What's new

Drinking liqour is not Haram - Federal Shariat Court

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ye Pakistan ki Court hy na k ISLAMI riasat ki, jis tara Pakistan mein ijtamai muamlat mein jaisay SIASAT, MAESHAT, MUASHARAT, TALEEM, DAKHLA / KHARRJA Policy mein ISLAM ka koi wajood nahi esi tarah yahan ki ADALTUN mein faislay bi ISLAM k mutabiq nahi balkay Pakistan bannay sy pehlay k British Indian Act 1935 k mutabiq hutay hein.

"Jo ALLAH k utaray huay k mutabik faisla nahi kartay wohi Zalim, Fasiq aur Kafir hein" (Surah Al-Maida).

Ham sab ko fikar karni chahiye k Qabar aur Hashar mein ham kya jawab den gy k dunya mein kis k HUKAM aur NIZAM k mutabik zindagi guraz kar aye hein.

ISLAM IS NOT SECULAR, ISLAM IS DEEN; TOTAL AND ACCURATE WAY OF LIFE, JIS MEIN IBADAAT K SAATH MUAMLAT BI HEIN LEKIN UN MUAMLAT KA NIFAZ AIK ISLAMI RIASAT K BAGHAIR NAHI HU SAKTA, JO IS PURI DUNYA MEIN KAHIN NAHI HY.
LEHAZA AGAR MUSALMAN ALLAH K HUKAM K MUTABIK ZINDAGI GUZAR KAR DONO JAHANUN MEIN SURKHURU HUNA CHAHTAY HEIN TU US ISLAMI RIASAT KO QAIM KARNA UN PAR FARZ HY.

Islam doesn't allow Alcohal Alochal is a sin in Islam and its duty of Islamic Government to implement the Laws of Islam and HAZRAT UMAR RA the great leader of Islam ordered the punishment of lashing for his own son and his son died because of that punishment

I could not double thank you for bringing this to light so thank you again!! Akbar Illah abadi was indeed a great and pious man and a devout muslim.

No probs I felt what you felt.. I love this ghazal more after knowing history another connection is I am also Allahbadi (Illahabadi) :)

Islam doesn't allow Alcohal Alochal is a sin in Islam and its duty of Islamic Government to implement the Laws of Islam and HAZRAT UMAR RA the great leader of Islam ordered the punishment of lashing for his own son and his son died because of that punishment

What happened to being a religion of peace?

again i say keep GOV and reliegon'S nose out of personal matters let people decide abut there personal matters .if he drink and disturb or harm someone arrest him same time .

In order to understand the teachings of Islam you have to understand the logic behind its rulings. Islam understands that for every act of moderation(for instance 95% of christians always drink in moderation and dont get intoxicated, but 5%do and get addicted) there will be a small minority that would not be able to control themselves. So Islam's answer is to abstain from a potentially bad act which might bring harm to some of the people. It is because till such time that you start , you will never know how you will behave. This principle is the basis of all the commands that Islam enforces on the muslims. I hope you understand why it is not allowed to drink in Islam.

I can see the logic behind this, but doesn't this create a situation where the majority are subject to the tyranny of the minority?

Some people become addicted to vicoden, a prescription pain narcotic that is very common. Should vicoden be eliminated because some people have trouble with it? This would be horrible for people in pain.

There will always be behaviors and/or substances that cause problems. The list is huge. Fatty foods, various medicines, firearms, motorcycles, etc. Do we outlaw deep-fried food because some people become obese eating it?

I respect the rights of a country to limit behaviors and objects like guns, drugs, alcohol... but I'd rather see people make better choices, and above all, take responsibility for those choices.

I'd like someone to address my thought experiment.

100 years ago, there were no laws with regards to drugs. I could go in a drug store and buy a liter of Mrs Winslow's soothing syrup which was chock full of morphine.

soothingsyrup.jpg

I could grow and smoke marijuana. Society functioned fine. Humanity progressed. Did some people have problems? Of course. They are going to have problems regardless of laws that legislate morality.

Such things should be a personal decision. I respect anybody who decides not to drink, for whatever reason. But someone else's religious law should not become a State law. That is the only limit I'd place on it.

I am a huge fan of Libertarianism; freedom in all things, responsibility in all things.

I could grow and smoke marijuana. Society functioned fine. Humanity progressed. Did some people have problems? Of course. They are going to have problems regardless of laws that legislate morality.

How much freedom in your opinion should an individual have ?

How much freedom in your opinion should an individual have ?

Almost unlimited, so long as they understand any harm they cause to themselves is on them.

I am certainly not against laws restricting crimes like violence and theft. I believe people should wear clothes. :) Essentially, if I don't harm my neighbor, it's good to go. If I want to ride my motorcycle without a helmet, I should be allowed to do so. If I crash and need expensive medical care, it's on me to pay for it. I dislike "nanny laws" where big brother government tells me what to do, wear, consume, and think. FWIW I don't use drugs.

Societies' attempts to enforce morality rarely work well.

I would like to try to add to this thought provoking discussion with my limited knowledge and would welcome any corrections. I will try to address many issues which have been raised throughout the thread.

First off, you can not see Quran or the Hadith in isolation. The one can not work without the other and you would be left clueless as to what to do. For example, the mannerisms of praying have not been defined in the Quran but in the Hadith and if you were to go strictly by the Quran, everyone would be praying their own way. Quran is the word of the God and Hadith is how the prophet explained it to the people, both are important and need to be seen in entirety rather than Isolation.

As per the Muslim faith, Quran is the continuation of the Torah and the Bible and the final word of God. It builds upon what the previous scriptures said and holds the power to allow or abolish which was permitted or forbidden before. Alcohol was allowed in the days of Prophets David,Jesus and even early days of Muhammad but was systematically phased out in 3 stages. You can not justify consumption of alcohol by establishing that Abraham or Jesus consumed it too. The last manuscript i.e the Quran disallows and that needs to be taken as the final word. God in the Quran says that with Quran he has completed the faith and nothing new needs to be added so NO there isn't a chance that prophet Muhammad didn't get the time to tell each and everything to the people.

The verse about not praying while intoxicated refers to that time when the alcohol was being phased out. To understand the real verdict on alcohol, you need to see the last ruling on it which declares it forbidden. Having said that using alcohol for medicinal use will not make you a Kafir and exclude you from the religion. The rough translation of a verse in the Quran says " We have made this religion easy for you so do not try to overburden yourself by going to the extreme and make it hard on yourself". Praying is the most fundamental and utmost important part of the Muslim faith but even that can be given up if fear of life is at hand. You can even tell someone that you are not a Muslim and don't believe in God if you fear for your life. I can't see how using alcohol to save a life is worse than pronouncing yourself as a Kafir.

Lastly, the Fatwa regarding cigarettes in my personal opinion is a bit misplaced and a skewed interpretation of the verse. The verse is regarding giving money to fuel war and not personal health. If we go by the logic of the fatwa which was that anything which is self detrimental is Haram, then too much fast food should be Haram as well as it results in obesity which leads to heart problems which might be fatal. To really understand the Quran, it is imperative that one understands the context in which the verse was revealed. Like the verse which is so often quoted against Islam is that " Kill the disbelievers wherever you see them". Now the context of the verse is that kill them when you see them in a battle filed and make peace if they wish to do so. The verse by itself sure looks violent to say the least but when seen in the right context it makes sense as in a war, if you don't kill the enemy, the enemy will kill you.

What happened to being a religion of peace?
Sir Peace doesn't mean you start forgiving every criminal Sir His son committed a crime and he was punished according to the law now if he died its no ones fault

Almost unlimited, so long as they understand any harm they cause to themselves is on them.

I am certainly not against laws restricting crimes like violence and theft. I believe people should wear clothes. :) Essentially, if I don't harm my neighbor, it's good to go. If I want to ride my motorcycle without a helmet, I should be allowed to do so. If I crash and need expensive medical care, it's on me to pay for it. I dislike "nanny laws" where big brother government tells me what to do, wear, consume, and think. FWIW I don't use drugs.

Societies' attempts to enforce morality rarely work well.
No Sir human thoughts are limited and they can't decide good and bad for themselves only GOD knows what is better and what is bad for humans so he he has given you the rules for your own good

again i say keep GOV and reliegon'S nose out of personal matters let people decide abut there personal matters .if he drink and disturb or harm someone arrest him same time .

Sorry Sir this doesn't work for Islam Islam is a whole way of Life and it gives orders for every things so and Islamic Government has the duty to enforce these orders

I dip Copenhagen snuff, and have for 20 years. I'd say that makes me an expert on nicotine addiction, which is why I can declare it intoxicating. That was the point. You'll also note I advocate freedom of choice in these matters. No hypocrisy at all. And my personal habits are surely not relevant to this thread, are they? ;)
Often tones are not expressed on forums, my comment was congratulatory :)

How about risky behaviors? They certainly harm people. No one needs to sky dive, for example. But you get a cool adrenaline rush from it. Your brain pumps your body full of chemicals.
See its a given, the more technical religious you get, the less fun everything gets. So thats why I always say let it be a personal choice and even if you're religious you can use your personal judgment on what God will be okay with and what not.

I don't think any religion ever truly covered having fun. The worldly aspects of Islam are more or less about living healthy, keeping society functioning, reducing crime, dispensing justice among many such similar things. Which is why the technical religious people are also not so much in favor of a sport like cricket. Its something Islamically not necessary. Are risky behaviors necessary? Is fun necessary? I think there must be some leeway for being human, after God made us well... human. How much? Your call, you'll answer for it in the end if you make the wrong call.

For all the Sharabi's in the house...

Nasha Sharaab main hota toh, naachti botal
Maikaday jhoomtay, paimaanon main hoti halchal

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom