What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

Compare this with the first sale of the Gripen to get an idea of how long it takes from initiation to sale.It is panning out nicely for the little tweety bird. People thought it is a sparrow, but this is turning out to be a sparrow hawk.
A

These =guys dont know how cut throat the fighter jet market is. We made a noise about SU35, and wallah 8 F16s get approved. How does that happen? We ll take a guess!!
A
Corrections , we didn't made any noises about $u*35s it was Russians , & 8 F-16s are not raptors ?
So pls , don't paint an apple out of watermelon ?

New thing is Tejas Mk2 starts high speed texing tests and during tests they find out fault in breaking system So they decided to make MK3 version.
I'm sure they are planing for MK4 too ?
with new LCD , & digital stereos grand sround woffers more luxury seats which can be straightened like a bed ?
then at least kids can see a great Bollywood movie on that dam jet ?lolzz

What is this fighter that countries 'keep buying' for years now and yet we haven't seen even 1 in any other country apart from the country of origin?

What is this fighter that countries 'keep buying' for years now and yet we haven't seen even 1 in any other country apart from the country of origin?

It's only recently like a few months ago that the news of firm contract have been reported for the first customer. Deliveries will obviously take time.

Since you are british.. Read it again...Slowly this Time..
Breaking News, Four Countries in talks to buy JF-17..

:cheers:

I'm not saying this just because of this news. I'm saying this because i have seen many threads here about countries buying this fighter(or in talks to/signed a contract to purchase one etc) for years now. Yet we haven't seen anything concrete yet.
Its beginning to sound like India being a superpower by 2012/2020 etc etc .
Just my opinion though.

I'm not saying this just because of this news. I'm saying this because i have seen many threads here about countries buying this fighter(or in talks to/signed a contract to purchase one etc) for years now. Yet we haven't seen anything concrete yet.
Its beginning to sound like India being a superpower by 2012/2020 etc etc .
Just my opinion though.
Yaar , it also depends on a country's political influence. French still couldn't sell their rafale, British sold Typhoon. Guess which country has greater political influence abroad.
Neither China nor Pakistan has much political influence abroad and hence no JF-17 sales yet

Bulgaria May Buy JF-17 Thunder Fighter From Pakistan
Bulgaria, china, Europe, JF-17, Pakistan

Bulgaria may be interested in buying the FC-1 Xiaolong or JF-17 Thunder, a multirole fighter designed jointly by Chengdu Aircraft Industry Corporation and the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex, according to military analyst Gareth Jennings in an article for the UK-based Jane's Defence Weekly.
The Bulgarian air force is looking for a new fighter to replace its obsolete MiG-29 Fulcrum and Sukhoi Su-25 Frogfoot, purchased from the Soviet Union. The Bulgarian government originally planned to buy a fighter from the US or Europe or commit to a further MiG-29 upgrade. However, the price of a new US fighter such as the Lockheed Martin Block 52 F-16 is estimated to cost around US$282 million. Jennings concluded that the price is almost certainly unaffordable for Bulgaria.
Secondhand jets, including surplus Block 25 F-16s from the US Air National Guard, F-16 midlife upgrade aircraft from Belgium, early tranche Eurofighter Typhoons from the Italian Air Force and surplus Saab Gripens from Sweden, are the options left for the Bulgarian air force to purchase from Europe and the US.

JF-17 Xiaolong Fighter
Pakistan is considering the sale of the single-seater single-engined Xiaolong (as it is known in China) or Thunder (as it is known in Pakistan) to Bulgaria as an alternative, Jennings said.

China and Pakistan have been pushing for the introduction of their jointly developed fighterto various countries including Argentina, Serbia and Saudi Arabia. However, Beijing and Islamabad have been unable to secure a single buyer for the fighter. The price of a brand new Xiaolong is approximately US$30 million, which is only half of the price of the other alternatives.

Bulgaria May Buy JF-17 Thunder Fighter From Pakistan - ASIAN DEFENCE NEWS

Better late than never...........unlike your 30 years too late and still not even cleared for FOC

Your trainer is 8 years after induction. Just how the hell those things happen is a magical mystery that we'll never find out. There is another question that I asked. AESA is heavier, so infact that LCA might have to bring in more powerful engines to accommodate ie. How come your jets magically will do that without aerodynamic changes is starnge strange thing.

