What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

well marketing for aircrft is different, and a fact is that they ARE doing it very good...marketing is done by inviting as much as customers you can to see it..and thats what they are doing..but its rare for any aircrft to get orders so early in its life..

The original Chinese article is here: ¡°èÉÁú¡±/JF-17¶þÅú50¼Ü·É»úµÄÄÚóºÏͬǩ¶©_Èý¾üÂÛ̳_¾üÊÂÂÛ̳_ÐÂÀËÍø . Apparently CATIC have placed an order with CAC for 50 x JF-17 IIs. This ties well with the schedule presented in Dubai last November.

A difficult to understand translation using Google says,
“On June 30, the AVIC into fly, with CATIC company in Chengdu, Chengdu signed "OWL" Dragon/JF-17 II, batches of 50 aircraft of domestic contracts. AVIC CAC General Manager Wang Guangya, Director Ji Xiaoguang and CATIC of the Chengdu Ma Zhiping, General Manager of the company signed the contract on behalf of three parties, and expressed the hope that the third party in "Dragon OWL" aircraft on the market development of foreign trade, based on the principle of good faith, win-win, increase strength, solidarity and cooperation, create brilliant foreign trade.

i don't see any massive marketing strategy being adopted by PAC and that is bad!

regards!

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-...r-multirole-fighter-jet-33.html#ixzz22fXhZUFF
For Thunder to be marketed EFFECTIVELY and for a potential BUYER to have complete TRUST in the system, availability of spares and training I THINK the chengdu corporation has to be the MAIN VOICE.

China has been developing fighters and seling them for 3 decades. THEY are TRUSTED and reliable.

PAC is not in this position nor can they PRIOVIDE the gurantees that any buyer would DEMAND

For Thunder to be marketed EFFECTIVELY and for a potential BUYER to have complete TRUST in the system, availability of spares and training I THINK the chengdu corporation has to be the MAIN VOICE.

China has been developing fighters and seling them for 3 decades. THEY are TRUSTED and reliable.

PAC is not in this position nor can they PRIOVIDE the gurantees that any buyer would DEMAND

dont forget its a joint venture just like the Eurofighter is co-produced in three major countries.
they talk as a consortium but one is a leading voice like Germany in some cases and UK in other.

so PAC full fills all the words your wrote in CAPs. the profits will be shared no matter who is the front voice or guarantor or supplier.

dont loose any sleep over it. even if all the training and selling is done by China, PAC will be contibuting its part in the production. and the handsome 50% profit thank you very much. ;)

Matrix

I have suggested as MUCH many months ago.

FOR THUNDER to get international orders CHINA & PLAAF must induct the plane. THIS will give HUGE boost to whole project and the confidence will really rocket

Matrix

I have suggested as MUCH many months ago.

FOR THUNDER to get international orders CHINA & PLAAF must induct the plane.

really? do you think they dont know already? what plane do you think they would use to replace their J-7s?

THIS will give HUGE boost to whole project and the confidence will really rocket

I hope someone from CAC sales and Marketing reads your post and realizes how much potential sales increase they can expect by merely asking "THEIR OWN COUNTY'S" AIR FORCE to buy their product that is way better than the planes that form the bulk of their ageing fleet.

but I see a problem here buddy,
PAC's/ CAC's first customer is going to be PAF only for some years... until its mirages/ A5s and F-7s are not replaced by JF-17s the external orders can wait. such sales are not like grocery sales anyway. they take their time. like we are taking our time with J-10B and IAF is the only other country other than France to go for Rafale.

well marketing for aircrft is different, and a fact is that they ARE doing it very good...marketing is done by inviting as much as customers you can to see it..and thats what they are doing..but its rare for any aircrft to get orders so early in its life..

for now PAF is the current customer.. and they want every single plane rolled out of CAC or PAC.
like I mentioned earlier, purchase of the planes is a delicate and complicated transaction and takes a long time. our Indian commentators seem to forget how long did it take their own country to finalize their MMRCA deal. so other potential customers of JF-17s cant be any different.

the fighter has made good enough appearances in the static and flight displays in major international air-shows including UK, Turkey, China and UAE. so the exposure is there, rest whatever happens in the form of negotiations and requirements is kept behind doors because no country wants its specifications broadcast to "all Internet gurus".

as far as the question or delayed or early sale of a new aircraft is concerned, well the countries that have bought Chinese planes in the past like F-7s dont need much convincing where JF-17 stands. :smokin:

I hope someone from CAC sales and Marketing reads your post and realizes how much potential sales increase they can expect by merely asking "THEIR OWN COUNTY'S" AIR FORCE to buy their product that is way better than the planes that form the bulk of their ageing fleet.

You are right, that a country's air force buying a plane made by that very country is not a big positive endorsement of the product.. However, on the other hand, a country's airforce NOT buying a plane manufactured by the very same country kind of raises the heckles of the prospective buyers, irrespective of the qualities of the product... Imagine what would be your reaction if you saw the CEO of General Motors driving around in a Toyota.. Or for that matter, if USAF had not inducted F 16 ... :)

think about it...and if you dont like my post, just ignore it instead of accusing me of being insane ;)

for now PAF is the current customer.. and they want every single plane rolled out of CAC or PAC.
like I mentioned earlier, purchase of the planes is a delicate and complicated transaction and takes a long time. our Indian commentators seem to forget how long did it take their own country to finalize their MMRCA deal. so other potential customers of JF-17s cant be any different.

the fighter has made good enough appearances in the static and flight displays in major international air-shows including UK, Turkey, China and UAE. so the exposure is there, rest whatever happens in the form of negotiations and requirements is kept behind doors because no country wants its specifications broadcast to "all Internet gurus".

as far as the question or delayed or early sale of a new aircraft is concerned, well the countries that have bought Chinese planes in the past like F-7s dont need much convincing where JF-17 stands. :smokin:

There could also be another reason for the delay, RD-93 and Russian involvement. Perhaps, both Pakistan and China want to market and sell the Jet with Chinese Engine WS-13A? By the way, on wikipedia, it also says that WS-13 is a joint production b/w Pakistan & China and that Pakistan will get complete ToT for the Engine....is that true? That would be excellent news.

Since China has already refused to induct JF17........Sell it to USA and Russia....I am sure they dont have this kind of AC in their entire history :D

Any proof of that or is that just usual Indian BS??

You are right, that a country's air force buying a plane made by that very country is not a big positive endorsement of the product.. However, on the other hand, a country's airforce NOT buying a plane manufactured by the very same country kind of raises the heckles of the prospective buyers,

cant agree more on that

peace :cheers:

russia inducted su-30 in limited numbers...

Yeah bcoz they already had 400+ Flankers in service. One thing to keep in mind before posting,
Su-30 (the original one) was nothing but an improved twin-seat variant of Su-27PG. Russia
doesn't need Su-30 here coz Su-27 is there to fulfill the same role.

Foreign countries bought large numbers of both single-seat Su-27 & twin-seat Su-30, as per their
individual doctrine and requirement, customized variants like MKI came later.

If china were to induct the FC-1 (the original Super-7) into operational service and put the customized
JF-17 for sale, this comment of yours would have made sense. But PLAAF is interested in neither FC-1
or JF-17, they only want more J-10s.

US does not operate F-16 BLK 60

Wrong example, they still operate 1000s of other F-16 variants, blk-60 is not a whole new aircraft,
not the case with JF-17. Would have been the case if china inducts JFT block-1 and puts block-2 and 3
for sale.

F-15 Silent Eagle is not an option for USAF but is a prospect product for exports.

Same wrong example. F-15SE is only an improvement to a platform that was well-proven in USAF,
JF-17 is a platform nowhere in PLAAF service.

really? do you think they dont know already? what plane do you think they would use to replace their J-7s?

The planned replacement of J-7 is the J-10. Large numbers J-7s were phased out in the last couple
of years and some 200 J-10s have arrived to take their place. If JF-17 was to replace the J-7, it should
have been in service by now.

Many PLAAF officers evaluated JF-17, everyone favoured the J-10 over it. It must be remembered
that JF-17 is a budget plane with limited capabilities in several aspects, but with room for
future upgrade, designed for cash-strapped countries with small defence spending.

china now has all the money it needs, they are ready to take the more capable aircraft out of the
two here, albeit at greater cost, and they ain't fools to buy unfavourable aircraft for someone's sake.

Back
Top Bottom