What's new

Effect of Libyan Airstrikes on MRCA Deal ?

I wonder why pak is not rushing its JF10's to showoff..heheheh...the only muslim saviour country..

I wonder why pak is not rushing its JF10's to showoff..heheheh...the only muslim saviour country..
You are right mate we can't help Libya with our jf 17's (not jf 10 you are a member of defense forum and you don't even know the names of fighter aircrafts )but on the other hand we are not opening stupid and selfish threads about Effects of Libyan Air strikes on MRCA Deal unaware of the blood shed thats happening in Libya :angry:

How shameful.... there are deaths of civilians in Tripoli and perhaps this is the only objective of inidan army and airforce to target civilians in India and beyond.

Yes good test bombing civilians.. perhaps now US have to chip in with hornet to compete with Rafael.

Shame on Arabs who keep company with indians....
These dictators like Saddam , Qaddafi have not done anything to develop their Army , Airforce etc, Moreover they had ample amount of money . Alhamdullillah we despite having lower amount of resources we have developed all the forces , Tanks , aircrafts , Missiles , Nuclear capability etc. One should be prepared for any foreign aggression like allied forces ,especially when you are a muslim country.

We will ask you when the bloodshed would be in your country , you wouldnt be enjoying when your brothers and sisters will be killed . Do you still remember PANI PAT KI AKHRI JANG? Time is not the same always . Feel the agony .

I wonder quite a few things too my friend....

firstly, I wonder why you bought Pak into this once again?
and more importantly... I wonder what a JF-10 is??? :undecided:

on topic: air strikes in Libya will not do much to affect the MRCA deal....

think about it, what does Libya have to challenge these planes??? pointless thread and insensitive, people are dying and your here questioning if this would affect the MRCA deal

The Libyan bombing by the West has two objectives: to take over the Libyan oil and show off the aircraft to India mega procurement deal-MRCA. That's why France has been prompt in sending the Rafale to bomb Libya just to make a demonstration of the capacity of the aircraft to India. It is France's last chance to find an export customer for this aircraft.
according to uh france is going to war to show their rafale capabilities..............point less answer bro

We will ask you when the bloodshed would be in your country , you wouldnt be enjoying when your brothers and sisters will be killed . Do you still remember PANI PAT KI AKHRI JANG? Time is not the same always . Feel the agony .
:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:
After loosing 4 wars on trot how do you ppl come up with such idiotic comments.It is better I hit my head on the wall than to make u pakistani ppl show the truth.:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

What has a Pakistani got to do with it? Did Pakistan become part of Afghanistan or have you started stealing their history?

So F-15E out of MMRCA race completely.
Just kidding.
On topic:
Lost planes will definetly lose from MMRCA . Right???

Tracking Libya, with eye on fighters Indian forces in market to buy weapons in use

24sujanstormshadow.jpg

stormshadow missile
24sujanrafale.jpg

Rafale

New Delhi, March 23: India’s armed forces are closely monitoring the war in Libya despite New Delhi’s reservations against the “Allied” intervention because they are in the market to buy the weapons being used to bomb the North African country.

“We learnt from Iraq and Afghanistan also and we are watching what’s going on — it’s part of our job. This is what globalisation means,” a senior air force officer said, during a discussion here.

“Many of the (weapons) platforms that are in the operations (in Libya) are the ones we are evaluating,” he added.

Most of all, the Indian Air Force is following the bombing campaign by the US, UK, France and eight other countries because variants of four of the six aircraft that are competing for an estimated $12 billion Indian contract have been deployed by the coalition.

Air Chief Marshal P.V. Naik has said India expects to contract 126 medium multirole combat aircraft by July.

“We are watching. We analyse every conflict. We learnt from Iraq and Afghanistan also,” a senior air force officer said.

In effect, Libya has become a kind of “field firing range” for these aircraft to demonstrate their ground-attack capabilities in operational conditions. Even if Libya’s air defence is poor, the US has already lost one aircraft — an F-15E Strike Eagle deep strike combat plane.

The Boeing (McDonnell Douglas)-made plane crashed near Benghazi on Monday night, an incident the US officially said was caused by a “mechanical fault”.

The Strike Eagle is not in the competition for the Indian order. But Boeing’s F/A-18 Super Hornet is. The Canadian Air Force has deployed an older version of the aircraft, the CA-18 Hornet for “Operation Mobile”, its name for the offensive in Libya that the US calls “Operation Odyssey Dawn”.

The bombing run over Libya is believed to have been begun by France’s Rafale aircraft (“Operation Harmattan”).

The Dassault Aviation-made plane was demonstrated at an airshow in Bangalore last month, as was the Super Hornet, the US (Lockheed Martin) F-16 Super Viper and European consortium EADS’ Eurofighter Typhoon.

24sujanpechora.jpg

The Rafales are understood to have bombed a convoy of Muammar Gadaffi’s troops that was suspected to be headed towards Benghazi with the “Storm Shadow” stand-off missile, a weapon that can be fired at precise targets from more than 200km away. A mock-up of the “Storm Shadow” was also exhibited in Bangalore.

The Indian Air Force contract for 126 combat planes is specifically for a category described as “medium multi role” — meaning the aircraft have to demonstrate a capability for not only dogfights in the air but also for precise ground-attack — bombing specified targets.

The UK’s Royal Air Force and Spain have deployed the Eurofighter Typhoon for the operations in Libya. (The British call the offensive “Operation Ellamy”).

The US-made F-16 Fighting Falcon aircraft of the UAE armed forces — the closest version to Lockheed Martin’s India offering — has been deployed by the Arab conglomerate, which has also deployed a version of the Mirage 2000. The Indian Air Force has two squadrons of the Mirage 2000 in its inventory.

Ironically, Libya’s air defence weaponry is mostly of the same origin and vintage as India’s own, comprising mostly S-125 Pechora surface-to-air missiles (also identified as the SA3) that were supplied by the erstwhile Soviet Russia.

The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Frontpage | Tracking Libya, with eye on fighters

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom