What's new

Expected budget for defence 2014-2015 ?

I think @maxpayne pretty much has the best but unfortunately unrealistic reply. Corruption is in everything. Politics and military matters are certainly not out of that. In every deal one has to look at the corruption part... I know one pilot that stood up but had to pay for it... He was forced by Zardari to buy Mirage 2000 with extra funding to Zardari... His plane was sabotaged... He lost one leg when it crashed. And we all see Zardari smiliing and rule the nation. Shout about his wife that she was murdered. In the end we all have to face all mighty but I can tell you that this world is not filled with honest and good people.
finishing corruption is impossible but people should ask the government to sell off all public organizations to be run by private sector to save direct corruption, ask for third party independent audit in other organization and ask more media involvement and more public education in this matter to minimize it.
one of the true tragedy in our society is that corrupt people just cry for a few minutes in front of the people and people just vote them.

Increase in defense budget is inevitable because, unfortunately, the ongoing war on terror and our not so good relations with India leaves us with no other choice.

The chances of India -Pakistan war is very bleak, election rhetoric aside, I don't think Narendra Modi is on a suicide mission, I mean, he doesn't look that stupid that he does not understand the consequence of a nuclear war.

Even though I'm a strong supporter of Pak-India good relationship, but, till we achieve that goal, we cannot afford to put our guard down. In my opinion, the best way to prevent war is to have a strong nuclear deterrent, as it is unlikely that in the near future we will be able to achieve conventional warfare parity with India, therefore, increasing our nuclear capability is the best way to prevent war.

But a rail threat to our very existence is from the global (TTP, AT, AQ, Uzbek , Chechen, Uyghur )terrorists, therefore, I hope, the lion’s share of the budget goes toward the war on terror.

I think @maxpayne pretty much has the best but unfortunately unrealistic reply. Corruption is in everything. Politics and military matters are certainly not out of that. In every deal one has to look at the corruption part... I know one pilot that stood up but had to pay for it... He was forced by Zardari to buy Mirage 2000 with extra funding to Zardari... His plane was sabotaged... He lost one leg when it crashed. And we all see Zardari smiliing and rule the nation. Shout about his wife that she was murdered. In the end we all have to face all mighty but I can tell you that this world is not filled with honest and good people.
Sad but true!
We have another option parallel with corruption. It is to raise taxes, not by increasing tax, but increasing people into it. This way we will have much more funding for defence and health/education.
Lets see what plan our current rulers have for us. :-)

So defence budget will be 690bn plus over 100bn for army pensions. Overall $8 billion at least. This include nuclear development as well right?

"AVM Quddus admitted that military pensions, which have risen to over Rs100 billion, were not given from the defence budget but from civilian allocations."

“Pakistan Army gets 48 per cent of the whole defence budget while 20pc goes to Pakistan Air force and Navy gets only 10pc,” the senior Air force officer said."

This does not include the budget of intelligence , or the Operational expenses for NW Operation ( which are close to Rs 200bn ) .

This does not include the budget of intelligence , or the Operational expenses for NW Operation ( which are close to Rs 200bn ) .

So actual budget is near $10 billion? How much USA provide every year for military operation?

Pakistan can live fine with 0% defence budget for 2 years

Put every thing into train, schools, bus systems

Pakistan can live fine with 0% defence budget for 2 years

Put every thing into train, schools, bus systems
One of the most Idiotic Things I have read on this Forum ... and I have had read many Idiotic Things .

Back
Top Bottom