You guys are just plodding along with your projects.

He has not been in coma, just suffering from the same "Fact in the Face Denial Syndrome" disease that most Indians suffer from

Who has taken whom for a ride....... we are not exactly discussing some Thirty years of Tejas deadlines here.
In case you have been in a coma, let me enlighten you, JF-17 Block-2 are currently being inducted and progress on Block-3 is well under way.

Rafael

CVS2gmHWcAA0OVv.png

CVSxhtqWoAAAFd1.jpg

CVSxhprXIAAtcqZ.jpg

CVSxhVrXAAAS-SD.jpg

Now i am waiting for troll
images

The marketing approach should emphasis its merits at par with F16, practicality and maintainance oriented design.Low cost is a huge factor too and also strategical to build a sizeable air defence but it is obvious.

Another thing that will make it survive next generation would be ecm pods and towed decoys.You can sharpen ecm skills by testing in Chinese sam environment and airtoair radars. Also China can sharpen eccm capability of their own radars and improve your ground and a2a radars so two birds with one stone.

Sorry guys for not posting the link as I am not allowed to post links but you can google it site name is Daily Pakistan.@Windjammer I am tagging you bcz u started the thread and u are a senior, may be u can say something on it.

Egyptian shows interest in JF-17.

RAWALPINDI (APP) – Egyptian Ambassador to Pakistan, Sherif Shaheen called on Federal Minister for Defence Production, Rana Tanveer Hussain here on Friday and showed his country’s interest in buying JF-17 Thunder.

During the meeting, the minister said that Pakistan is presently selling its traditional weapons to USA, United Kingdom (UK), Germany and Far-East.

He offered sale of JF-17 and Super Mashak to Egypt and said Iraq has already signed an agreement for purchase of 20 Super Mashak with Pakistan while deal with Turkey to buy 52 Super Mashak is almost finalized.

Rana Tanvir also emphasized on joint venture in defence Production between the two countries.

Admiring Egypt’s strong and close ties with Pakistan, he said Egypt is keen for cooperation in the field of defence production.

“A close cooperation between the two countries will also help other Muslim countries over the world,” he added.

The Ambassador said his country is looking at collaboration in defence industry as the core of relations between Pakistan and Egypt.

Moreover, the Cadet Exchange programme in the field of military training is much appreciated by both the countries.

Sherif Shaheen said that Egypt will send a defence delegation to visit the defence production establishments and look into buying defence related products from Pakistan.

The Minister invited the distinguished guest to visit defence production establishments.

Egypt shows interest in buying of Pakistani JF-17 Thunder fighter jet
img-insight-into-jf-17-thunder-block-ii-872-650x365.jpg

RAWALPINDI (APP) – Egyptian Ambassador to Pakistan, Sherif Shaheen called on Federal Minister for Defence Production, Rana Tanveer Hussain here on Friday and showed his country’s interest in buying JF-17 Thunder.

During the meeting, the minister said that Pakistan is presently selling its traditional weapons to USA, United Kingdom (UK), Germany and Far-East.

He offered sale of JF-17 and Super Mashak to Egypt and said Iraq has already signed an agreement for purchase of 20 Super Mashak with Pakistan while deal with Turkey to buy 52 Super Mashak is almost finalized.

Rana Tanvir also emphasized on joint venture in defence Production between the two countries.

Admiring Egypt’s strong and close ties with Pakistan, he said Egypt is keen for cooperation in the field of defence production.

“A close cooperation between the two countries will also help other Muslim countries over the world,” he added.

The Ambassador said his country is looking at collaboration in defence industry as the core of relations between Pakistan and Egypt.

Moreover, the Cadet Exchange programme in the field of military training is much appreciated by both the countries.

Sherif Shaheen said that Egypt will send a defence delegation to visit the defence production establishments and look into buying defence related products from Pakistan.

The Minister invited the distinguished guest to visit defence production
Egypt shows interest in buying of Pakistani JF-17 Thunder fighter jet - Daily Pakistan Global

Back
Top Bottom