What's new

Did you know? Zee to launch a channel that will air Pakistani content only

I started watching Pakistani dramas in 2010. My first TV drama was Zeros and I really liked it. Indians promote their religious contents more than us. Sometimes, its like their real focus is spreading religions in the world.
yeah almost every movie opens with a scene from mandir..

yeah almost every movie opens with a scene from mandir..
Still we think we are doing better than our neighbours and now we should help our industry to grow rather than watching Indian contents where we see only hatred.

i wonder why nobody thought about this earlier...Indian viewers deserve good content from everywhere ..beginning with pakistan.
from conversation here it seems pakistanis have old doordarshan type drama (before that fat lady dumbed down soaps) which will be liked by many people and even men can enjoy it without feeling shame.

We don't promote our religious stuff so much unless the drama story is based on it. Still you should watch it and you will love it.

Sir unlike Indian serials which mostly consist of worshiping hindu bhagwans you will not see anything like that in Pakistani dramas. I know because my mother used to watch star plus.
i not convinced,,,I am afraid that our children will be influenced by it,,hamara culture kharab ho jaega:mad:,,,,moreover it has the potential to become a propaganda mouthpiece of Pakistan,,8-)
hmmm...:what:(thinking)
hmmm,,,(ab baat ka batangad kaise banau):undecided:
hmm........
:woot:
eureka!!!
I will open a thread titled "should we ban all Pakistani content in India" n add a poll to it.....:yahoo:
ahh wait ,,,this doesnt seem to be an original idea...

oh you meant spoken urdu... yes most of the serials are easy to understand... similar to Indian movies.. for viewers of south they might need to add subtitles... God knows!

Most Southies don' watch Zee.

i think they should mix both of them .. so no one feels threatened that way .. there shouldn't be one channel purely for Pakistani dramas... bcoz of any incident btw the two countries ...the channel will face problems .. every channel should be allowed to buy pakistani drmas .. they can show it once or twice a weak .. in that way the local drama industry will not feel threatened or people will not think that we are trying to invade their culture ...

INdian drams would get higher TRP ... they have more masala .. Pakistani drams mostly focus on story...

Wonder if there will be translation for the Southies. This will be totally alien for them.

Most Southies don' watch Zee.

Wonder if there will be translation for the Southies. This will be totally alien for them.

yeah that was surprising for me .. when i was in Singapore for a year .. most of the Indians dont know hindi there .. i still have many indian friends ... they dont even speak shuddh hindi .. ( my friends ar mostly from maharashtra ) .. but they do understand urdu .. they just have problem with few words ... as u know that most opf these drams are based on novels and the wors they use are not commonly used by the people in general conversation

I dont think southies will like our drams .. Pakistan culture is similar to north Indians ... North India is the target market for zee i guess.. do u understand hindi??

yeah that was surprising for me .. when i was in Singapore for a year .. most of the Indians dont know hindi there .. i still have many indian friends ... they dont even speak shuddh hindi .. ( my friends ar mostly from maharashtra ) .. but they do understand urdu .. they just have problem with few words ... as u know that most opf these drams are based on novels and the wors they use are not commonly used by the people in general conversation

I dont think southies will like our drams .. Pakistan culture is similar to north Indians ... North India is the target market for zee i guess.. do u understand hindi??

I understand 50% of it. I understand Hindi movies partially. But I rarely speak Hindi.

what I like about about or used to like about Kerala and it's TV was the comedy shows. As a small child in Kerala I used to enjoy political comedies, because they made fun of the Communist, Muslim League, BJP and Congress politicians.

Yeah, Southern languages are on a different family group of languages. I still understand Urdu well enough to understand basic plot and character motivations.

I just think there needs to be more awareness of Pakistani diversity and Indian diversity to each other. I think it would be cool to expose Pakistani culture to South as well, and expose some of South India to Pakistan as well to dispel the notions of two countries as monoliths.

Back
Top Bottom