What's new

Dragon can learn a few lessons from the elephant

The historical Great Hindustan was divided into small kingdoms, but culturally they were still Indo-Aryan people.

And Gautama Buddha was born in a Hindu family and racially he was same as today's North Indians, so I guess that both Nepalese and Indian have the right to claim his legacy even Buddhism isn't popular in South Asia anymore.

No need to glorify China's enemy. :angry: :angry: :angry:

The historical Great Hindustan was divided into small kingdoms, but culturally they were still Indo-Aryan people.

And Gautama Buddha was born in a Hindu family and racially he was same as today's North Indians, so I guess that both Nepalese and Indian have the right to claim his legacy even Buddhism isn't popular in South Asia anymore.

Mahatma buddha was bihari by birth, that is - Indian. However, No one can claim buddha and his legacy. He is for everyone who believes in his teachings.
And on a side note- if you accept someone as your master, u dnt become his slave, u become his disciple. Like any master, we are also proud to see our disciple grow and succeed.:angel:
Peace for all.

There was no such a thing called hindu or hinduism. It was Bramin time.

There was no such a thing called hindu or hinduism. It was Bramin time.

word hindu or hinduism has originated from the name of the river "sindhu" (in present pakistan today.

people living in india are called indians , people living in china are called chinese , similarly people living at river sindhu were called sindhus , and later hindus.

ChineseTiger1986,

I assume that you are a Chinese.

Usually I don't say this, but you are mixing many different myths, togehter with some propaganda of India made by both today's liberal West and yestersday's old British Empire.

I find it neccesary to comment on this, since many common mainland Chinese like you have the same sort of delusions on India.

1. ancient Indu Valley Civilisation that today's India takes full credit of was different from today's India !

so ancient Indu Valley Civilisation =/= India!

They have been civilisation/country created by arguablely and most likely different people.

Ancient Indu Valley Civilisation originated in current day Pakistan, and a part of Afganistan. It was created by central Asian tribes, arguablely one of them was called Aryan people, who were located around today's Iran.

Aryan were central Asian people originally, not blonde hair/ blue eyes Western Europeans. Hitler just twisted this myth a little bit to use it to unify Nazi Germany ideologically.

2. "India" was a concept created only recently by British Raj. There was no "India" in the ancient past, but many tiny tribes, some of them were related and some of them were not. But one thing was common : most of them , or almost all of them, had nothing to do with Aryan, oke?

So where this "culturally Indo-aryan" myth came from?

It came from mainly the old British Empire. After conquered and unified South Asia to make it a part of its colonies, the British glorified the importance of so called "India" via different means. The reason for that was mainly to glorify the significance of the new British achievements.

Historially, despite of having some geniuses in South Asia and having created a certain level of civilisation ( note: many experts in the field reasonablely argue that it was Aryan people who did the most part in the acient past, not today's indigenious people there). Also Note that most South Asia's achievements happend in the very ancient past , but not recent past such as the recent 1 or 2 thousand years. Do people ever ask themselves why so? Above explaination is a very plausable reason.

In most part of the history, the direction of flow of civilisation advancements such as techonologies and innovations mostly came from Persia (today's Iran) to the South Asia between the two areas, not the other way around. Thus in the ancient world, Persia was much much more important than South Asia in almost every sphere. But we seldom hear media boost the importance of Persia (Iran) , but only India. Why?

The reason is largely that, the last superpower Britain's colonisation of South Asia made it sound much better, in many cases even totally opposite the facts, through British empire propaganda.

Today, many types of media sources we read, listen, watch and refer to , still contain many disinformation about the South Asia f(aka India) from the propagandadistic "scholars" of old British Empire.

One of the examples is that ( I wrote here previously once) a British Raj official called Murray through some superfical research noted down that the Western Chess was invented by Indians in India. Since the British held the supreme power in all spheres on the world stage at 18th-19th century, the World Chess Association blindly recognised this "fact" , and STILL DO TODAY, ONLY because it was British who claimed it for India, despite of the moutains of evidences that we Chinese invented the Chess many more centuries earlier than what Murray could ever have dreamed of . - I shall skip a detailed analysis here. But you see the point?

