the first resolution, Senator Faratullah Babar informed the media that the committee would pursue the government to give financial and administrative autonomy to Pakistan Ordnance Factories (POF) and Heavy Industries Taxila and other defence institutions which comes under the Ministry of Defence Productions in accordance with their ordinances.

The rules would be amended to add a private member in their boards. To improve the efficiency of defence production, it was necessary that they would be run on public-private partnership basis. “If we want to run these defence institutions on commercial basis, we have to give them financial autonomy,” Senator Babar said.

The committee observed that the public and private shipping companies had not been contacting Karachi Shipyard and Engineering Works for buying any ship. Under the law, it is binding for every shipping company to get ‘First Right of Refusal’ from KSEW which is not being implemented in letter and spirit.

The committee was informed that HIT export stood $31.7 million during last fiscal year. Domestic supply reached worth Rs5.8 billion. The profit of HIT stood at Rs585 million. However, HIT is anticipating a reduction in profit and estimating it will be around Rs340 million during current fiscal year.

Reacting to recent statement by US Defence Secretary Leon Panetta, published in international media, regarding launching operation in North Waziristan Agency, Chairman Committee said that government will not take dictation from anyone on internal matters.(Business Recorder)

MoU Signed With China For JF-17 Export | PakSoldiers

My question to all the people of knowledge here is why Pakistan not being able to attract buyers for a relatively cheap and capable aircraft? They have displayed it at different air shows. People have shown interest but nothing beyond that. why is that?

My question to all the people of knowledge here is why Pakistan not being able to attract buyers for a relatively cheap and capable aircraft? They have displayed it at different air shows. People have shown interest but nothing beyond that. why is that?

its a big commitment and involves a lot of money and resource allocation
not just the aircraft's, but spares, training, support and future relations between producers and the users. governments take time to decide what is best for them and how their relations will shape with the seller.
we ourselves havent bought J-10s yet. India took years to select its MMRCA. Saudis almost dropped Typhoons & might have gone for Rafales (as the story about Yamama deal goes).

so our potential buyers are also going through the same process and there are other alternatives for them as well. so they have the right to evaluate all best possibilities. we are very lucky that this plane turned out so good and far better than our expectations that we decided to pitch it for international sales as well although its an infant in the aviation industry and not even fully inducted in PAF.

consider the current financial issues in the world and the western encouraged "springs" and "freedom" struggles across the globe where we were expecting our potential customers. so cut them some slack and give them some time.
customers dont need any more convincing, we are confident in the craft and they will see that too.

Hi,

It takes a long time to market the air craft---there is technique---there is salesmanship---there is marketing---. Those are for the sales teams to handle---but the question is----is pakistan air force ready to have a foreign buyer for this air craft that it is hanging its hat upon.

B'desh is wisely going for more Mig29s since JFs hardly bring any new capabilities to the table .
Africa would be best place for seeking buyer for this Sino-Pak endeavour. Any country which has had taste of any 4th gen fighter would not touch JFs.
Chinese should induct at least a sqadran of JFs to boast the figter's image since full hearted pakistani endrosment of the plane hasn't help in the finding buyer for the fighter.

Well if Bangladesh thinks it is a wise decision , good luck to them. I do not think that the JFT was available at the time when the Bangladeshi AF made a decision to procure more aircrafts. Your statement regarding other countries not touching JFT is unqualified and demands an explanation. It would tentamount to trolling otherwise.

Your second statement about PAF finding buyers is again more trolling as it is totally unqualified. JFT is a plane in evolution and as yet its manufacturers have internal orders to fulfill. Whether you like it or not JFT is a good plane and it has caught the eye of many countries who will no doubt buy the plane. It will take a little time but it will happen.
Araz

Bhai
Sale of airplanes takes years. We have an internal requirement of 150 planes, that requirement needs to be fulfilled prior to other AFs. Just to give you an example India took well over six years to finalise their MRCA and the final discussions are still on going. Tells you something. we did not have so many options when we went for the F16s in 2002, but the order got finalized in 2006 ad that too for a plane which we knew fairly well. Dont be in such a hurry . These things will invariably take time.
Araz

May be TTP will buy them.

post reported. Cherish your last few hours on this board:wave:
Araz

Back
Top Bottom