What's new

Effectiveness of Air-Air-Missile Comparison

melb4aust

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Air-Air missiles have been produced by different countries, and their accuracy, range and effectiveness plays a very important role during a aireal combat. Which of the following missile you recon is more effective with respect to short and long range?

1. AIM120(AMRAAM) country origin (USA)........ Medium range
2. AIM 7 (SPARROW) (USA)........ Medium range
3. AIM 9X (SIDEWINDER) (USA)........ Short range
4. MICA (FRANCE)........ Medium range
5. R-77 RVV-AE (AA-12 Adder) (RUSSIA)........ Medium range
6. R-73 (AA-11 Archer) (RUSSIA)........ Short range
7. R-27 (Alamo) (RUSSIA)........ Medium range
8. PL-10 (CHINA)........ Short range
9. Python 5 (Israel)........ Short range***new ==> BEST..... i recon

Who would you guys go for !!!

The python 5 has a 50G sustainability, and has an advanced seeker

pakistan is going for the a-darter, which is developed with the company that made the python 4/5; therefore the a-darter has a nearly as advanced seeker, and can sustain 40g's

so pakistan is getting an advanced wvr missile, probably with full ToT

There was a lot of talk about US AIM 9X Sidewinder, but "Python 5" is some thing. Highly menouverable and deadly can even be fired at the fighter behind the tail. The fighter dont actually have to face the enemy fighter to fire it (at angle of around 360 degree) :rolleyes: .

Missiles with pictures and specifications will help a lot to decide, though Israeli's claims are still very impressive..

Yes, one thing you cannot doubt is Israel's ability to make sophisticated weaponry.

ISI2003 said:
The python 5 has a 50G sustainability, and has an advanced seeker

pakistan is going for the a-darter, which is developed with the company that made the python 4/5; therefore the a-darter has a nearly as advanced seeker, and can sustain 40g's

so pakistan is getting an advanced wvr missile, probably with full ToT
apologies for my ignorance.. but has there ever been a case of one country giving out ToT of its missiles to another.. ??

ajaybhutani said:
apologies for my ignorance.. but has there ever been a case of one country giving out ToT of its missiles to another.. ??

you are very right no one does that. where do you think these pithvis and shaheens are commimg from . once we and you get the stuff we open it up and make our own version and then give them big names.

Muradk said:
you are very right no one does that. where do you think these pithvis and shaheens are commimg from . once we and you get the stuff we open it up and make our own version and then give them big names.

In terms of air-to-air missles i guess SD-10 is another example. it has been mentioned in different posts as well that Pakistan and china developing this together. So TOT is coming from China, and why not, if it is possible for the production of aircrafts and nuclear purposes why not for missiles.

melb4aust said:
Air-Air missiles have been produced by different countries, and their accuracy, range and effectiveness plays a very important role during a aireal combat. Which of the following missile you recon is more effective with respect to short and long range?

1. AIM120(AMRAAM) country origin (USA)........ Medium range
2. AIM 7 (SPARROW) (USA)........ Medium range
3. AIM 9X (SIDEWINDER) (USA)........ Short range
4. MICA (FRANCE)........ Medium range
5. R-77 RVV-AE (AA-12 Adder) (RUSSIA)........ Medium range
6. R-73 (AA-11 Archer) (RUSSIA)........ Short range
7. R-27 (Alamo) (RUSSIA)........ Medium range
8. PL-10 (CHINA)........ Short range
9. Python 5 (Israel)........ Short range***new ==> BEST..... i recon

Who would you guys go for !!!
SD-10 or PL-10 china yes they will give us TOT but the other 8 in the line-up now way.

There is TOT when we talk about JF17 but I don't think that TOT of SD10 is included. Why would Paf buy a few hundred if they can start their own line?

Here is something i read on wiki which stated that SD-10 is a joint venture between China and Pakistan, i believe Pakistan has funded it, and will get transfer of technology (know-how) just like JF-17.

The SD-10 is a BVRAAM (Beyond visual range Air to Air Missile) developed for the People's Liberation Army Air Force. The early versions are speculated to be at least equivalent to United States' AIM-120B AMRAAM system. BVRAAMs have become a very important weapon in modern air-to-air combat & have become a requirement of every Air Force.
The SD-10 is also another joint venture between China & Pakistan (like JF-17 & K-8).

Denied the chance of having new F-16s, MLU of its current fleet & AIM-120 AMRAAMs by USA in 1990s & the inclusion of BVRAAMs by Pakistan's long time foe India sent Pakistan to its long time ally China to develop their own versions of BVRAAM.

The countries which were denied AIM-120 AMRAAMs by the US have gradually become interested in the concurrent JF-17 program because of the SD-10, but both China & Pakistan are reluctant to sell it. Egypt for one became interested in JF-17 because of SD-10. They are also interested in Technology transfer of JF-17 it self. Earlier Pakistan & China had agreed technology transfer of K-8 advance trainers to Egypt. However it is speculated that Egypt too like North Korea, Bangladesh, Nigeria & Zimbabwe would be denied SD-10 early on.
Due to Pakistan's good relations with South Africa, it is speculated that SD-10 would be denied to Zimbabwe even though the entire Zimbabwian Air Force was formed by Pakistan Air Force. Both China & Pakistan feel that the missile are too sensitive to be sold to North Korea, while Bangladesh & Nigeria may not be able to afford it.

Besides JF-17 Thunder the SD-10 will also be mounted on China's J-10 fighters. Some F-7 PG versions may also be mounted with it, however it would still not save F-7s from being grounded & mostly be replaced by JF-17s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SD-10

WebMaster said:
Here is something i read on wiki which stated that SD-10 is a joint venture between China and Pakistan, i believe Pakistan has funded it, and will get transfer of technology (know-how) just like JF-17.
Do you sireously expect me to take Wikipedia as a credible source of info??

Muradk said:
1. All those ToTs dont happen openly. and are damn costly.. i'll accept something like a ToT for A-darter for paksitan etc.. when i see a credible info on it .. and not a speculation.

ajaybhutani said:
1. All those ToTs dont happen openly. and are damn costly.. i'll accept something like a ToT for A-darter for paksitan etc.. when i see a credible info on it .. and not a speculation.

Does anyone on the forum have a photo of the new
T-darter we got from south africa.

ajaybhutani said:
Do you sireously expect me to take Wikipedia as a credible source of info??

Please check your spelling before submitting your post.

Secondly, you dont have to, but trust me it is a joint-venture and Pakistan has funded the program. If it doesn't get posted on Einsteins website, it will not change the fact.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom