What's new

Dr Shakil Afridi claims ISI regards US as "worst enemy"

Sometimes, the messenger is also very important and needs to be pointed at, since the messenger can be bringing wrong / fabricated / half true half false kind of news items.

I am myself wondering, that with so much security, police presence, intel agency ppl presence, how did the Fox News correspondent enter the jail and then had such a detailed interview. And why Fox, why not CNN or BBC, why not Christiane Amanpour interviewed him.

Valid points, it crossed my mind too but being unaware of the set up in Pak one cannot comment beyond a point.

There is no way a correspondent can reach a prisoner without the permission of the authorities holding him.

Sir- you are out of your league. I don't blame you-.but your media is out of control and a far ways from reality. If you wish to engage mkhan, then that is of your own free will, but you have to understand that your media is ****. Follow my words or not, but by following your own media on Pakistan limits your scope on the understanding of our nation. For me, it is almost a shame.

Who is Mastankhan. Is he a holy cow here?

I am asking common sense questions. There is nothing offensive in the language used, unless pointing out a cop out as one is offensive, or calling a rat a rat is.

Where did the media bit come from? You think Indians learn about you only from news channels?

How was he able to give this interview to fox news from captivity?

US senator threatens Lower House over Pakistan aid – The Express Tribune

WASHINGTON: US Senator Rand Paul has threatened to hold up the business of the US Senate until his bill to block assistance to Pakistan over the matter of Dr Shakil Afridi’s imprisonment is not brought forward to the Senate for a vote.

In a letter to Senate Majority Leader Senator Harry Reid, Senator Rand Paul says he is prepared to pursue “any and all means” to secure a vote on his bill immediately. His letter states that this may include objecting to other Senate business and recessing the Senate for the election.

According to a statement, Senator Paul said, “I will continue to work tirelessly to keep this issue front and center. America should not give foreign aid to a country whose government is torturing the man who helped us kill Osama bin Laden. We should not be giving foreign aid to any country that is not clearly our ally. This must end, and this week I will renew my push for a vote on this issue, including holding up Senate business to accomplish this goal.”

EXCLUSIVE: Jailed doc who helped nail Bin Laden warns Pakistan sees U.S. as 'worst enemy'

he should goo & sit on obama's feet ......

BTW with strick security still fox news manage to get the "desired" words from his mouth amazing.....:D

If that can happen then a direct punisment through airwaves can also reach him.

Well dont most Pakistanis here consider US as the biggest enemy wanting to snatch their nukes ? What was it that he said differently ?

NOT at all US is NOT our enemy. US is guarding its own interests at our cost and that is not liked by anyone NOT even India if it happend to India at the hand of US.

What Mr Afridi is saying is just trying to kid US for his own release. The Americans have been hearing these emotional statements by many and its a reality US-Pak relations are not based on emotionalism rather on mutual interests and lack of trust on both sides.

@angeldust, the reason Al=Qaeda/Bin Laden or Taliban don't operate in Iran is because we are Shia. They are Sunni extremists and are very anti-Iran, so they won't find many sympathisers within our population to help protect them. Not to mention that they are the sworn enemies of our government.

@angeldust, the reason Al=Qaeda/Bin Laden or Taliban don't operate in Iran is because we are Shia. They are Sunni extremists and are very anti-Iran, so they won't find many sympathisers within our population to help protect them. Not to mention that they are the sworn enemies of our government.

Yep, the major reason why the Western part of Afghanistan which borders Iran is relatively safe, prosperous and developed.

Exactly Shahin. This is obvious to the entire world. Except those deluded enough to believe that the scum were unwittingly/involuntarily corralled in a certain direction by Western forces alone.

Osama bin laden was a blood thirsty terrorist and deserved to die.

This doctor should be commended for helping kill him.

He could have done that by telling the Pakistani army, oh wait we dont trust them right.

He did the right thing, but the wrong way. Today we let him go saying that oh its ok he did the right thing. But tom we will have 10 more afridis to deal with. Which we already are doing rightnow,.

He could have done that by telling the Pakistani army, oh wait we dont trust them right.

He did the right thing, but the wrong way. Today we let him go saying that oh its ok he did the right thing. But tom we will have 10 more afridis to deal with. Which we already are doing rightnow,.

Yes he could have told the Pakistani Military if it didn't have so many Taliban and Islamist infiltrators in its midst.

Everyday there is a new terrorist attack on a Pakistani Military Base done with insider knowledge by someone from inside the Pakistani Military. That problem needs to be fixed before complaining about such things.

As for Afridi, he didn't give away Pakistani state secrets, he helped find a wanted terrorist. Or are you saying that Osama bin Laden's location was a Pakistani state secret?

Yes he could have told the Pakistani Military if it didn't have so many Taliban and Islamist infiltrators in its midst.

Everyday there is a new terrorist attack on a Pakistani Military Base done with insider knowledge by someone from inside the Pakistani Military. That problem needs to be fixed before complaining about such things.

As for Afridi, he didn't give away Pakistani state secrets, he helped find a wanted terrorist. Or are you saying that Osama bin Laden's location was a Pakistani state secret?

Do you know how many gang members and racist movements are integrated within the US military?

A terrorist group within the armed forces was recently uncovered.

Stop the bullshit.

Afridi is a traitor to the nation and deserves a hanging. You can cry as much as you want against it, but that will be his fate.

As for Osama:

You should read up on Osama's links to the pentagon. They are available right here on the internet. No conspiracy involved... :coffee:

I somehow find the whole report suspect, as the very easy tone in which it has been reported suggests a fake story built upon this and that. Fox is not free from sensationalism and never has been.
If Shakil Afridi is under such strict watch, THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL that the ISI would let a reporter get an interview.
It simply isnt happening, whatever could have been done by the reporter is to use existing reports and build upon them using Tom Clancy novels.

Do you know how many gang members and racist movements are integrated within the US military?

A terrorist group within the armed forces was recently uncovered.

Stop the bullshit.

Afridi is a traitor to the nation and deserves a hanging. You can cry as much as you want against it, but that will be his fate.

As for Osama:

You should read up on Osama's links to the pentagon. They are available right here on the internet. No conspiracy involved... :coffee:

Your analogy would hold merit if US Military was infused with people who wanted to topple the US government and were openly attacking it such as Right Wing Militias. Since 1995, there hasn't been a right wing milita attack so your analogy is pathetic.

Afridi is not a traitor as he helped capture a wanted terrorist. He actually helped keep your *** safe in USA as your buddy Bin Laden was openly planning more attacks in USA.

People like you need to be stripped of their American nationality and kicked back into Pakistan.

I somehow find the whole report suspect, as the very easy tone in which it has been reported suggests a fake story built upon this and that. Fox is not free from sensationalism and never has been.
If Shakil Afridi is under such strict watch, THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL that the ISI would let a reporter get an interview.
It simply isnt happening, whatever could have been done by the reporter is to use existing reports and build upon them using Tom Clancy novels.

I was wondering that too.

How could a foreign media be given so much access to this doctor who is kept under the watchful supervision of the ISI.

I doubt they would fake all of that, specially now that US Senators are talking about the report.

Sen. Paul Issues Letter to Sen. Reid Regarding Pakistan Detention of Dr. Afridi Rand Paul | United States Senator

Back
Top Bottom