What's new

Development in Pakistan - Ongoing Projects

There is another project that has been proposed but has not been approved
(yet)it's called the port tower it will be built in Karachi and it will have a height of 1947ft.I don't have a picture can someone please try to find it?
:pakistan:

Its part of the karachi waterfront project, by limitless but they could not work it out with the sindh government(bunch of idiots). So im guessing the project got shelved, and limitless took the project of their website.

Its part of the karachi waterfront project, by limitless but they could not work it out with the sindh government(bunch of idiots). So im guessing the project got shelved, and limitless took the project of their website.

Actually, it may be a part of limitless but it is a project proposed and financed by the Karachi Port Trust (KPT) but I agree with you the limitless waterfront has been ignored by the GoS.

i read from somewhere that this project(karachi crecent bay) will be completed by 2020. makes sense coz its a massive and impressive project.
do u guys know how much floors are there in each builiding?

I hope not, I'll be old then. I want to enjoy the scene of crescent bay while I'm still young.

I hope not, I'll be old then. I want to enjoy the scene of crescent bay while I'm still young.

hope i am wrong but there are more than 10 towers which need to be build. depends how many towers they take at a time.

KARACHI (March 24 2009): The Port Qasim Authority (PQA) would bring the $11.4 million Liquid Cargo Terminal (LCT) at Port Qasim to be operational from March 28, 2009. According to official sources at PQA, the Authority had declared the draft and dimensions for the newly-built terminal, the operation of which had long been hindered by at least seven decade-old naval moorings, comprising four underwater sinkers and four buoy chains, at Marginal Wharf, Berth No-1.

The PQA, operator of the Port Qasim, had set an overall length of 170-metre, 30-meter beam and 8.5-meter draught for the LCT, a project of M/s FWQ Enterprise, they added. The sources further said the terminal would start handling the liquid cargo ships from Saturday, March 28, with a vessel carrying around 12,000 metric tones of Malaysian palm oil, being the first to anchor at the facility on the same date.

Another PQA official, however came up with a different date for commissioning of the LCT saying that the terminal would start functioning on March 26 but not on March 28. It is worth mentioning that the PQA had declared to complete and commission the $11.4 million LCT project by January 2008, but the reason of removal of naval moorings from navigational channel, delayed the time frame set by the PQA.

The Authority had allocated Rs 77.90 million for the removal of moorings that according to sources, was a stumbling block for PQAs mega projects, like the project of Deepening and Widening of Channel worth Rs 10.3 billion. Earlier, the PQA had set a designed capacity of 4 million tonnes per annum for the LCT dredging and work on which, had been commenced in March 2007.

ISLAMABAD STOCK EXCHANGE TOWERS

Designed by: NESPAK
Contractor : Habib Rafiq Pvt Limited
Height:
Parking Floors: 3
TOTAL FLOORS: 19

Render:

Current Status:

Pictures Taken on March 21st:
b172bb977e443b46b62b97b50ccb08ba.jpg

I've noticed that there's a lot of construction going on in Islamabad. I think these buildings should be in Karachi instead. Islamabad is blessed with nature, trees, and green mountains. More buildings, less trees, and a higher population will change the atmosphere of Islamabad.

However, it is the capital of Pakistan :pakistan:

I've noticed that there's a lot of construction going on in Islamabad. I think these buildings should be in Karachi instead. Islamabad is blessed with nature, trees, and green mountains. More buildings, less trees, and a higher population will change the atmosphere of Islamabad.

However, it is the capital of Pakistan :pakistan:

true but islamabad is the capital it needs a few things. There are already a lot of buildings being build in karachi, 93 of em.Plus Islo needs a nice skyline, along the road in blue area, on both sides a line of buildings will look awesome. Plus most buildings in islo are for commercial and not for residential.

Beside the Stock Exchange is the the telecoms tower, it is 24 floors, currently they are working on 17th floor and its rising fast, takes them abt 10 days to complete 1 floor.

The work on this building was halted also, due to high restriction by the CJ iftakar. After he was brought down by Musharraf, they started working on the building, right now they are working at a fast pace, this is a huge structure and they finish abt 2 floors in a month.

The work on this building was halted also, due to high restriction by the CJ iftakar. After he was brought down by Musharraf, they started working on the building, right now they are working at a fast pace, this is a huge structure and they finish abt 2 floors in a month.

It looks like we'll see the beautiful building very soon inshAllah.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom