What's new

Development in Pakistan - Ongoing Projects

they have already started the piling for the few buildings. It will take them about 5 years to finish. This is Emaar, they are known for their work. Plus they already have a lot of machines there to start the work.

I think Crescent Bay is going to take a much longer time they have not progressed much in construction like Islamabad has.

The only reason why the Centaurus construction is fast because its being built by a foreign company and the government is involved in it.

The only reason why the Centaurus construction is fast because its being built by a foreign company and the government is involved in it.

I thought Crescent Bay is also being built by a company based in Dubai.

Maybe because they have restricted people from taking pictures near the construction site that's why I haven't seen much pictures of the construction site of Crescent Bay...also this project is much more advanced than Centaurus and World Trade Center in Islamabad.

that is true, it is hard to get into to the site for pictures. One more thing is that the construction was halted for a month because emaar was hit hard by the recession, but its continuing at a full pace now.

im not sure abt the world trade centers, work was on a halt for a month or so. After building the basements and foundations they stopped. The work will start soon, because they were waiting for a machine which was being imported, with this machine they will be able to build faster.

Centaurus uses Chinese workers.

c38afbe6c9962163abe313f21a602fa8.jpg

This site is huge.

the pilling is the hardest part and takes like 6 months to do. They have done the pilling, so relax plus that picture is about 2 months old.

i read from somewhere that this project(karachi crecent bay) will be completed by 2020. makes sense coz its a massive and impressive project.
do u guys know how much floors are there in each builiding?

Last edited:
work has been halted on this one for quite some time now
its been almost an year and i havent seen any change

they have already started the piling for the few buildings. It will take them about 5 years to finish. This is Emaar, they are known for their work. Plus they already have a lot of machines there to start the work.

yeah this project worth almost 43 Billion dollars which is hard to believe and i don't think it will be completed with in 5 years time since creating Moon and the sky in the sea will take some time and building houses on the reclaimed land is also not an easy task

I wish it is completed before 2020 but can't say anything

yeah this project worth almost 43 Billion dollars which is hard to believe and i don't think it will be completed with in 5 years time since creating Moon and the sky in the sea will take some time and building houses on the reclaimed land is also not an easy task

I wish it is completed before 2020 but can't say anything

lol, this project will be finished by 2014 - 2015.

Emaar have a habit of finishing stuff on time.

ISLAMABAD STOCK EXCHANGE TOWERS

Designed by: NESPAK
Contractor : Habib Rafiq Pvt Limited
Height:
Parking Floors: 3
TOTAL FLOORS: 19

Render:

Current Status:

Pictures Taken on March 21st:
b172bb977e443b46b62b97b50ccb08ba.jpg

Sofitel Tower, Karachi.
PROJECT HIGHLIGHTS