What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Not example ..
Few numbers were brought from UAE to fight terrorists in Sinai alongside with the apaches ..

And I'm so glad to have you here with us , brother .

I'm glad to be here brother among knowledgeable people like yourself, thank you, much appreciated.

This arab nationalism is no more than a fake haux similar to adel imam's fankosh

Now there is alliance evolving between egypt uae and saudi arabia basically were talking about the two richest arab states allied with the most populated arab nation

As you said most of egypt problems today is coming from other arabs whether libya qatar or sudan . We have pushed qatar away but egypt has to focus on cleaning eastern libya from terrorists in future and forcing sudan to behave on water nile issue

Sissi was talking about countering terrorism in eastern libya through preimtive operations and the new fast intervension unit in egypt must have been formed for this sole purpose
I disagree with you on that, maybe Arab Nationalism is not as strong as it was decades ago, but believe me it is still alive and well, has its own believers, myself included.

No, you did not bore me a bit, since our thoughts converge very well on these matters, I have enjoyed reading it. And I do agree 100% with it, the metaphors are right and the descriptions also.
So, yes, the bigger the change, the bigger the price to pay for it, because more fundamental things will be shaked. And I also believe the outcome to be big and positive.

I think they should have thought about other alternatives to use the Nile water than building a dam, knowing that it might have consequences on other countries. So you are right again, they did it while they were thinking its us or them, and the response they have attracted is the reflexion of their own egoistic or necessary thought, but necessity is subject to freedom, and ones freedom ends where others' freedom begins. In simple words they should have been wiser.

I think this dam issue will be the best thing to unite all Egyptians with all the division going on in Egypt recently. I believe bringing the dam issue to the front will be the first thing after the Egyptian presidential elections, it will give the people something to unite around, no matter what their differences are, and it is the most pressing danger facing Egypt right now.

Last edited:
Dino R.
about the change in the future do you think arab nationalsim is a dying ideology? the new generations dont beleive in it and i see it will be soon history after failures to unite arab speaking nations in the past when there was no blood between arab nations and almost all were coming out of west occupation now we have problems with sunni and shia algira and morocoo Egypt will soon have many issues with libya and sudan
my opinion is Egypt does not need 22 allay on paper i would perefer 2 or 3 real allay and we have wasted years on a false ideology i would like to hear your opinion
I think unity is a dream we all have, but the form or shape by which it will happen changes by time, but like the saying goes all roads lead to Rome, in the past unity was based more on ideology, but now its more on religion, and yes I have to agree that Arab Nationalism is not what it used to be decades ago but for a few, myself included, it is still alive and well, however the bases on which this can be achieved changed by time, and religion should have always been an important part of it, and maybe that is why it never really worked in the past. The two most prominent schools of thought on Arab Nationalism, Nasserism and the Baath party ignored religion, minimized it, probably been influenced by communism as it was a successful ideology that did cause major changes around the world at the same time Arab Nationalism was growing, ignoring the fact that Arabs are fundamentally different from Westerners and Orientals and that religion is extremely vital for anything to work in our region, and for all honesty religion and real Arab Nationalism are one the same, it was the one grave mistake that ultimately limited the effects of those movements, taking religion out of the equation, what we need now is a balanced view, that incorporates both, especially that they are both the same if you really look into it!!! Unity is the logical outcome for all the turmoil that is happening to us now a days, and again, without this turmoil there will be no change, it is a necessary evil for an ultimate good.
And I don't want to think about the whole matter just from the Egyptian point of view, but rather all the Arabs, given that any change will have to start from Egypt, as Egypt is the leader and all the Arabs look to Egypt for guidance and new ideas, but we have to drop the individual mentality and start thinking as whole, as Arabs not as Egyptians, even if it is hard and seems unlikely now a days, we must.

Gen/Sedki Sobhi oversees the principal phase of combined arms exercise Badr-2014 (date May 10th)

1526189_476488765815444_306284426349740418_n.jpg

1972396_476489099148744_774800144753701536_n.jpg

10258601_476489202482067_8163309651341504096_n.jpg

10245283_476488815815439_668165170910077044_n.jpg

10176113_476488852482102_3862422857282459494_n.jpg

10253961_476488939148760_162495307174869811_n.jpg

10351403_476489252482062_6775596796102518014_n.jpg

Yeah Right. But do some thing about your BVR starved Air force too mate. Either get AIM-120 for your F16s. Or get some R77 Adder equipped flankers from Russia or SD10 equipped J10s from China.

You dont stand a chance against any BVR capable force like Israel.

All those F16s with o ly WVR missiles will be traget practice like Iraqi Mig29s.

BTW beat of luck. And i still dont understand of Having so many MRLS instead of Artillery batteries.
Accuracy yes but Expenses and Maitenance, big No No.

Yeah Right. But do some thing about your BVR starved Air force too mate. Either get AIM-120 for your F16s. Or get some R77 Adder equipped flankers from Russia or SD10 equipped J10s from China.

You dont stand a chance against any BVR capable force like Israel.

All those F16s with o ly WVR missiles will be traget practice like Iraqi Mig29s.

BTW beat of luck. And i still dont understand of Having so many MRLS instead of Artillery batteries.
Accuracy yes but Expenses and Maitenance, big No No.

Target practice ?!! Lol ..

We've been taking about BVR for many years !! ..
You can check the previous posts for more details ..

Don't underestimate the EAF or EADF ..
If you only knew what we did with mig-21 vs f-4 , mirage-3 ..
even vs. f-18 in 80s during bright-star exercises !!

Anyway .. you'll see in previous posts , why US provides F-16s without Active-bvr
Egypt is the only country in the world that operates f-16s without Active-bvr like AIM-120 .
we're talking about the 4th largest F-16 operator in the world !

Why .. How .. What are the countermeasures ...
We can talk for hours ..

And you should really know that EAF is more than f-16s / American fighters in general !
It's regarding policy strategy in Egyptian armament since late 70s ..
Various sources ..
Variety in all main branches in the Armed Forces ..
And the AF is not an exception ..
It's just the lack of media concerning EAF .. that's all !!

Most of pictures & videos here .. came up after 2011 uprising ..
Before those events , there was not a single photo of any SF brigades like 777 , 999 , Navy commandos
Before those events , people didn't know that M1A1s are in service in military northern region ..
Even rifles like SIG_SG_552_Commando , Beretta_ARX_160 , ... and many others ..

So , believe it or not ..
Egyptian army shows only a few of its power ..

Back
Top Bottom