3. Today's India was conquered by any invaders you can name of: Central Asians tribes, Persians, Mogols, Muslims, Turks, the Brits, etc, etc. So what kind of culture it had and has according to common senses? "Indo-aryan culture" ? :lol: Give me a break!

Take a good look at the face of Barack Obama! He is the result of 1 generation mixed race. Then randomly look at an Indian face from any busy Indian street, that is the result of generations upon generations upon generations mix of many tribes. Yes, Caste System was developed thousands years ago to seperate tiny number of light-skinned invaders from the vast sea of indigenous dark skinned servants.

After thousands of years of inter-breeding ( yes, between high castes and low castes despite of the strict system in place to prevent it happening), if there was some DNA of Aryan people ( aka Persian stock), they have already become a drop in the ocean long long time ago. That's why some handful individual Bollywood stars are soooooo "precious" today in India.

4 . Back to the topic, what China/Chinese indeed want to learn the elephant?

race mixing? reinvent zero? Yoga? Buddah ( who bty was from Nepal)? ... I am fastly approaching the limit.

Pathetic!

If mainland China/Han Chinese really want to learn something, look at the East, learn something from Taiwan, Singapore, Japan, Korea! Look at the West, learn something from Germans, the Swedes and Dutch! There are enough examples out there. Learn something from the elephant?

is this what you want to learn?

is this what you want to learn?

http://img693.imageshack.us/i/india2w.jpg/

Or is this what you want to learn? Yes, very entrepreneurial ! :tup:

http://img693.imageshack.us/i/india3.jpg/

Last edited:
ChineseTiger1986,

I assume that you are a Chinese.

Usually I don't say this, but you are mixing many different myths, togehter with some propaganda of India made by both today's liberal West and yestersday's old British Empire.

I find it neccesary to comment on this, since many common mainland Chinese like you have the same sort of delusions on India.

1. ancient Indu Valley Civilisation that today's India took full credit of was different from today's India !

ancient Indu Valley Civilisation =/= India!

Ancient Indu Valley Civilisation originated in current day Pakistan, and a part of Afganistan. It was created by central Asian tribes, arguablely one of them was called Aryan people, who were located around today's Iran.

Aryan were central Asian people originally, not blonde hair/ blue eyes Western Europeans. Hitler just twisted this myth a little bit to use it to unify Nazi Germany ideologically.

2. "India" was a concept created only recently by British Raj. There was no "India" in the ancient past, but many tiny tribes, some of them were related and some of them were not. But most of them , or almost all of them, had nothing to do with Aryan, oke?

So where this "culturally Indo-aryan" myth came from?

It came from mainly the old British Empire. After conquered and unified South Asia to make it a part of its colonies, the British glorified the importance of so called "India" via different means. The reason for that was mainly to glorify the significance of the new British achivements.

Historially, despite having some geniuses in South Asia and it has created a certain level of civilisation ( note here: many experts in the field reasonablely argue that it was Aryan people who did the most part in the acient past, not today's indigenious people there). Note here that most Sounth Asia's achivements happend in teh very ancient past , but not recent past, i.e. recent 1 or 2 thousand years. Do people ever ask themselves why so? Above explaination is a very plausable reason.

In most part of history, the direction of flow of civilisation advancements such as techonologies and innovations mostly came from Persia (today's Iran) to the South Asia between the two areas, not the other way around. Thus in the ancient world, Persia was much much more important than South Asia in almost every sphere. But we seldom hear media boost the importance of Persia (Iran) , but only India. Why?

The reason is largely that, the last superpower Britain's colonisation of South Asia made it sound much better, in many cases even totally opposite the facts, through British empire propaganda.

Today, many types of media sources we read, listen, watch and refer to , still contain many disinformation about the South Asia f(aka India) from the propagandadistic "scholars"of old British Empire.

One of the examples is that ( I wrote here previously once) a British Raj official called Murray through some superfical research noted down that the Western Chess was invented by Indians in India. Since the British held the supreme power in all spheres on the world stage at 18th-19th century, the World Chess Association blindly recognised this "fact" ONLY because it was British who cliamed it, despite of the moutains of evidences that we Chinese invented the Chess many more centuries earlier than what Murray claimed. - I shall skip the detailed analysis here. But you see the point?

3. Today's India was conquered by any invaders you can name of: Central Asians tribes, Persians, Mogols, Muslims, Turks, the Brits, etc, etc. So what kind of culture it had and has according to common senses? "Indo-aryan culture" ? :lol: Give me a break!

Take a good look at the face of Barack Obama! He is the result of 1 generation mixed race. Then randomly look at an Indian face from any busy Indian street, that is the result of generations upon generations upon generations mix of many tribes. Yes, Caste System was developed thousands years ago to seperate tiny number of light-skinned invaders from the vast sea of indigenous dark skinned servants. After thousands of years of inter-breeding ( yes, between high castes and low castes despite of the strict system in place to prevent it happening), if there was some DNA of Aryan people ( aka Persian stock), they have already become a drop in teh ocren long long time ago. That's why some individual Bollywood stars are soooo precious today in Inida.

4 . Back to the topic, what China/Chinese indeed want to learn the elephant?

race mixing? reinvent zero? Yoga? Buddah ( who bty was from Nepal)? ... I am fastly approaching the limit.

Pathetic!

If mainland China/Han Chinese really want to lean something, look at the East, learn something from Taiwan, Singapore, Japan, Korea! Look at the West, learn something from Germans, the Swedes and Dutch! There are enough examples out there. Learn something from the elephant?

is this you want to learn?

is this you want to learn?

http://img693.imageshack.us/i/india2w.jpg/

Or is this you want to learn?

http://img693.imageshack.us/i/india3.jpg/

One word - TROLL

word hindu or hinduism has originated from the name of the river "sindhu" (in present pakistan today.

people living in india are called indians , people living in china are called chinese , similarly people living at river sindhu were called sindhus , and later hindus.

lOl! Hindu is originally a Persian word. It was how your Arabic masters called you in the 1200s. The Budda was not born to a hindu family but a Brahmin family. You got to be a little respectful for your own history or your Vedas.

Do you get it?

lOl! Hindu is originally a Persian word. It was how your Arabic masters called you in the 1200s. The Budda was not born to a hindu family but a Brahmin family. You got to be a little respectful for your own history or your Vedas.

Do you get it?

hindu word has originated from the word "sindhu"
ure opinion makes no difference. :wave:

Do you get it?

Please dont embarrass yourself any further, go and read Indian History once, its older than Chinese to start with lol

Do you get it?

and which tree do brahmins belong to? martians?
I have no interest in petty debates. Guys the OP only posted a Chinese media article, why are we bickering on such silly topics.

Mahatma buddha was bihari by birth, that is - Indian. However, No one can claim buddha and his legacy. He is for everyone who believes in his teachings.

Buddha was a Nepali prince and he had no relation to Ancient India.

Here is an interesting proof, a documentary of national geographic about ancient tibetan civilizations, Buddha & Buddhism.

Secrets of Shangri-la; Quest for sacred caves.
Watch Movies Online For Free Full Movie Downloads
la_quest_for_sacred_caves/

And British Raj created the myth of United India, India was never under one rule, the max of it that got under one rule was at the time of Akbar, even at the time of independence their were 500 Princely states which were not wholly under British Rule.

Hinduism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The Persian term (Middle Persian Hindūk, New Persian Hindū) entered India with the Delhi Sultanate and appears in South Indian and Kashmiri texts from at least 1323 CE,[14] and increasingly so during British rule."

It's very polite way for the rulers to call their slaves... Hinduk, Hinduk? It sounds better than Indian!

For those Indian posters who don't know their history you may start with the word "Hinduk". lol

Again, the Budda was not born to a hinduk family! Get it?

Please dont embarrass yourself any further, go and read Indian History once, its older than Chinese to start with lol

Not sure on who is older but one thing I'd like to point out that just because India didn't exist as a nation doesn't mean the culture didn't. China also didn't exist as one nation before the warring states period but that in my opinion does not dilute Chinese cultural history and its significance.
To peace boys :china:
1465.gif

I can safely say that CPC and GOI stand together on major issues affecting our developing economies and they intend to cooperate in future as well. But unfortunately some of our chinese pdf members seem to be paranoid and xenophobic about Indians. Oh well. To each their own.

Back
Top Bottom