What's new

Deoband fatwa: It's illegal for women to work, support family

Do you make the same complaint when a Doctor tells you to eat healthy food, do regular exercise, show up for annual checkups, take medicine correctly and on time when needed? No, if you are a smart person, you wont complaint because you know the Doctors knows what you do not. The other option is to become a Doctor yourself, learn that art and than based on your knowledge ignore what a Doctor is telling.

There is nothing in common with what the clerics say & what a doctor does.

.. and in any case doctors also sometimes make wrong diagnosis often with fatal results.

And Indians are too happy to support this kind of Mullahs; they even encourage these bustards to visit other countries so that they can project the most absurd picture of Islam to the world. Matter of fact, Deoband receives training and funds from RAW to continue their activities in the name of Islam.

Well sir i have to disagree with you here, u see every person thinks in his own way , also influenced by his personal experiences so how can you say that the whole deobandi sect are some kind of terrorists or hate spewers? see every religion organisation have their share of moderate and hawkish people. Also don't you think that if such persons are being welcomed even after their first contact with others then the people welcoming them also believe in it. Muslims in India are far clever to be tied down by these kind of fatwas. I salute to those women coming out and working thus empowering not only this multi cultured society but also the country. Please stop thinking everything in a conspiracy theory way:angel:

There is nothing in common with what the clerics say & what a doctor does.

.. and in any case doctors also sometimes make wrong diagnosis often with fatal results.
The common is the 'lack of knowledge' between an ordinary person and a cleric on religion or an ordinary person and a Doctor on diesease/cure.

Yes Doctors do make mistakes but no one curse them collectively.

It is interesting to see what a secular moron, sonia's pet, the oldie Manmohan has to say about this. If this was a Hindu organization, these pseudo-secular sonia lickers would have started barking in one voice.

The common is the 'lack of knowledge' between an ordinary person and a cleric on religion or an ordinary person and a Doctor on diesease/cure.

Yes Doctors do make mistakes but no one curse them collectively.

On the contrary, there are laws making the doctors accountable for their actions and punishments if found guilty.. there is redressal.

Religion is too personal a thing ( like the clothes one wears, the food one eats, the upbringing one gives to children and so many more) for any one to pass judgements on.

In any case its between God & a human, how can another human interpret it for a fellow human ?

Is it an Indian organization or pakistani? I'm really confused.

Deoband is a city in UP

Dar-ul-uloom basically means House of Knowledge. Its equivalent to a university in modern terms. After Al-Azhar in Cairo Egypt it is the most well known seat of learning in the Islamic world. It has various disciplines and faculties like any university. But also those institutes who follow the patter of teaching Dars-e-Nizami (means Lessons of Nizami) named after a scholar from Luchnow Maulana Nizamuddin Sehalvi.

Graduates of these institutes are known as Deobandi. Before independence these institutes were spread across the subcontinent and had strong interaction with the central university in Deoband UP. They were in the forefront in mobilizing students against the British rule. After independence these institutes were split up and interactions reduced.

You can read up more on them from their website here
Darul Uloom - Deoband (India)

The situation with Pakistan in particular is that the establishment there, particualrly under Zia used scholars and students from these institutes for their own politcal empowerment. The number of Deobandi maddrassas (schools which Dars-i-Nizami pattern instead of say full fledged unis like in Deoband UP) in the NWFP region had their syllabus distorted where extremism and "violent" culture was promoted. So much so that even alphabets were taught in terms of A for AK-47 for example. American and Saudi money paid for these new books and were implemented in these madrassas. Since the 80s there has been a big sea change in the deobandi schools in Pakistan vs India particular with regard to these issues.

Regarding fatwas, like I have said before. These are religious opinions. They are not binding. If you don't want to follow it you don't have to.

Religion is too personal a thing ( like the clothes one wears, the food one eats, the upbringing one gives to children and so many more) for any one to pass judgements on.
Maybe in your religion its personal, but Islam exactly teaches its followers how to wear clothes, what food to eat, how to bring-up kids, etc. Islam (for Muslims of course) is not just a religion, its a way of life.

Ah... i can see where this is coming from.
in a muslim household it is male members' responsibility to take care of the family. but this only disallows the men from demanding a share (for himself or for the house) in womens' earnings.
here wat these ppl have done is reversed the logic. lol

This fatwa can affect Indian muslims.

but, does this affect muslims outside India.lets say pak muslims? how?

No matter how regressive the fatwas come out of Deoband, not once have they justified terrorism in the name of Islam or suicide bombings. Let me also remind you that Deoband has not issued any fatwa of Kufr against any sect including shias.

This is from the Darul-uloom Deoband and not the Pakistani so called Deobandi ulemas who use whatever means they can to empower themselves politically.

The terror in the subcontinent is thanks to using Islam and various sects as proxies and to gain political capital. This could be any sect or religion and the end result would be the same.

Wrong, the fatwa against Shia being KAFIR was Issued from deobandi school of thought based in India

I have personally met some clerics from India (came to UK for TABLIGH) and were not even willing to listen me for a second and their one word "Shia are kafir" was more than enough for all my questions.

You are wrong, on many ocassions i have observed Fatwas from deobandi school of thought are first issued from India

Fatwah is for All Muslims - be it in Pakistan, India or even Africa. You please stay out of this topic

This thread is strictly for Muslims only

well technically a fatwa is for all muslims. but to be more specific and taking into account different sects, lets say its for all Deobandi followers.
national boundaries are not quite significant if u go by the true spirit of Islam

The situation with Pakistan in particular is that the establishment there, particualrly under Zia used scholars and students from these institutes for their own politcal empowerment. The number of Deobandi maddrassas (schools which Dars-i-Nizami pattern instead of say full fledged unis like in Deoband UP) in the NWFP region had their syllabus distorted where extremism and "violent" culture was promoted. So much so that even alphabets were taught in terms of A for AK-47 for example. American and Saudi money paid for these new books and were implemented in these madrassas. Since the 80s there has been a big sea change in the deobandi schools in Pakistan vs India particular with regard to these issues.
Here you go; you are absolutely correct. The so-called Deobandi Schools in Pakistan are nothing but schools that teach some of the syllabus (Dars-e-Nizami) organized and taught in Dar ul Uloom. I can bet that most who are trying to find/establish a link between the problems of Pakistan and the teachings of Dar ul Uloom are not even aware of what the hell is this Dars-e-Nizami or what are its contents.

Secondly, when all that started back in early 80s, most prominent Pakistani Scholars such as Moulana Moudoodi, Mufti Mahmood etc had already passed away hence there were no prominent figures who could resist the unholy alliance of politics and religion during Zia's time.

Fatwah is for All Muslims - be it in Pakistan, India or even Africa. You please stay out of this topic

This thread is strictly for Muslims only

who are you to decide what I should do and what not? keep your advice to your self.

I asked a question because I wanted to know something that I don't know. did I do anything wrong?

Back
Top Bottom