What's new

DRDO has developed chilli-spray for women’s self-defence: Antony

thestringshredder

Reaction score
Country
India
DRDO has developed chilli-spray for women’s self-defence: Antony

images

Defence Minister A.K. Antony on Wednesday informed that the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has developed a chilli-spray for protection using the world’s hottest chilli grown in Assam.

“Defence Research Laboratory (DRL), Tejpur, a laboratory of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has developed a chilli spray i.e. CAPSISPRAY.

It is an eco-friendly non-lethal chilli spray for personal protection and self- defence. It contains Oleoresin Capsicum extracted from the world’s hottest chilli, the Bhut Jolokia (Capsicum Assamicum), largely cultivated in Assam and other parts of North Eastern States of India,” said Antony in a written reply to Anil Desai and Rajani Patil in Rajya Sabha.

“The prototype of chilli spray is ready and the product is required to be tested for several toxicology parameters. DRDO will take further steps to popularize the product once trials are over,” he added.

Link - DRDO has developed chilli-spray for women’s self-defence: Antony | idrw.org

That could probably ruin your day, if used properly :D

A bit unconventional - but then again, all for a good purpose!

economically benificial and what is to counter this spray if it is used by mistake??:chilli:

Call me weird but I don't think that a Defense Minister should be the one telling the Parliament about a 'Chilli Spray' nor should the Parliament be asking for such a thing - Planes, Missiles, Engines etc. - Fine...but a Chilli Spray ! :blink:

Not weird at all.... our Antony baba is less of a defence minister more of a treasurer of a temple.

How desperate is this cabinet for a win, that they are propping up pepper sprays in parliament....

oh damn...this is gonna ruin some one's day

Its highly likely this will be used by goons and thugs..than women .... unless they setup a proper distribution and make sure only women get it ....

Call me weird but I don't think that a Defense Minister should be the one telling the Parliament about a 'Chilli Spray' nor should the Parliament be asking for such a thing - Planes, Missiles, Engines etc. - Fine...but a Chilli Spray ! :blink:

I agree.

But now you know the standards of MOD here. :D

Do we need DRDO to develop chilly sprays ?

Now you know why they FAIL in things that matter --

Like artillery, tanks, APCs, AMVs, MPVs, ARVs etc.. :lol:

ON TOPIC:

This spray no matter how trivial, is a dangerous thing in the hands of a notorious person (man or woman anyone).

A blast from the essence of Bhut Jholokia will make you wish you were shot or stabbed in the head instead.

I've tasted a pickle made of this chilli and it was as if one had swalled 10 bottles of tabasco at once!

Trust me, if this is what normal, sane women buy and use, there will be very, very few rapists wanting to try their dirty intentions on. :D

How does it taste? :chilli:

You'd beg for death if you were unfortunate enough to experience it. :laughcry:

Not unconventional at all, in the US pepper sprays are widely available for adults for self defence. It is legal in India as well, though I have never come across anybody carrying it, other than riot control personnel. It renders the victim blind for 15 minutes, as well as causing agonizing pain.

SFTGIRL1000002989_-00_Hot-Pink-Mace-Pepper-Spray_1.jpg

Effect:

pepper_sprayed.jpg

Back
Top Bottom