What's new

Drone attacks, Nato supplies federal govt’s domain: Khattak

Bahi Sahib, I am saying Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf should pull out of the government if the government refuses to take preemptive or retaliatory military action against the attacks.

There's no law in the land which makes it mandatory for Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf to sit in a government which is hesitant in this regard.

PTI isn't in federal government is it?

Wait a minute, I'm little confused here. AFAIK most of the drone attacks are always done in FATA tribal areas, which doesn't fall in KPK and is federally controlled area. If that is correct then why are we discussing KPK govt here? :undecided:
@Aeronaut @nuclearpak @Leader

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait a minute, I'm little confused here. AFAIK most of the drone attacks are always done in FATA tribal areas, which doesn't fall in KPK and is federally controlled area. If that is correct then why are we discussing KPK govt here? :undecided:

That's the whole point my friend, but some people are still confused.

And even if you somehow magically include FATA under KPK government's jurisdiction, the airspace matters and foreign intrusions are responsibility of the federal government not provincial.

So there is no way to blame KPK government for drones etc.

That's the whole point my friend, but some people are still confused.

And even if you somehow magically include FATA under KPK government's jurisdiction, the airspace matters and foreign intrusions are responsibility of the federal government not provincial.

So there is no way to blame KPK government for drones etc.

Drone attacks in FATA are for the Federal government to deal with, but land transit through KPK for NATO supplies is a provincial issue. Imran Khan can announce a "Dharna" at Landi Kotal and block the trucks. That would be a popular thing to do, in keeping with his election speeches.

Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf will have around 28 seats in the National Assembly. If the majority in the National Assembly can't do the right thing, then there's no need for the 28 PTI seats to stay in the National Assembly.

Drone attacks in FATA are for the Federal government to deal with, but land transit through KPK for NATO supplies is a provincial issue. Imran Khan can announce a "Dharna" at Landi Kotal and block the trucks. That would be a popular thing to do, in keeping with his election speeches.

No that would be the wrong thing to do...

The foreign policy is set by the federal government, you don't want a clash between the federal and provincial governments...PTI won't do any such thing at least in its capacity as a KPK government, in the national assembly, sure they can raise a voice.

WHat would blocking supplies achieve anyway?

BTw, Landi Kotal comes inside FATA!

Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf will have around 28 seats in the National Assembly. If the majority in the National Assembly can't do the right thing, then there's no need for the 28 PTI seats to stay in the National Assembly.

I disagree with this logic...those 28 PTI representatives can do a fair lot, they can raise a voice, introduce new bills and keep some form of checks on the government, better than not doing anything and just talking.

I disagree with this logic...those 28 PTI representatives can do a fair lot, they can raise a voice, introduce new bills and keep some form of checks on the government, better than not doing anything and just talking.

I suppose you're right.

If only Pakistanis had voted for a Naya Pakistan, these attacks would had been history but we'll have to put up with it for another 5 years.

Either way, its PTI's stance to stop drones, do whatever it takes, interrupt NATO supply...

if you want be taken seriously !!

PTI supporters look;

if PTI promised something then they must act accordingly, we did stop NATO supply for 2 days when did dharna, we can do it now, lets show our card and bring them on negotiation table... if nothing else, it would be a face off time for pmln least to say...

Either way, its PTI's stance to stop drones, do whatever it takes, interrupt NATO supply...

if you want be taken seriously !!

Nato supply is another thing, and PTI never promised to stop it. I was talking about Drone Strikers because there is lot of fuss going on by N-Leaguers at FB about it. They are already creating hype against PTI over the issue while NS is directly the concerned person here about this issue who's gonna sit in Center, we should stop this false propaganda immediately..

Nato supply is another thing, and PTI never promised to stop it. I was talking about Drone Strikers because there is lot of fuss going on by N-Leaguers at FB about it. They are already creating hype against PTI over the issue while NS is directly the concerned person here about this issue who's gonna sit in Center, we should stop this false propaganda immediately..

then we stop it to make Drones stop or bring federal govt and american on table with us.. we need to show we are in business now... and things that directly or indirectly effect KPK needs to be tackled,whether it falls in their domain or not..

let the hypocrite nooras bark, they are good for nothing, like I say gandi nasal hain yeh..

our job is to make sure we are heard,

1-be it by blocking NATO supply or

2-by passing a bill in NA to shot down drones, directing the coward general's to get the country's integrity respected or

3-forcing them to bring out the contract paper and forcing nawaz sharif to cancel it.

truth will be out, if we take bold steps...

Bahi Sahib, I am saying Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf should pull out of the government if the government refuses to take preemptive or retaliatory military action against the attacks.

There's no law in the land which makes it mandatory for Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf to sit in a government which is hesitant in this regard.

exactly, Imran Khan said the same about Punjab govt many time. He said if they cant do anything they should resign. Time for Pti :D

but NATO supply will pass through KPK that can be stopped? i think it can be by PTI government in KPK?

PTI wasn't in fedral govt. when they executed long march for resignation of President Pervez Musharraf, replacing him for an obvious Zardari.

Where is Tsunami.. which was over flowing without having share in fedral govt.

Lets see how he can do Dharna in Landi Kotal, I don't think he has guts to do that.. Even in recent dharnas, he was away from the dharna but was still speaking to the crowd. He is some Joke, who can't stay on one line. At one side, he accepted his defeat and on the other hand he is still provoking the people.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom