What's new

Effect of Libyan Airstrikes on MRCA Deal ?

It is because indian army is only capable of terrorism and killing civilians this is why a plane bombing civilians would be of great appeal to you Indians.
Well that was not too nice, all of a sudden it is every Indians fault for starting this thread?
coming from a premium member that is very immature.

Well that was not too nice, all of a sudden it is every Indians fault for starting this thread?

do you have any problem in here ???? am supporting the guy who started the thread ,there is something to learn from this air raid for our military strategic planners . :triniti:

How shameful.... there are deaths of civilians in Tripoli and perhaps this is the only objective of inidan army and airforce to target civilians in India and beyond.

Yes good test bombing civilians.. perhaps now US have to chip in with hornet to compete with Rafael.

Shame on Arabs who keep company with indians....

And for your info our govt is one of those countries who are against this strike India regrets ongoing air-strikes in Libya | Deccan Chronicle
KEEP YA CROCODILE TEARS FOR YOURSELF MATE ..

I don't think it matters - Libya does not have a proper air force and if we go by stats then F16 stands out with the best record (most kills ) in MMRCA Deal.

I don't think it matters - Libya does not have a proper air force and if we go by stats then F16 stands out with the best record (most kills ) in MMRCA Deal.

Other than Israel, there was hardly any competitive fight fought by an F-16 till date. Its like saying if IAF bombs a few tiny countries and says hey its a proven fighter.

I don't support the bomb raids against Libya. I think UN should authorize peacekeepers rather than air raids.

The Libyan bombing by the West has two objectives: to take over the Libyan oil and show off the aircraft to India mega procurement deal-MRCA. That's why France has been prompt in sending the Rafale to bomb Libya just to make a demonstration of the capacity of the aircraft to India. It is France's last chance to find an export customer for this aircraft.

lol what a funny comment .You want to check the performance of these MRCA contenders against years old obsolete mig-21's,mig-23's or f1's? which also haven't been upgraded since there induction .
We are looking forward to see their A2G capabilities...

How shameful.... there are deaths of civilians in Tripoli and perhaps this is the only objective of inidan army and airforce to target civilians in India and beyond.

Yes good test bombing civilians.. perhaps now US have to chip in with hornet to compete with Rafael.

Shame on Arabs who keep company with indians....
This is coming from the country which has written its name in the very short list of genocide. Thanx to US that you guys are not facing sanctions even after killing millions of innocent people in 1970s. Shame on you guys...

@those who say Libya doesnt have an airforce ;

I clearly said they have plenty of tanks and armored cars for the allies to showcase their A2G capabilities. What is not clear in this whole competition is that which one is the better in A2G role.

This war may give a glimpse into that.

OP is as pragmatic as Chanakya !

:rolleyes: :what:

MRCA is for A2G not for A2A...........Am i right???

So lets see which will take out more number of tanks,vehicles,bunkers,silos,etc very accurately..
So the actual A2G test of MRCA can be done in Libya

MRCA is for A2G not for A2A...........Am i right???

So lets see which will take out more number of tanks,vehicles,bunkers,silos,etc very accurately..
So the actual A2G test of MRCA can be done in Libya

No offence mate but it;s in the name Multi-Role Combat Aircraft. i.e for both A2G and A2A, otherwise IAF would just buy A10s or Su34s

No offence mate but it;s in the name Multi-Role Combat Aircraft. i.e for both A2G and A2A, otherwise IAF would just buy A10s or Su34s

its MMRCA-->medium multirole combat aircraft...

As it is multi-role and can be used for both A2G and A2A...
it can now prove itself a a reliable A2G....

Its Multirole yes, but its already known that Typhoon is the most capable in the A2A role. Its the perfomance in the A2G that is hotly debated.

With all the three top contenders of the MRCA - Super Hornet (from the Carrier Groups), Rafale and EFT set to take part in the Libyan War, I think the IAF will be licking its fingers and waiting for the perfomance of these fighters and maybe they can even play a decisive role in deciding the fate of the competition.

What say ppl ?

Don't think so, because Indian forces already knows about the MMRCA fighters through the infos they got in the RFIs and the trials. These infos are way more important for them, because they give detailed infos on what weapons and techs could be available for India and when, also how these fighters perform under Indian conditions.

For MMRCA all these points are way more important than what happens in Libya, the only interesting point for India is that we can see which countries really are political influential and can take the lead. France (although for debatable reasons) showed this together with the US and UK, but even the latest news that Qatar, or UAE are ready to send their Mirage 2000s to Libya, would not be possible without French politics playing a role.
Germany showed that they want to be a leading country, but are not ready to take the neccesary steps, Sweden has no point at all, Russia (like all BRIC countries) gave a clear no. So if there is any effect on MMRCA, it is the confirmation that the US, Russia, France and to some extend UK are most politcaly influential countries in the world.

The Libyan bombing by the West has two objectives: to take over the Libyan oil and show off the aircraft to India mega procurement deal-MRCA. That's why France has been prompt in sending the Rafale to bomb Libya just to make a demonstration of the capacity of the aircraft to India. It is France's last chance to find an export customer for this aircraft.

Both has nothing to do here, because Libya supplied the west with it in the past and had even close connections with western, especially European countries.
France / Sarkozy just showing that they are a strong and leading country, mainly aimed on their internal politics, because that distracts from other problems they have and might have a positive effect in the next ellections.
The most important reason is, that although Gaddafi turned to the western countries in the last years, he is still a dictator that is not under control of the west and this is a good chance to get rid of him. It's even the easiest way, because the western countries hope that getting air superiority and providing the rebels with weapons will be enough that Gaddafi and his troops will loose.

Back
Top Bottom