What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

They couldn’t afford the interest on the Rafale at their current stage - the Indians are privately smarting at the fleecing they are enduring for it.

The Kfir is a good jet but maxed at its capacity now so its a hobson’s choice for them but they do like the idea of being able to put their FMA infrastructure that is generally rotting away to good use.
Just a side question, why ate the Indiabs so obsessed with the Rafale when they're clearly getting ripped off.

To be ACC bird main issue will be reducing the weight and percentage of composites will go much higher, under carriage and wings will require modification for ACC ops, also a F-16 Block52+ type backbone will be needed. It will be different bird but a version for ACC is possible.

China will not keep Liaoning ACC for long, as they will go for catapult launch systems, so a training ACC which can also work as fleet protector in open seas is good to have for PN.

China would be better off sending its two ski jump carriers to Djibouti to protect the SLOC in the Arabian Sea/Indian Ocean; between Gwadar and East Africa and between the Mideast and the Straits of Malacca, then selling them. It will also help in “Show The Flag” port visits in the Indian Ocean region.

Also good for keep Pressure on the Indians. Better for Pakistan (and more cost effective) to have a Chinese carrier battle group in the region to check any Indian funny business in the region.
It's worth noting that they're likely taking the JF-17 seriously because, well, they have no other choice.

Sure they can probably get offers from Dassault, but China's probably more willing to play ball on a flexible loan or financing package. In this vein, Argentina has very similar issues to Pakistan.

China can also offer the Argentines an arms package, which they won’t have to fear will be cut in the event hostiles heat up in the region, as the French did with the Exocets just before the falklands war. The British Carrier battle group sailing now to the South China Sea reaffirms the mutual hostilely between China and Britain, so China won’t lose any sleep over offering the latests weapons the JF-17 can carry, especially anti ship missiles

Just a side question, why ate the Indiabs so obsessed with the Rafale when they're clearly getting ripped off.
Because their media and politicians have hyped it up beyond the point of just being a fighter jet. It’s more like a gift from heaven coming to destroy Pakistan for them.
On a more serious note, bribes, it’s been confirmed my multiple sources that there have been bribes involved on both sides of the purchase, which is why they’re so committed to them.

They will forever need these assurances ...
they are a product of false ideology based on racial supremacy of sorts
All it takes is a look in the mirror to realize that fallacy.

alt text
"Combat Proven" the "Kill Mark" of this JF-17 accounts for a downing of an IAF Su-30MKI, which probably occurred in February 2019, which speaks of its qualities as an air-to-air fighter
Thus, the plane olgaily complied with what the Air Force requested, with Chinese financing since it was included in the currency swap, it is not vetorable in any component, it is 100% free to transfer to Argentina but as the FAA keeps the taboo fully in force On the material of Chinese and Russian origin, he looked for the but and said that he would have problems with logistics, as if they have never had it with the Mirage and A-4AR in all their history, also as the proposal was to manufacture it in FAdeA, the issue was almost resolved.

Please clear this misconception for once and for all! F16s shot MiG21 and SU30. There has been long running confusion on this topic. The picture above is probably fake/ photoshopped. PAF does not claim anymore JF shot SU30. Memorials confirm this.
operation-swift-retort-memorial-3.jpeg
operation-swift-retort-memorial-2.jpeg

Please clear this misconception for once and for all! F16s shot MiG21 and SU30. There has been long running confusion on this topic. The picture above is probably fake/ photoshopped. PAF does not claim anymore JF shot SU30. Memorials confirm this.View attachment 749450View attachment 749451
It's just the Argentinian article that made the mistake, they probably picked up a photoshopped picture from the internet. Not just this, the article has several other mistakes also. Overall, not a well researched article. Argentinians are like Pakistanis in more aspect than one. :-)
Hence, I'm sure that JF-17 will suit them perfectly :P

Last edited:
I think right now we may be suffering from the same stigma Hyundai suffered from when it first made the Genesis sub brand i.e how could Hyundai make premium cars?

Now Genesis has really taken off. I myself am a proud owner of one.

Just what I feel. Some countries might feel that how could a jet made by Pakistan be effective?

Do such biases exist in the defence markets??
Rather than biases, it is international clout, arm twisting and financial incentives(both types) by the big players. Unlike cars defence equipment is sought after extensive testing and evaluation. But even China remains a relatively small player in the market dominated by US, Russia, Britain and EU. and France. And the market is cut throat. There isa statement from the Lockmart official saying "we have never lost a deal that we have wanted to get". While it maybe a bit bloated as a claim the gist of it is true.
A

Last edited:
It's worth noting that they're likely taking the JF-17 seriously because, well, they have no other choice.

Sure they can probably get offers from Dassault, but China's probably more willing to play ball on a flexible loan or financing package. In this vein, Argentina has very similar issues to Pakistan.
Dassault? Given the British and French allies connection. I doubt that. Remember French delay the exocet and give secret of how to tackle their missile to British and help UK win the war against Argentina.
There isa statement from the Lockmart official saying "we have never lost a deal that we have wanted to get". While it maybe a bit bloated as a claim the gist of it is true.
A

You think too highly of Lockheed Martin. The mega deal for India Air Force of F-16I dubbed as most advanced F-16 loses badly. I am sure lockheed martin want to nail this deal to hit a jackpot.

Dassault? Given the British and French allies connection. I doubt that. Remember French delay the exocet and give secret of how to tackle their missile to British and help UK win the war against Argentina.
Please remember Maggie Thatcher had threatened to Nuke Argentina if the French did not give them the source codes for the Exocets. Knowing her she would have done it as well.So in fairness( not thatcI have any tolerance of the French bigotry) in this case they did the Argentinians a Favour.
A

This was back in the 80's and people deny kill switches in 2020's! It doesn't even have to be a kill switch....if a planes's missiles becomes useless it will be sitting duck for the enemy. No kill switch?

Self-reliance is the key.

Please clear this misconception for once and for all! F16s shot MiG21 and SU30. There has been long running confusion on this topic. The picture above is probably fake/ photoshopped. PAF does not claim anymore JF shot SU30. Memorials confirm this.View attachment 749450View attachment 749451
Article have many inaccuracies ... not just this one

Hi,

There is no such thing as being "ripped off" when you have a massive enemy at your borders and you are able to get a top tiered quality weapons system---.

Does no one ever teach you these things.

Do you ever ask your family elders if there is value in quality---?

But why would you---the nation whose car of choice is a SUZUKI---what to expect of them.
This was back in the 80's and people deny kill switches in 2020's! It doesn't even have to be a kill switch....if a planes's missiles becomes useless it will be sitting duck for the enemy. No kill switch?

Self-reliance is the key.

Hi,

The definition by default of a kill switch is "an anamoly created that by default manipulates the performance of a machine to not perform as it is designed to".

Hi,

There is no such thing as being "ripped off" when you have a massive enemy at your borders and you are able to get a top tiered quality weapons system---.

Does no one ever teach you these things.

Do you ever ask your family elders if there is value in quality---?

But why would you---the nation whose car of choice is a SUZUKI---what to expect of them.

Hi,

The definition by default of a kill switch is "an anamoly created that by default manipulates the performance of a machine to not perform as it is designed to".
There were better choices for India for the same price point, so I'd say they are getting ripped off.

The Indians picked the Rafale in the MMRCA competition, because it was supposed to be cheaper than the Eurofighter, but it has ended up being far more expensive.

It's basic economics. Militaries are inherently money sinks, there is a reason why they consider price, and not just performance.

Please remember Maggie Thatcher had threatened to Nuke Argentina if the French did not give them the source codes for the Exocets. Knowing her she would have done it as well.So in fairness( not thatcI have any tolerance of the French bigotry) in this case they did the Argentinians a Favour.
A
I really doubt thatcher would have been arogant enough to do it
Not even americans are this arogant post WW

Back
Top Bottom