What's new

Expo Pakistan 2013

Exporting what exactly? (that is if you don't mind) :D

Btw, is the expo being held under EPB, and if so, who is the running EPB nowadays? I remember someone named Yousuf, who used to be high-up there!

Sorry. Was so busy in the exhibition that i was not able to keep the thread updates as promised. Now i have got back and with share with you guys the details.

Yes

Raised the point in meetings with TDAP. There stand is that Karachi is a much bigger city and foreigners still feel better coming there. Also they point out that there are not enough 5 star hotels in Lahore compared to Karachi so this is another reason. Personally i do not agree much with either of these. :)

Allah Behtar karray??:unsure:
Arm your Police with dandas and expect Allah to do good……:pop:
Thats a bit unfair bro……
Well let's hope for best…:cheers:

you should have been there to see the security arrangments. It was good and every thing went well!

you should have been there to see the security arrangments. It was good and every thing went well!

Well That's great……:cheers:
I hope for that day when our Police becomes such capable,trained & better equipped that for such ocassions no special arrangement is needed……:yu:

Raised the point in meetings with TDAP. There stand is that Karachi is a much bigger city and foreigners still feel better coming there. Also they point out that there are not enough 5 star hotels in Lahore compared to Karachi so this is another reason. Personally i do not agree much with either of these. :)

Lahore is very far from the sea port, karachi has a sea port so i don't know what you guys are suggesting here?

isolating karachi just because of few miscreats will further damage karachi and its economy and only ill wishers can believe in this

Don't you think LHR would have been a better choice owing to security concerns ? Specially now that LHR has its own Expo center.

i think once tehreek insaaf pathan MPA from Karachi said that Karachi has become a cat house

no surprises that you guys were rejected during elections

Expo Pakistan 2013 setting new benchmark of success
Karachi: September 28, 2013, 8th Expo Pakistan taking place at Expo Center Karachi is in full swing. Large numbers of foreign & local traders, buyers are continuously visiting this exhibition to witness the products on display in 6 different halls of Expo center.

During the first 2- days of Expo many export agreements were signed and it is expected that a lot more agreements in various sectors will be signed in the remaining days of this exhibition.
An investment group from UAE is negotiating sourcing worth US $ 100 million from Pakistani exhibitors in home furnishing sectors (carpet, bedwear) from their home furnishing chain stores in UAE and other GCC countries. Dubai Textile city Group delegate members negotiating deals worth 5 million dollars as a sample order. However they are considering buying textile goods worth us dollar 100 million in the case if the goods are timely ware housed in Dubai because there are always issues of timely delivery.One of the delegate of the Dubai Textile City, M/s Art India Textiles made deals worth US $ 1 million with Pakistani textile exporters. Another delegate of the Dubai Textile M/s Renoka Textile finalized the deal worth of 2 million dollar with home furnishing sector (curtain, fabric etc.) of Pakistani exporters. M/S Uttam General Trading from UAE are also finalizing a sample order of US$ 1 million. M/S Qasab Textiles from UAE are also finalizing a sample order of approximately US$ 10 million.Japanese President of the largest importer of fruit and vegetable who mainly sources from USA and Latin American countries has for the first time visited Pakistan and held extensive meetings with Mango exporters and has placed a big order for next season of Mango with Mango exporter.Mr. Shimada,the Chairman of M/s Yamichi one of the biggest chain store in institutional textile has placed a big order for bed linen.Mr. Huda, Director of a big Japanese textile company M/s Tamurakoma has placed big order with Pakistani exporters.A Bangladeshi Buyer group M/sTashwant is signing an MOU for the purchase of fruits/kinnow worth 2 million dollar from Pakistani exporter M/s Roshan Enterprises.Another Bangladeshi company from Asia Group finalized a deal of 5 million dollar.Another deal of Bangladeshi company from purchase of paper mint plant worth Rs. 135 million is in pipeline and the buyer is leaving for Sialkot Gujranwala, Lahore for finalizing negotiations.Another Bangladeshi Retail outlet owner is negotiating with Naheed Super Store for opening Retail chain in Bangladesh.Pak Denim has finalized has executed deal with Turkish buyer 1 million dollar. Ahan has fetched order for the supply of 50,000 pieces from foreign buyer.A leather company has fetched order from 3 foreign buyers worth Rs. 10 million.The exhibitors from Agro food in Rice , ready to cook , fruits and vegetables and herbal items are negotiating deal worth US $ 35 million from the buyers of Malaysia, Singapore and Hong Kong and USA and through their meetings with chambers finalizing deal 29 million from buyers of Azerbaijan Kuwait and USA therefore likely 64 million dollar in two days.Footwear exhibitors set up its own pavilion in Expo Pakistan 2013. 11 companies have displayed their products during two days of Expo they have finalized deal of worth 3.5 million dollars from foreign buyer from China and Poland. One of the textile exhibitor M/s Hussain Textile finalized deal of 100,000 from Italy. Mr. Pardeep Man Vaidya, Chairman of Nepali company, M/s Vijayadeep who is also the Chairman of Nepal Pakistan Chamber of Commerce and Industry is seeking technical collaboration with Pakistani Pharma companies as well as setting up of their offices in Pakistan in pharma sector.
Speaking about the ongoing Expo Pakistan 2013 Ms. Rabiya Javeri, Secretary, TDAP said “We are delighted with the way the expo is progressing. The turnout of local & foreign delegates is exceptional and so far the deals signed during Expo Pakistan are beyond expectation. As the expo is not yet finished so we cannot share the exact details about the agreements made & we plan to share complete details of this successful exhibition soon after thoroughly evaluating all the agreements.
Exhibition was limited to trade visitors for the first 3-days and it will be opened for general public on September 29th the last day of Expo Pakistan 2013.

Exporting what exactly? (that is if you don't mind) :D

Btw, is the expo being held under EPB, and if so, who is the running EPB nowadays? I remember someone named Yousuf, who used to be high-up there!
Hometextiles

and EPB have now become TDAP (Trade Development Authority of Pakistan)

To me, Expo Pakistan 2013 was a success. With foreign buyers showing interest and trusting the security measures the three days of fair saw lots of business. There was a decent number of foreign delegates and buyers visiting Expo this time. What was even better was the response from Exhibitors. I remember three years ago more than 40 percent of the stall were vacant but this time, even with TDAP using all the six halls there was no vacant space. In fact they had to accommodate around 40 stall out of the planned map. This good response from exhibitors will surely promote buyers from around the world to visit us next years as everything was made available under one roof.
Here are a few pictures.

Expo Center Karachi
62si.jpg

azuy.jpg

ag50.jpg

Visitors being greeted by dance performances from different regions of our country. Showcasing the Baloch, Sinidhi, Punjabi, kalash, Khatak and other dance groups
q7nz.JPG

i think once tehreek insaaf pathan MPA from Karachi said that Karachi has become a cat house

[/QUOTE]

My questions was from a totally operational standpoint man, it had nothing to do with any political party or any specific city. I support whatever's best for Pakistan, be it in Karachi or Lahore. Stop being so defensive.

[/QUOTE]

My questions was from a totally operational standpoint man, it had nothing to do with any political party or any specific city. I support whatever's best for Pakistan, be it in Karachi or Lahore. Stop being so defensive.

All of the six halls of the Expo Center saw full activity. The produts and indeustries were divide Hall wise to facilitate the visitors.

Hall 1 hosted the handicrafts and cottage industry products and also had the Malaysian, Hong Kong and Korean pavilions (around 10 to 15 different companies from each of these countries had booked stall at the fair). The foreign pavilions showed the trust of international business community in Pakistan and the hard work of TDAP.

Here are a few pics from Hall 1
fkcr.jpg

nae4.jpg

Hall 2 showcased the once massive but now declining Carpet industry along with the well going marble sector. Also it hosted the Hong Kong and China pavilion.

From Hall 2
g2f.JPG

nf66.jpg

Back
Top Bottom