What's new

Expected budget for defence 2014-2015 ?

:what: ? really ?

43.25% Defence Budget goes to Employee Related Expences
20.95% budget is for the maintenance of Physical Assets
25.8% Budget is utilized for the Operational Expances .....

Satelite or Space Programme is 'Civilian' in its nature and have separate allocations.
2013-14 Defe. Budget Demand Summary.JPG

2013-14 Defe. Budget Demand.JPG

Actually just 2.4%. But pensions are not included plus nuclear weapon budget is separate i think? Army also do business, where does that money go?

@Nuri Natt it is shown as recoveries at the bottom of First Tabel

I think the victory of Narendra Modi may play vital role in the future of South Asia. He may want to wage a war against us as he popularly hints towards the possibility.

6.9 billion dollars is not much for the world's 7th largest Armed Force. We should keep it close to 16% of the total budget, whatever the total figure is.

Well 690bn mean 2.4% of GDP and 18.42% of budget. Total budget is 3744 billion this year.

So last year defence budget was 627bn, increase of almost 10% this year.

Well 690bn mean 2.4% of GDP and 18.42% of budget. Total budget is 3744 billion this year.

So last year defence budget was 627bn, increase of almost 10% this year.
I think the total budget will be at least 4000 billion rupees this time. The reason I am convinced the budget should be 4000 billion rupees is because
  • The total outlay in budget 2012/13 was 3200 (later revised to 3478 billion rupees)
  • The total outlay in budget 2013/14 was 3985 billion rupees
Now the point is, our economy has grown, the inflation has also risen

Why would they present a budget that is lower than the last year's budget?

Source: http://finance.gov.pk/budget/Budget_in_Brief_2013_14.pdf

I think the total budget will be at least 4000 billion rupees this time. The reason I am convinced the budget should be 4000 billion rupees is because
  • The total outlay in budget 2012/13 was 3200 (later revised to 3478 billion rupees)

To bring the deficit from 5.8 to 4.8% of gdp

Sir,

Hot air----my . Ask the 3000 dead about the hot singing air rising from the fires that burnt their bodies---.

It is amazing how the young of a nation cannot even learn to know danger when it is screaming right in their ears. The enemy is telling you what they would do----you ought to be a replica of SADDAM HUSSEIN-----who never believed it to the end that George Bush was so stupid to attack him----because of him being a buffer against iran.

Hi,

Looking at the change that was coming---they should have done it a year ago----. It is late---. Not too late---I donot know---.
seriously ya to ap indian ho ya intiha kay phattu ho .... thatz all

India is focusing on China, we arent in their Radar no more. No more than a small blip in the back.

I believe its high time we invest more on Infra, education, health and Development in FATA.
If only more people thought like you in Pakistan mate...

Become the Singapore of S.Asia, not the Somalia.

Well he would think several times. Election slogans and speeches are meant just for elections.

Well his best reaction would be skirmishes on IB and LOC. Something we have seen many times last year.
He was elected to recover the Indian economy, develop India and make all Indians more prosperous NOT to start a war with Pakistan. There is no appetite for that in India and there is nothing to gain from such actions. Modi's number 1 priority will be the economy, boosting ties with Japan, Israel China and infrastructure not Pakistan.

Having said that being the man he is from the party he is from and with the mandate he has from the Indian people he will take a MUCH firmer stance to national security. He won't let a 26/11 go unpunished on his watch. I'm not saying he'll launch an all out war over it but he will look at all the options on the table and take serious action against Pakistan whether that be diplomatically, economically etc

Last edited:
well education budget is also increased .. but do you think we should cut from defense ? I think that will be a bad idea :)
and now modi Is in power in india ... and he will not think twice before attacking Pakistan in case of any terror attack in india

dude he wears Choori dar pajama

with modi's victory across the border and his aggressive designs, we need to increase our defence budget to keep that terrorist in check

I saw on news few days ago that Govt trying to increase the defense budget to 6.9b$ .....
what you guys think ?
@Aeronaut @Oscar @Munir @araz @Talon @Jazzbot @Rabzon @MastanKhan @Spring Onion @Chak Bamu

Never ever underestimate your enemy. India can't even think of engaging China for another 20/25 years, we now have to deal with an aggressive anti Muslim terrorist in new Delhi

India is focusing on China, we arent in their Radar no more. No more than a small blip in the back.

I believe its high time we invest more on Infra, education, health and Development in FATA.

Last edited:
seriously ya to ap indian ho ya intiha kay phattu ho .... thatz all

Sir,

You indeed are one smart pakistani----you saw right thru me---and hit the nail right on the head----. Imagine me making fool of all these other pakistanis for close to 10 years now---and then you came along---and just within a second---you knew me----.

You should be proud to be a pakistani----indeed.

You are a man with the eyesight of a " NIGAH A MARDE MOMIN "---NOTHING IS HIDDEN FROM YOU----. You got this ever seeing eye.

Actually i was reading that budget will be increase Rs 158 billion this year? If its lower then last year then defence budget increase is not justified at all.

''The proposed budget outlay is Rs158 billon higher than the Rs3.591 trillion budget of the outgoing fiscal year, according to Ministry of Finance officials. The planned budget expenditure was shared with the federal cabinet on Thursday, while discussing the Budget Strategy Paper.''

Remove corruption and no need to reduce defence budget. Corruption counts around 1/4th of our budget which is around 1000B

I think @maxpayne pretty much has the best but unfortunately unrealistic reply. Corruption is in everything. Politics and military matters are certainly not out of that. In every deal one has to look at the corruption part... I know one pilot that stood up but had to pay for it... He was forced by Zardari to buy Mirage 2000 with extra funding to Zardari... His plane was sabotaged... He lost one leg when it crashed. And we all see Zardari smiliing and rule the nation. Shout about his wife that she was murdered. In the end we all have to face all mighty but I can tell you that this world is not filled with honest and good people.

Back
Top Bottom