What's new

Elective Quran course approved for military schools

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, now you are in my trap. dear Aeronaut how teaching Quran in this Islamic forum is pointless but not in Turkish army?

People on this forum are too childish to discuss religion without cussing each other out. The army is full of professionals.

AKP has two thirds majority the ONLY govt with such majority in entire Europe. That means, people want their policies, am i wrong?

And lastly, its not about "ideological motivations" or "expecting something good" - its about "Rights" that a secular constitution of a country protects of a soldier. Is it hard to understand?

Please, spare me from that attitude of how you know my country and AKP better than me. Expanding freedoms are the least of AKP's concerns. It has been proven many times by their policies.

Btw, AKP has 50% of the votes. And most of its voters are supporting it because of economical reasons. So i doubt people want these policies...

We're talking about the man who calls Atheists as junkies. So please...

Please, spare me from that attitude of how you know my country and AKP better than me. Expanding freedoms are the least of AKP's concerns. It has been proven many times by their policies.

Btw, AKP has 50% of the votes. And most of its voters are supporting it because of economical reasons. So i doubt people want these policies...

Did he really do that?? :blink:

ok, now you are in my trap. dear Aeronaut how teaching Quran in this Islamic forum is pointless but not in Turkish army?

My advice to you and those who thanked your post to visit your optometrist. This is a DEFENSE forum not an Islamic forum.

I, am not here to defend Erdogan, i did make my point clear earlier. There is not a single military on the face of the earth where they don't teach some sort of religious or theological material except perhaps North Korea. I, believe that it is the right of the soldiers to "choose". I, would be opposing this move if it was "imposed".

I, am not here to defend Erdogan, i did make my point clear earlier. There is not a single military on the face of the earth where they don't teach some sort of religious or theological material except perhaps North Korea. I, believe that it is the right of the soldiers to "choose". I, would be opposing this move if it was "imposed".

Anyway, it had been a while since my last debate about religion in PDF and i can't say i missed it...

But like i said, freedom is not AKP's concern. And teaching religion is not the responsibility of the state. Teaching it as a whole, why people need to believe someting etc... That's fine, but discriminating the other religions is not.

Well from point of some non-Turkish posters on this thread, i can understand their sentiment as they are not very well informed about such issues in Turkey, which is normal btw..State decides to teach some basics of Islam to her military students..By the first look of it, it seems there is nothing wrong here..But, real-politics in Turkey is upside down atm..Fethullah Gulen movement is getting stronger day by day, government undermines military and judiciary that protects Turkey`s secularism..So one has to understand the opposition from Turks to this regulation..We feel threatened not by this regulation but the source of it, current government..I am a proud Muslim, not an atheist, but i even fail to understand the necessity of this regulation

Well from point of some non-Turkish posters on this thread, i can understand their sentiment as they are not very well informed about such issues in Turkey, which is normal btw..State decides to teach some basics of Islam to her military students..By the first look of it, it seems there is nothing wrong here..But, real-politics in Turkey is upside down atm..Fethullah Gulen movement is getting stronger day by day, government undermines military and judiciary that protects Turkey`s secularism..So one has to understand the opposition from Turks to this regulation..We feel threatened not by this regulation but the source of it, current government..I am a proud Muslim, not an atheist, but i even fail to understand the necessity of this regulation

I couldn't have said it better myself :tup:

This is a DEFENSE forum not an Islamic forum.

So, teaching Quran in Turkish army is because it is an Islamic thing not a Defense thing.

By the way, I am not anti religion. I just wonder what is the main objective of the government by proposing this. May be another distraction tactic from some (not all) inefficient policies.

and about the part I did not quote. As a regular member of PDF, I expect moderators to exclude others from that kind of literature not to...

shall we say Turkey is going down the same path as Gen Zia Ul Haq?

this will be a disaster just like islamization of military proved to be in Pakistan.

shall we say Turkey is going down the same path as Gen Zia Ul Haq?

I hope not..But the increase of Imam Hatip schools(religious schools) in Turkey under Erdogan government and the increase of Madrassas in Pakistan under Zia ul Haq regime back then is very similar..Another reason why we oppose this regulation

No need to compare: how does religion improve anything for these soldiers? Will they have suprerior tactics?

The answer is: Nothing. Its just another step towards theocracy.

ask muhammad al fatih 2........ its ur great leader

the course design and objective do matter, only these two factors can determine the output effect on the minds of soldiers, as far as I am concern, I think a course of ethics should be designed, make it vague, that is focus only on principles with examples from the historic Islam and sunnah.

what the world militaries currently have is somewhat result of european designs, especially from the imperial royal army. therefore, any positive change should be appreciated.

Teaching religion is not the duty of a secular state. Especially if it is about teaching a particular religion while dismissing other religions.

This is why it is elective!

Message of Quran will definitely help anyone in their profession and personal life.

the course design and objective do matter, only these two factors can determine the output effect on the minds of soldiers, as far as I am concern, I think a course of ethics should be designed, make it vague, that is focus only on principles with examples from the historic Islam and sunnah.

what the world militaries currently have is somewhat result of european designs, especially from the imperial royal army. therefore, any positive change should be appreciated.

How would you like to edit Quran, for soldiers?

You can't be for real!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom